New Visa Rules 2016

OZEMADE

I just went in for my yearly extension before xmas and said that i had my bank letter for 800k but had changed my passport and they had used my old passport no , no problem , in and out in 5 minutes , picked up passport after xmas ,place was heaving , in and out in 5 minutes , no fuss no bother .thumbsup.gif

If it were not for the Thai Visa system....there would never have been a web site called Thaivisa....or the amount of discussion on the matter.

If it were simple straight forward and did not cost you time or money, nothing to talk about.....

If it were not for the Thai Visa system - there would not have been a need for a web site called Thaivisa..... It would have been Thailand Today or some other simple title...I won't comment on the Thai visa system...ever again...... Too much like trying to hit a moving target when you are blindfolded.

it says extra paperwork is now required for one year ' married' extension, but fails to elaborate.

Yes ,and will Savanaket (Laos ) continue to be an easy route for this (once you get to the out of the way place ,in the first place ) ?

As mentioned in the recent retirement visa thread, it may now be required, for those renting, to now have a rental contract, rental receipts i was told will no longer suffice for my next renewal. Whether or not is enforced consistently is up in the air.

I am off to Jomtien Immigration next week and ask a few question re Extension/Retirement Visa, as I am up for my renewal on the 11th Jan. I am presuming I will still have to go to Australian Embassy Bangkok to have my financial Stat Dec stamped and signed and more than likely get my name in the House Book in Pattaya.

Also have to get a 30 day extension for my dear old mum who has a 60 day visa issued by the Sydney Thai Consulate, as they stated Jomtien Immigration will issue the 30 days require before returning to OZ.

Will let you know next week when I have the info.

OZEMADE

The new Multi Entry 6 month Visa is a problem for me paperwork wise. Whilst no problem proving cash funds income verification is and as registered with Revenue as Pro Gambler (Spreads etc) I am not required to keep accounts etc.

Am gonna have to revert to obtaining single Tourist Visas instead of the previous double/triple entry.....Mind you its going to work out cheaper which is the farcical issue

Just one more example of the increasing friendly behaviour of the Thai authorities. blink.png

Good job, get them naughty Farangs

I've always found them, if not exactly friendly, at least more than willing to grant whatever visa related service requested if the paperwork is in order. What's wrong with your paperwork? Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Just one more example of the increasing friendly behaviour of the Thai authorities. blink.png

Good job, get them naughty Farangs

I've always found them, if not exactly friendly, at least more than willing to grant whatever visa related service requested if the paperwork is in order. What's wrong with your paperwork?

Nothing wrong with my paper work ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But as usual you missed the point. coffee1.gif

I am off to Jomtien Immigration next week and ask a few question re Extension/Retirement Visa, as I am up for my renewal on the 11th Jan. I am presuming I will still have to go to Australian Embassy Bangkok to have my financial Stat Dec stamped and signed and more than likely get my name in the House Book in Pattaya.

Also have to get a 30 day extension for my dear old mum who has a 60 day visa issued by the Sydney Thai Consulate, as they stated Jomtien Immigration will issue the 30 days require before returning to OZ.

OZEMADE

As a foreigner your name is not usually printed in the " House Book" even if you own the house or condo, and your name is in the Chanote.

OZEMADE

I did a 30 day extension on a Tourist Visa last week, and it was a breeze.

For proof of residence, I used our rental agreement for the apartment, which I was worried about because its in her name, but was told, that's fine.

In 9.30am, out before 10am, surprisingly quiet for the time of year, I thought.

The new Multi Entry 6 month Visa is a problem for me paperwork wise. Whilst no problem proving cash funds income verification is and as registered with Revenue as Pro Gambler (Spreads etc) I am not required to keep accounts etc.

Am gonna have to revert to obtaining single Tourist Visas instead of the previous double/triple entry.....Mind you its going to work out cheaper which is the farcical issue

Am quoting myself here. Can anyone suggest how I can get around the problem with accounts in my Post.....??

Attended Chonburi Immigration today to renew my Retirement/Extension to stay Visa

What a rat race queued up out the door, but all in all in and out in 20 minutes and come back in 2 days to pick it up as they are very busy.

I produced all the relevant documents, including my Stat Dec from the OZ Embassy, re my monthly cash flow.

They did ask me to copy all pages from my passport, not just the relevant ones.

I also had to fill out 2 x forms that were in Thai. More paperwork.

One form has to have my full name, DOB, passport number and my country filled in to the bottom half.

The second form was to be signed. It was to let me know that if I overstay what the penalties were and that I understood the penalties.

In reference to proof of address, they are still accepting electric, water bills and receipts of your lodging to date.

He did say that the new rule on long stay retirement visas and the like would sometime this year have to produce a House Book. This was a requirement from the Military to once and for all prove the address where you are staying. The old bill trick would no longer be accepted.

At present the house book takes between 2 to 4 weeks to be finalised and the Chonburi Immigration have a form stating what the requirements are for you to get the house book. All English to be translated to Thai and the House Book must be applied for from the Amphur/Council where your address is. I.e. mine was Nongprue on the Dark Side.

I got this info from the Pattaya Council on North Rd when I went to apply there.

Mods may want to put this info into the Visa section?

Hope this info helps.

OZEMADE

Edited by OZEMADE