Affirmation at Amphur Office

Hi Guys,

Quick one. Just giving some thought to a Spouse Visa Application we will be making later this year.

When we went to my wife's local Amphur Office in Phang Nga to register our marriage, they kept the Affirmation to Marry (which I got from the British Embassy) and certified translation (from Ministry of Foreign Affairs). They gave us the marriage certificate.

Is it normal for them to keep these documents? Do I need copies for the aforementioned visa application or is the marriage certificate itself (and translation) sufficient.

Many Thanks

Michael

Don't know what UK will want but that Embassy letter/translation is always kept and is specific for registration of marriage so should not be asked. But others should be able to provide a list of exactly what is required.

yes they do keep the letter, but it has been posted on here that a copy can /is required by local immigration should you need to apply for a yearly extension based on marriage. so if you are stilllocal to the office a copy obtained now could avoid a visit at a loter date,

as posted not required for settlement visa