Car drives at soldiers on guard outside Mosque in southern France

rooster59

Car drives at soldiers on guard outside Mosque in southern France

post-247607-0-02264200-1451693742_thumb.

In southern France soldiers opened fired on a car which tried to ram them twice. They were on guard outside a Mosque. The driver of the car is now in hospital while an elderly worshipper was injured.

It happened in the town of Valence in the south east. It’s understood the 29-year-old driver is not known to local intelligence services.

An amateur video captured the moment the car was driven at the soldiers.The mayor said the driver tried twice to hit them. They opened fire on his second attempt. One of the soldiers received slight injuries.

The elderly man was hit in the calf by a stray bullet shot from one of the soldiers’ guns.

The motives behind the attack are not known and the driver has not yet been questioned.

French Muslim representatives have condemned the attack against the soldiers.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-01-02

Someone driving at the people guarding the Mosque would most likely be right wingers.

It looks like the clash of civilizations has begun.

Clash of civilizations, sure. We're the attack on the Mosque one of arson the perpetrator very often turns out to be a Muslim with a motive of blaming the attack on Islamophobia, such a motive looks unlikely here, unless the driver really expected to be able to carry out the attack and get away without being identified.

Live fire against their own citizens by the Army.. Despicable!!!

Did I miss something? I didn't read that the driver was a French citizen.

In any event, I have no issue with lilling somebody who attempts to drive over them.

What a shame there will now be the cost of a trial and keeping the jerk in jail.

I have a liking for summary justice.

Did I miss something? I didn't read that the driver was a French citizen.

In any event, I have no issue with lilling somebody who attempts to drive over them.

What a shame there will now be the cost of a trial and keeping the jerk in jail.

I have a liking for summary justice.

Fair enough. Europe is a big place. He could have travelled from somewhere else then bought a French registered car and decided to drive at the Soldiers. My live fire comment was tongue in cheek aimed at others who wrote how despicable it was for the Thai Army to use live rounds during the Bangkok red shirt anarchy.

I'll start a lottery for guessing his name.

I bet it begins with an M.
reports are that he was allahu akbar-ing while attacking soldiers with his car. Good chance you are right with his name.

Just look how the msm is trying to avoid identifying the religious gentleman

reports are that he was allahu akbar-ing while attacking soldiers with his car. Good chance you are right with his name.

Just look how the msm is trying to avoid identifying the religious gentleman

What a bunch of clap-trap. If the French police identify the man, then so will the press, whether they are MSM, or one more to your liking.

Lots of stories on this, but none of them identify the man.

So the French authorities are too politically correct for their own good.

Mohammed, Mustafa or Abdullah for my money.

sorry, Mohammed,s taken, you can have either of the other 2

You'll have to be more specific, I've got Mohammed and F4UCorsair,s got Mustafa, you could have Mary Jane if you like, troggers is offering 1000-1. Not a bad ew bet!

What's the French version of Billy-Bob or Cletus?

Try the Tunisian version. As usual, suspicions about the nature of the attacker were correct in the first place:

"The suspect is an unemployed 29-year-old French citizen of Tunisian origin who resides in Lyon and came to Valence a few days earlier to visit his in-laws, Perrin said. . . . However, during the attack, the suspect "is said to have used the words 'Allah is great,' which shows an association to a particular religious sentiment," Perrin added." http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/driver-had-martyr-aim-in/2393920.html

Despicable ???

Their citizen was trying to kill them !!

What would you suggest ??

Catch them and give them a stern talking to ??

I would hate to have you by my side in a life threatening situation !!!

Despicable ???

Their citizen was trying to kill them !!

What would you suggest ??

Catch them and give them a stern talking to ??

I would hate to have you by my side in a life threatening situation !!!

my post was a tongue in cheek dig at another poster who stated on another thread that a countries army shooting its own citizens was a despicable act and any Western country would not allow it. This was in reference to the Bangkok red shirt chaos.