SURVEY: Do you believe terrorists should receive the death penalty?

Scott

Should terrorists receive the death penalty  

266 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

it's again amazing and shocking to see how expats abandoned their culture where there were raised up in. Where is your christian culture gone?

Or is it already DEMENTIA what is to be seen here?

It is intangible for me to understand you all who were voting for murder....!

In this way you are not better than the attackers....Take an eye for an eye. Disgusting for me.

Your philosophy on this topic will be judged as weakness by any religious extremist. They would laugh at you and then take you and your family down like dogs. If you chose to do so, be my guest. But if anyone threatens or hurts my family, I won't rest until I myself have either shot him dead or beat him to death with my bare hands.

That is probably exactly how the loved ones of an innocent family taken out by an allied drone strike feels about the west.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That’s a very difficult question, because common sense would vote “death penalty” – presume we are beyond any doubt of guilt – however that may give the terrorist martyr-status, and in that case a small prison cell, and the key being thrown away, may be better punishment; but the last solution will include the risk of some attacking the jail to free the comrade terrorist(s)...

it's again amazing and shocking to see how expats abandoned their culture where there were raised up in. Where is your christian culture gone?

In this way you are not better than the attackers....Take an eye for an eye. Disgusting for me.

Quite arrogant of you to assume anyone is christian or a deluded believer,which explains your flawed thinking and admitted lack of understanding. Dementia ( literally out of your mind) is a closer definition of those who hear voices (divine?) in their heads and dogmatically believe in something for which there's no more evidence than for fairies or Santa Claus. Ironic that you should quote the biblical text "an eye for an eye" and say it disgusts you. You sound very confused and bedevilled with contradiction....like most believers.

Yesterday's terrorist is tomorrow's head of state, with whom we exchange ambassadors, make trade agreements and in some cases award the Nobel Peace Prize.

I can think of 5 instances off the top of my head.

I don't think any particular religion has a premium on terrorism if you look beyond the particular boogeyman flavor of the year.

Edited by dexterm

Your philosophy on this topic will be judged as weakness by any religious extremist. They would laugh at you and then take you and your family down like dogs. If you chose to do so, be my guest. But if anyone threatens or hurts my family, I won't rest until I myself have either shot him dead or beat him to death with my bare hands.

That is probably exactly how the loved ones of an innocent family taken out by an allied drone strike feels about the west.

That is probably true in some cases but not all. I don't believe that a person cares so much about their family while supporting honor killings...and if you are hanging out with Islamic terrorists, and attending the same weddings, then you probably would kill your own daughter for "bringing dishonor" to the family.

That is probably true in some cases but not all. I don't believe that a person cares so much about their family while supporting honor killings...and if you are hanging out with Islamic terrorists, and attending the same weddings, then you probably would kill your own daughter for "bringing dishonor" to the family.

I think you are drifting off topic into the realms of Islamophobia. Execute Islamic terrorists but view terrorists of other religions through rose tinted spectacles.

As I have said before, I am not a big fan of the death penalty, but the problem with keeping these people alive, is that they are then a commodity that can be traded. If they are executed, there can be no demand for their release. No trading of prisoners or for the return of dead soldiers.

Yesterday's terrorist is tomorrow's head of state, with whom we exchange ambassadors, make trade agreements and in some cases award the Nobel Peace Prize.
I don't think any particular religion has a premium on terrorism if you look beyond the particular boogeyman flavor of the year.

Still deflecting and trying to protect your religion I see.

I don't think the topic is about Islam. It's about terrorism. Not all terrorists are Muslims.

So are you protecting the others, or just the Islamic terrorists?

Still deflecting and trying to protect your religion I see.

I don't think the topic is about Islam. It's about terrorism. Not all terrorists are Muslims.

So are you protecting the others, or just the Islamic terrorists?

I was baptized and brought up a Christian but am a confirmed atheist.

I simply hate bullies and irrational thinking.

Many posters on this forum seem to focus on one religion only. I try to show a balanced view that other religions and governments including my own practise terrorism too.

Murder is murder, whether under the guise of terrorism or not. Provided there is undoubted proof of guilt, all pre-meditated murderers should be executed.

This is the problem. Patsies are used in false flag terrorism events. The death penalty silences them forever and with them the truth is buried. Authorities as executioners are fond of burying the evidence, which may even reveal those that brought the action from above.

So no. It is a major problem. Do not execute so-called terrorists. Its barbaric to boot and merely satisfies those in the hang'em hight brigade.

Islamic Terrorism is a plague on the whole planet. The death penalty for every single one of them.

Spoken like a true red neck. Why should there be a death penalty for one murderer and not another. Is the life of say a policeman or child of more value than that of say a middle aged woman? If your country is barbaric enough to have the death penalty then it should be applied to all those that intentionally take life.

Ulysses is far from being a "red neck." He is well read and has basic common sense.

As far as the death penalty, it isn't barbaric the way Americans administrate it. There are some people who simply shouldn't be allowed to stay on this planet any longer, due to what they have done to others.

Islamic terrorism is a plague. I'm beginning to think liberalism may fall in that category as well.

Don't fall in that trap.

Of course Man created religion. But you are missing the point. Terrorists (Islamic in the main) are motivated by their religion, not other men

What complete and utter rubbish, are you telling me Ghandi, Nelson Mandella and even The IRA were motivated by religion. At least get your facts right

Another survey that will reflect the TVF demographic. An overwhelming Yes vote will continue to feed the self-delusion of a marginal sub-set of society. Thankfully, these people have entirely no influence on policy but just add to the noise and chaos that real decision makers have to deal with in the real world.

I prefer the position taken by the International Red Cross decades ago in 1958 that every person in enemy hands should be covered by the Geneva Convention. This allows only two options; they are treated as a Prisoner of War under the Third Convention; or, they are a civilian and so covered by the Fourth Convention and are tried under the domestic law of the State detaining them.

US domestic law has created a legal category of 'non-combatant' which is not mentioned in the Geneva Convention. Such domestic law invests the President with certain power but such powers are not covered by international treaty. Practices such as detention at Guantanamo Bay, Military Trials and drone strikes can be easily interpreted as equally unlawful according to international law.

Unilateral action by any State can be reciprocated in the future. The world would be far safer if States worked under the provisions of multilateral treaties and comply with the law.

So what you are saying is we have our hands tied behind our backs and we honour the geniva convention. Whilst the terrorist have there hands free to do as they please and kill whoever they like with no come back on them even though they do not follow the afore mentioned convention. Plus as we have our hand tied already were easy to behead. The Geneva conventions by the way are for wars and conflicts not terrorists in any form.

I am not saying that at all. You and the intellectual pygmies that accompany you are saying this. I said something quite different. I find it more than a little tragic that right wing ideologues are so quick to advocate the abrogation of law. The codification of laws created the first civilisations in history and is the hallmark of subsequent 'great' civilisations, including the American Experiment. Unlike instructions from one god or another, laws are created by people; are rationale; and, effective laws are non-discriminatory and applied equally to all.

What discriminates you from a terrorist when you advocate arbitrary execution?

The Geneva Convention has legitimacy. It provides a legal framework governing international conflict that has protections and consequences just like domestic laws should have. There are international courts whose role is to interpret and expand the provisions of such conventions. Why is the terrorism scourge any different? Unreasoned fear is used by people with an agenda to pervert the protections and non-discriminatory principles that great societies live by to advance their own power or ideology. You and your fellow travellers merely play into their hands. I will put my trust in a robust set of laws that are applied without fear of favour to everyone. In advanced societies, this generally means that the death penalty is not among the legal options available.

Making assertions about international treaties, using just one sentence to make a declaration is pretty weak and easily dismissed. Provide me some mature argument of how the 3rd and 4th Conventions do not apply in this matter. A combatant is either a POW or a civilian to be tried under domestic laws. Like I said, your hysterics pay into the hands of people who do not have the interests or advancing civilisation at heart.

Edited by lostboy

I'm from Hawaii, kill 'em all

When Chuckd suggested we kill all Texans I was shocked but if it meant we did not have to suffer any more of his posts ,I though oh well, what the heck. but Hawaiians are such nice people, walking around in their grass skirts all the time and doing the hula!

Why kill all of them , just because you are from there?

could we just keep some of them? Perhaps the girls?

I Ike the girls and maybe Don Ho, I like Don Ho too!tongue.png

Edited by sirineou

Islamic Terrorism is a plague on the whole planet. The death penalty for every single one of them.

Spoken like a true red neck. Why should there be a death penalty for one murderer and not another. Is the life of say a policeman or child of more value than that of say a middle aged woman? If your country is barbaric enough to have the death penalty then it should be applied to all those that intentionally take life.

Ulysses is far from being a "red neck." He is well read and has basic common sense.

As far as the death penalty, it isn't barbaric the way Americans administrate it. There are some people who simply shouldn't be allowed to stay on this planet any longer, due to what they have done to others.

Islamic terrorism is a plague. I'm beginning to think liberalism may fall in that category as well.

Some points

-Just because you read something does not mean you understand it.

-Stupid is as stupid does

-"Well" is a subjective term

When Chuckd suggested we kill all Texans I was shocked but if it meant we did not have to suffer any more of his posts ,I though oh well, what the heck. but Hawaiians are such nice people, walking around in their grass skirts all the time and doing the hula!

Sorry to inform you, but Don Ho is already dead.

Sorry to inform you, but Don Ho is already dead.

Ohh realysad.pngsad.png how about Magnum is he OK?

Ok then Kill them alllaugh.png except the pretty girls and Ohh, I forgot to mention the barbecue guys . I like the barbecue Lu Ow,

Strange a post of mine was removed referring to the 17 gifts in paradise. I was being trite . But point is most are so worried about what Muslims might think or react to some criticisms of some of the nonsense that they trot out. Why not call a spade a spade. So much rubbish is thrown out in the name of the big boy and the vast majority of nice Muslims say nothing. All I hear is ......that's not what Islam is about. If so shout it from the hilltop.

Quite arrogant of you to assume anyone is christian or a deluded believer,which explains your flawed thinking and admitted lack of understanding. Dementia ( literally out of your mind) is a closer definition of those who hear voices (divine?) in their heads and dogmatically believe in something for which there's no more evidence than for fairies or Santa Claus. Ironic that you should quote the biblical text "an eye for an eye" and say it disgusts you. You sound very confused and bedevilled with contradiction....like most believers.

you don't know anything. Sorry.

WE DO live in a christian society. You would not deny it unless you will tell me you are Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, or similar.

Living in a Christian Society has nothing to do with "believer". It has to do with ethic and values.

And also please read my quote carefully next time: I was talking about Christian Culture in my post and not about BELIEVERS.

Maybe you suffer already from dementia? Also here you are wrong. Go for a dictionary...if you can read properly.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed, again.

Of course Man created religion. But you are missing the point. Terrorists (Islamic in the main) are motivated by their religion, not other men

Islamic in the main)

I don't understand. Can you explain? Do you mean most terrorists in the world are Muslims?

Problem I hear from folk from many countries , UK in particular I understand. I'm Australian. After second world war we had LOT of immigration from Europe. Some people copped lot of abuse from the Anglo living here. Thing is the Germans , camping others gave us magnificent wine knowledge. The Italians took on construction. They were sadly called <deleted>. They also gave us great food and culture. Later after Vietnam war we had MANY Vietnamese come here. Never serious problem because no religion involved.

Then Muslims came here. I recall protests at primary schools because the school was having Christmas scenes. For heavens sake. In Australia we have freedom of religion. Can I go there and do the same. I can't even have a beer in some stupid countries.