Genuine Windows 7 turns non-genuine

TheCruncher

Just for the record when I bought Windows XP Pro for $5 I was at the time working in the computer department of a university and I purchased it under the Campus License Agreement. Totally legal and in no way an illegal copy. Microsoft have verified its authenticity.

Most large companies can sell software if they have spare copies to employees for any amount they want as can Universities. Many chose not to do it but the option is there.

Just for the record when I bought Windows XP Pro for $5 I was at the time working in the computer department of a university and I purchased it under the Campus License Agreement. Totally legal and in no way an illegal copy. Microsoft have verified its authenticity.

Most large companies can sell software if they have spare copies to employees for any amount they want as can Universities. Many chose not to do it but the option is there.

That is true. We had inexpensive Windows versions available to employees at my old company also. Inexpensive OSs provide your employees with a home use platform that can also be use to work at home. Increased productivity adds to the bottom line. It makes good sense from a business perspective.

Edited by connda

Click on your Start and type in Restore. Select System Restore. At the Restore system files and setting click Next. If you have any restore points set, restore your system to one of those points. If you had malware, it may have reset those points, but it's worth a try.

After today, buy yourself a portable hard drive. 1 Terabyte drives are under 2000 THB. While your computer is running a set up correctly, you should have made a System Image of your system that you can roll back to. Windows has tools to create system images or you can purchase a tool like Norton Ghost if they still support it.

Sorry for your loss. You probably going to have to rebuild your system. Having backups of you system image will save you immense heartache which you are probably experiencing right now.

I just bought a Weston Digital (WD) external 1TB and a WD 1TB internal neither of them cost me less than Baht 2000 each

Edited by gandalf12

Click on your Start and type in Restore. Select System Restore. At the Restore system files and setting click Next. If you have any restore points set, restore your system to one of those points. If you had malware, it may have reset those points, but it's worth a try.

After today, buy yourself a portable hard drive. 1 Terabyte drives are under 2000 THB. While your computer is running a set up correctly, you should have made a System Image of your system that you can roll back to. Windows has tools to create system images or you can purchase a tool like Norton Ghost if they still support it.

Sorry for your loss. You probably going to have to rebuild your system. Having backups of you system image will save you immense heartache which you are probably experiencing right now.

I just bought a Weston Digital (WD) external 1TB and a WD 1TB internal neither of them cost me less than Baht 2000 each

http://www.invadeit.co.th/category/internal-hard-drives/1-tb/sort/price/asc/

First four are under 2k.

First four are under 2k.

And I can vote for the WD Blue. I have 2 of them which are I guess almost 10 years old, and both still going strong with no bad sectors. One being in use every single day since purchase.

Same can't be said for the WD Green.

First four are under 2k.

Typo should read "both cost less than Baht 2,000 each"

It baffles me why anyone would pay good money for any Windows OS when there are perfectly good free OS such as Ubuntu, Lubuntu etc. out there. Why instal an OS which is under constant attack by hackers, and also chews up one's time and disk space with seemingly unending updates and security patches?

I haven't had any Microsoft product for nearly 5 years now, and I can't say I miss any of their offerings.

I can only answer for myself. I have thousands of hours of experience learning the idiosyncrasies of the Windows OS, and I'm not about to go through that learning experience again to save $100 every 2-3 years when MS says, "bend over, we have something new and zoomie".

And that doesn't begin to count the $$ thousands I have invested in software for the Win OS that I'd have to leave behind to go to Linux or even Mac. Plus the thousands of hours on the learning curves for those programs and their Win friendly user interface.

For watching videos and doing the interweb, Android works fine. I'm sure Linux works a dream, too. And I think the computer makers are snapping to the fact that most of us use our computers as glorified entertainment and communication devices.

But if I'm needing to do some serious work on a vector graphic, or an AutoCAD drawing, or a spreadsheet or database that I have to actually show to others (who will want to work on it themselves), saving $100 to avoid MS would be business suicide.

It baffles me why anyone would pay good money for any Windows OS when there are perfectly good free OS such as Ubuntu, Lubuntu etc. out there. Why instal an OS which is under constant attack by hackers, and also chews up one's time and disk space with seemingly unending updates and security patches?

I haven't had any Microsoft product for nearly 5 years now, and I can't say I miss any of their offerings.

I can only answer for myself. I have thousands of hours of experience learning the idiosyncrasies of the Windows OS, and I'm not about to go through that learning experience again to save $100 every 2-3 years when MS says, "bend over, we have something new and zoomie".

And that doesn't begin to count the $$ thousands I have invested in software for the Win OS that I'd have to leave behind to go to Linux or even Mac. Plus the thousands of hours on the learning curves for those programs and their Win friendly user interface.

For watching videos and doing the interweb, Android works fine. I'm sure Linux works a dream, too. And I think the computer makers are snapping to the fact that most of us use our computers as glorified entertainment and communication devices.

But if I'm needing to do some serious work on a vector graphic, or an AutoCAD drawing, or a spreadsheet or database that I have to actually show to others (who will want to work on it themselves), saving $100 to avoid MS would be business suicide.

Oh, come on impulse!!!....don't be such a stick in the mud....switch to a version of Linux and be among the almost 1.7% of people who use it compared to other OSs like Windows, etc. tongue.png

Desktop Operating System Market Share

December, 2015

https://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0

post-55970-0-05163000-1452045510_thumb.j

Do they call it Windows 10 because it only has 10% market share? laugh.png

10% is durn good for not even being out 6 months yet. I'm glad I upgraded from 7 to 10 on one of my laptops...I upgraded day one it came out on 29 July 15; can't upgrade on my 8 or 9 year old second laptop because the video circuit is not fully compatible with 10. And I expect from now to 29 Jul 16 when the "free" upgrade period ends that Win 10 market share will climb to around 30%. Plus for the newest computers which come with genuine Windows Win 10 is now becoming common...8.1 is being sidelined...and Win 7 is now a legacy product with only critical updates being provided.