Things to do in Khon Kaen

Kenny202

We lucked out and found some decent places to eat, including the best value Thai breakfast food I've ever found on the north edge of that same lake next to a Chinese temple and the Vietnamese place nearby the temple.

I'm interested about the restaurants too. Do you mean on the main road around the dam or a side street? I know a Vietnamese place on a soi off the main dam ring road (not real VN food). Where was the thai breakfast food? U mean the cluster of little roadside restaurants outside the 7 11?

Incidentally there's a night market accross the road from the Chinese temple. Excellent food there and nice little market. As someone else said Ton Tann hard to beat for eats night time. Food at the big night market middle city I've found a bit ordinary

It really goes without saying, but based on someone mentioning it in another discussion recently Trip Advisor is a good place to check for this. They will have a list of the top activities or restaurants or whatever else in that or any area, and it's worth scanning.

I noticed they didn't have a mention of the new water park there, Dino Park, and added that. We went to it but didn't stay because only the part related to adults or teens is completed, not the section for younger kids, and my son is only 7. It's supposed to be completed in April, so it probably will be ready in July or so.