Kathu officials hand out nasal inhalers to promote driving alertness in Phuket New Years traffic

webfact

Kathu officials hand out nasal inhalers to promote driving alertness in Phuket New Years traffic
Tanyaluk Sakoot

1451525598_1.jpg

PHUKET: -- Kathu municipality officials joined with Thung Thong policemen and a Phuket Vice Governor to hand out aromatic, menthol-infused nasal inhalers to promote traffic alertness among drivers at a checkpoint on Pha Phuket Keaw Rd yesterday (December 30).

Leading the "Not Drunk, Not Sleepy"traffic alertness campaign in the district's bid to reduce accidents and prevent traffic fatalities was Kathu Mayor Chaianan Sutthikul.

Also joining and endorsing the positive publicity iniative were Phuket Vice Governor Chokdee Armornwat, Sirasak Sakulsoratcha the director of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation, Phuket Office, as well as officials from the Phuket Land Transport and the Phuket Highways Office.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/kathu-officials-hand-out-nasal-inhalers-to-promote-driving-alertness-in-phuket-new-years-traffic-55636.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-12-31

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what sort of unique mentality dreams up these absurdities that we see promoted here regularly.

Instead of adopting some common sense ideas that would improve things such as real policing and real driver education we get more of these hare-brained remedies.

next week we'll have a new one.

It is quite the charming accessory. wai2.gifwai.gif

I've seen it a 1000 times...

Those photos are great, that is how I remembered my first visit years ago to Chiang Mai.

As for the cops promoting this, maybe it would be a good idea to change their hats to a long pointy one with a huge "D" on it, and have them stand in a corner.

And if you stick one up each nostril, you'll be twice as alert.

Anyway, I wonder if these things contain anything that will up your breath alcohol reading.

....or reduce it.....

...not sure what this lame-brained endeavor is all about....

...camphor.....

Never heard of nasal inhaler promoting alertness.

Is there any medical support for this or is it just another official crackpot idea ?

Hang on. Make up your mind, is it crack, pot or a mixture of both with a little menthol thrown in. That would really keep you alert.