Ignorant & nasty Foreigner in our Condo..

les1

Can we get things in perspective. I also live in Riverside Condo and, from what I remember, the no smoking policy was imposed without reference to the tenants about 18 months ago. Personally I am a non-smoker but what's the problem. I understand, and agree with the policy of not smoking indoors, but outdoors - really get a life! These little "Hitlers" that constantly try to control how others may live are beginning to make me throw up. If you don't like it for Gods sake just move up wind. What next tenants will not be allowed to use sun cream in case the smell may offend. Get a life!!!

Firstly why should Tenants be consulted on Condo Policy? If you don't like it you have 2 options. By all means throw up be my guest.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dipstick - Your latest comment is absolute nonsense. Your the one who raised the fact did OP move into condo due to no smoking policy, not me. All I am saying is that laws should be made by the people for the people not just an individual as is the case re this no smoking ban at Riverside?

Hi Dipstick - Firstly I am able to confirm that OP moved in before no smoking ban was introduced - Indeed many people in condo suspect OP had input in effecting ban although this was never put to a vote. You may also be interested to learn that OP only spends 6 months per year in Thailand. Laws are to be respected but surely the majority should have there say!

What difference does it make that I only spend 6 months of the year here & that there was no non smoking ban in place when I moved in.I suspect that I know who you are because not many people would know that information. Not that it matters to me there is a huge amount of support for this ban. Management & committee were consulted & considerd it was appropriate. Should others have been consulted on the no smoking ban around the main Lobby doors too?

That's interesting Les1 - May your views serve as a warning to any tenant that may wish to rent one of your condos. You obviously believe that as a owner any tenant you may rent to are considered as scum. Phew what a landlord.

I am not a Landlord but the same would apply reference obeying Condo rules & no one said that all Tenants were scum. I am referring to one person in this issue.

Interesting topic, there are obviously two sides two any argument, however, there are those on here lambasting an elderly man for not accepting rules are being flaunted. Those that ridicule the OP are those who are probably younger, who have non or very little respect for rules and regulations. Those that have been breastfed and rebel against regulations.

Is it possible the OP, in his latter years has bought his condo solely because of the non smoking rules, and it suited his age and possible future frail health ? Whether I like it or not, I do believe that rules are there for a reason, and abide by them. Anarchy is easily achieved if regulation breakers feel fit to do so with I impunity.

So for all those who think the smoker is in the right, let's see how long you will be happy with life and the repercussions if you ignore the regulations and light up on an aircraft, hospital etc ... Got the point !

Sorry !!

But if ask follow rules and laws, must be IN lows.

Who is OP ? Police Oficcer? Owner and it his rules? May be volunter Police?

So why his try to force stop? His even not sure broken laws or not.

Rules any privat comunity or privat place can't be over laws.

So

Why not call police or call administration?

He has no right to stop the smoker.

And some talk : water on a pack of cigarettes.

fight. push in water.
What is it?
How to defend the law and the rules and at the same time breaking the law ?
how to require follow the rules and at the same time breaking the law?
rolleyes.gifwai.gif

I am a non smoker.. Not a militant one but I do object if someones smoking in somewhere I am eating etc.. I would agree with 'common areas' being indoors etc..

But poolside ?? Outdoors ??

Surely thats not so disturbing...

In many Hotels etc there are non smoking signs around the pool. Most Songtaews have non smoking signs how different is that & if someone was smoking on a Songtaew should he be permitted? Smoking as we all know is even worse by second hand smoke within 30 meters. Why should non smokers be subjected to this indoors or outdoors. However the point is that he becomes violent is that acceptable?

I am non smoker also, but I do not want you as a neighbor.
These expatriates calling the settlement or the police at the slightest unpleasantness are in my eyes the worst breed in this dream country.
We left our land stifling under the rules to find a little freedom in these tropics. You want to bring a new bullying contingent here but I wish that you quickly leave this country.
Yet I repeat, I am also no smoking.

I am a smoker,i am a foreigner,i live at the same condo, and yes i smoke at the outdoor pool, but i am adamant that i am neither ignorant or nasty.The only possible exception to my not being nasty is when i am told to stop smoking,then, by golly i can become Nasty with a capital H.

The ban on smoking at the outdoor pool is an infringement of my god given rights, and is totally unenforceable by anyone at all.I live here because , unlike in the west, with all the PC bullshit and erosion of ones rights one can do as one pleases.

Get used to it is all i can say.coffee1.gif

Edit...i must admit though that i really hate when others see me smoking and follow my cue and near automatically light up, i mean hey, i do smoke, but i hate second hand and others doing it in my special spot!!

Not living there but I would probably throw a full bucket of water over his smoking head.

I hate smokers

Additionally, I feel it is twice as intolerable in a beautiful environment where everyone else would not smoke, simply because they do not want to be seen as stupid.

If the environment is dirty to begin with, and uncomfortable, then somehow smoking is not quite so bad.

The environment in most places here that I see is very clean.

Les1 - What are you talking about. You are renting one of your apartments. Does that mean your not a landlord. Please clarify.

The apartment is rented to a prospective buyer for 3 months.

I am a non smoker.. Not a militant one but I do object if someones smoking in somewhere I am eating etc.. I would agree with 'common areas' being indoors etc..

This ^^^^

Seriously? Outside is a problem? Oy vey.

Hi Dipstick - Your latest comment is absolute nonsense. Your the one who raised the fact did OP move into condo due to no smoking policy, not me. All I am saying is that laws should be made by the people for the people not just an individual as is the case re this no smoking ban at Riverside?

Hmmmm NB, it really is very easy to shoot oneself in the foot. If you read carefully what I wrote, I asked Is it POSSIBLE the Op purchased on the no smoking policy, it was a question not a statement! The next thing is, as you openly and publicly state, and others have picked you up on, and that is however it happened there is a smoking rule in place. End of ! And as previously stated, it really doesn't matter how long the OP stays at his condo, but it is a little concerning that you seem to know his schedule and where about. I do not know the OP I do not know the condo in question, but the OP seems he is a person of substance being able to spend months in different locations! I wonder if that is an issue for some ?

Well, this has become quite heated - - with strong opinions on both sides...

It seems the only viable solution is that Riverside should put in a second pool, far from the first and have both a smoking and non-smoking pool - they can then consider breaking out another for cigars - nobody likes cigar smoke right?

Thw world really is over populated, I guess...

Smoking in all communal open spaces should be banned. Condos, parks, beaches etc should have small enclosed smoking cages like those in airports.

Why?

polution from car and factory it more "not healthy"rolleyes.gif .

And why if sell some ligal can't use?

Smoking in all communal open spaces should be banned. Condos, parks, beaches etc should have small enclosed smoking cages like those in airports.

Without question. And people who wear too much perfume, chew loudly, blow their noses in public, and fart should be confined to camps where their heinous behavior is overseen by guards in jackboots who enforce the government mandated lifestyle. I love people like you.

Without question. And people who wear too much perfume, chew loudly, blow their noses in public, and fart should be confined to camps where their heinous behavior is overseen by guards in jackboots who enforce the government mandated lifestyle. I love people like you.

Governments only mandate a lifestyle desired by a majority. And strong perfumes, chewing loudly & blowing noses etc could be disgusting but not dangerous to health.

Why?

polution from car and factory it more "not healthy"rolleyes.gif .

And why if sell some ligal can't use?

They do have rules for pollution from cars and factories. If anyone violates those policies, they should be punished. If a majority votes for more stringent emission regulations, i will accept it even if i may not agree.

It's all about having consideration for others, not doing what you damn well please. But I guess those who smoke in a no smoking area are just ignorant and have no remorse or manners.

OK, but,,,, if i'm smoking and no one is there how can i show remorse or manners?.Like, its not affecting anyone right?

Bit like the old "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Governments only mandate a lifestyle desired by a majority. And strong perfumes, chewing loudly & blowing noses etc could be disgusting but not dangerous to health.

I suggest you Google 'fragrance allergies'. You will find it is quite common nowadays.

In many Hotels etc there are non smoking signs around the pool. Most Songtaews have non smoking signs how different is that & if someone was smoking on a Songtaew should he be permitted? Smoking as we all know is even worse by second hand smoke within 30 meters. Why should non smokers be subjected to this indoors or outdoors. However the point is that he becomes violent is that acceptable?

My take on this is that I approve an indoor smoking ban, but outdoor is a bit drastic.

The effects of occasional second hand smoke within 30 meters in well vented open sky areas are not significant, so it's not a health concern.

Regarding hotels, I can't remember a single one where smoking was not permitted in open sky areas - I insist on open sky, meaning no roof.

I'm a non smoker and dislike smelling too much smoke too, but I am ready to give some "breathing space", so to speak, to smokers too.

Archived