Ignorant & nasty Foreigner in our Condo..

les1

Every rule, every law, every instruction will have (ALL) people affected.

Every rule, every law, every instruction will discomforting (SOME) people.

Every rule, every law, every instruction will have (A FEW) people not take it.

In doing so, they (A FEW) are the first step to anarchy = chaos.

When you live with more together in a group, the group needs rules, laws, instructions to avoid chaos = anarchy.

If one cannot agree with this, the individual should move away from the group and live on his own.

Simple and straight.

Unfortunately, those few people have NO will - power at all (proven). They rather prefer to disturb - annoy - even destroy peoples lives.

Animals do not tolerate and the others as a group will act to survive in the long run.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Every rule, every law, every instruction will have (ALL) people affected.
Every rule, every law, every instruction will discomforting (SOME) people.
Every rule, every law, every instruction will have (A FEW) people not take it.
In doing so, they (A FEW) are the first step to anarchy = chaos.
When you live with more together in a group, the group needs rules, laws, instructions to avoid chaos = anarchy.
If one cannot agree with this, the individual should move away from the group and live on his own.
Simple and straight.
Unfortunately, those few people have NO will - power at all (proven). They rather prefer to disturb - annoy - even destroy peoples lives.
Animals do not tolerate and the others as a group will act to survive in the long run.

80 year ago in German make Low,instruction and FEW not take it. After what happened?whistling.gif

So this is way thinks can be dangerouse

anarchy its NOT= chaos.

The most fundamental maxim of many anarchist tendencies is that no individual has the right to coerce another individual, and that everyone has the right to defend his or her self against coercion ©

PS

i am more monarchist, so anrchy for me opponent.

The answer if the OP is bothered by this persons smoking is to register a complaint with the condo management.

It is the managements responsibility to enforce any "rules" which apply to the building.

Agree 100%

Not have another way if OP calls for rule.

Prohibit not in his jurisdiction.clap2.gif

I am a non smoker.. Not a militant one but I do object if someones smoking in somewhere I am eating etc.. I would agree with 'common areas' being indoors etc..

But poolside ?? Outdoors ??

Surely thats not so disturbing...

In many Hotels etc there are non smoking signs around the pool. Most Songtaews have non smoking signs how different is that & if someone was smoking on a Songtaew should he be permitted? Smoking as we all know is even worse by second hand smoke within 30 meters. Why should non smokers be subjected to this indoors or outdoors. However the point is that he becomes violent is that acceptable?

what about the smoke of everyones car is that acceptable?

That a'int the point is it......
it is a lot worse

I am a non smoker.. Not a militant one but I do object if someones smoking in somewhere I am eating etc.. I would agree with 'common areas' being indoors etc..

But poolside ?? Outdoors ??

Surely thats not so disturbing...

In many Hotels etc there are non smoking signs around the pool. Most Songtaews have non smoking signs how different is that & if someone was smoking on a Songtaew should he be permitted? Smoking as we all know is even worse by second hand smoke within 30 meters. Why should non smokers be subjected to this indoors or outdoors. However the point is that he becomes violent is that acceptable?

what about the smoke of everyones car is that acceptable?

That a'int the point is it......

Type a letter to your management company objecting to the selfish behavior of the smoker explaining that it`s spoiling the enjoyment of the communal environment requesting that they write to the offender on the residents behalf, making sure all the details are explained. Go around to other residents and ask them if they agree and could sign it? Then make a copy for yourself and post the original EMS to your management company requesting a response to you of what they intend to do about it.

And if they do nothing, what then?

I don`t know what the rules are concerning private property or what it stipulates in the rules of the lease? If all else fails he could withhold his maintenance fees until some sort of action is taken, including putting some no smoking signs around the area.

But until he tries, he won`t know will he?

Not living there but I would probably throw a full bucket of water over his smoking head.

I hate smokers

I do too.

There is a nasty stinking french woman on the 6th floor that chain smokes outside on her balcony. You go anywhere near her room inside or outside and it stinks like stale smoke. All the rooms around that room are empty, no renters and even owners have moved out because of her.

Too many passive pansies around.

Take the matters to the dungaree court and get it settled. There are too many creative ways to remind stupid inconsiderate people that their actions are not only offensive, against the policies for a reason, but also dangerous to your health.

I dislike French for more reasons.

In my country now it's forbidden to smoke on your own balcony if it's disturbing to your neigbors. Very good evelopments, this harmful and primitive behaviour should be banned as much as possible.

Free marihuana - ban tobacco.

Why pot smoke wouldn't be as disturbing as tobacco's?

Could you list the other reasons you dislike French?... It sounds interesting

Smoking in all communal open spaces should be banned. Condos, parks, beaches etc should have small enclosed smoking cages like those in airports.

Without question. And people who wear too much perfume, chew loudly, blow their noses in public, and fart should be confined to camps where their heinous behavior is overseen by guards in jackboots who enforce the government mandated lifestyle. I love people like you.

Governments only mandate a lifestyle desired by a majority. And strong perfumes, chewing loudly & blowing noses etc could be disgusting but not dangerous to health.

You live in Thailand - right now in this particular period in the country's history - and you attempt to say that with a straight face? Ha, ha. Like I said, I love people like you.

Much sorry, my bad. I should have said 'elected' governments.

As folkguitar stated, smokers are drug addicts, it is dangerous to attempt to get between an addict and their fix. You can see the addicts on here getting angry and agressive in their replies. Have pity on them but stand your ground if they are stinkning up the area.

So much self-righteousness from all sides of the debate. Smoking is bad for you and nobody disagrees on that. Smoking inside public places is also not nice and should be avoided. Smoking outdoors? Neither here nor there. It's when the pompous puffed up non-smoker becomes a tedious bore. They aren't harmed or affected by smoke in an outdoor space particularly compared to the vehicle fumes, pollution, etc. they're breathing from other sources. It's just that they think they are entitled to bully other people everywhere. It's a generational thing - no manners or consideration for others at all. Asia's not like that but it's becoming that way thanks to the imported low quality farang who wants to bring all their rules and regulations from home - spoiling it for everyone; this is supposed to be "somewhere else" not a carbon (but sunnier) copy of your hideously boring life from back home. Get over yourselves.

I smoke. If someone asked politely if I could put out my cigarette - I always would. But I suspect the OP is an officious, obnoxious kind who makes demands - I'd chuck that peson in the swimming pool. Where the chlorine fumes will strip layers off his lungs while he whines about the smoke in the air. Yes, the most dangerous thing in the pool area is, in fact, the pool - read up on it - that's what will ruin your lungs in the long-term not some secondhand smoke.

The answer if the OP is bothered by this persons smoking is to register a complaint with the condo management.

It is the managements responsibility to enforce any "rules" which apply to the building.

This is what we are trying to do & will continue...

This is what we are trying to do & will continue...

That's the royal "we" isn't it? It's what YOU are trying to do in reality.

As folkguitar stated, smokers are drug addicts, it is dangerous to attempt to get between an addict and their fix. You can see the addicts on here getting angry and agressive in their replies. Have pity on them but stand your ground if they are stinkning up the area.

Nice attempt at trying to discredit those who disagree with your opinion.

I enjoy cigars a couple of days a week.....and I don't think smokers should smoke in areas that are clearly designated as non-smoking (though designating outdoor areas as non-smoking is baffling to me.)

Conversely, I can't begin to tell you how many times I've been smoking in a designated smoking area (outside) and the anti-smoking crowd complains because they want to sit in that area but don't want people to smoke near them. (This despite the fact that they could sit inside, in the designated non-smoking area.)

There's got to be a balance between each camp's "rights", if that's even a thing any more. It's been my experience that the virulent anti-smokers are some of the most intolerant people I've ever seen - ban this, ban that - whereas many smokers do understand that their habit can be offensive to others.

It's this intolerance with which I disagree as I understand it's not my "right" to smoke wherever I want.

The scenario that plays out.. confrontation... the end result.. wet pack of smoke..the the Senior Retiree...get his arse kicked in.. Senior Retiree calls the BIB, they start laughing.... they go take the report, laugh.. Smoke avenger has his Thai buddies interpret for him...all is well..based on the Senior Retirees current eye candy, she comes out and tries to sort things out.. the BIB do the OOOO HOOOO..and the rest is history..Nothing is done.. Senior Retiree moves out in disgust.. Smoke Avenger finds a new mojo.. and that's the way the coconut falls in Chieng Mai...clap2.gifthumbsup.gif

Firstly you refer to (OP) getting his arse kicked. You have no idea who I am the fact that I said it was not sensible to get into an altercation over this does not mean that I couldn't. This guy will not win I do not give up that easily. I posted this thread hoping for some constructive & positive information on how to resolve this issue. However this obviously is not going to be the case. It is interesting to read the amount of support on this issue relative to all of the "Crap" wai2.gif

Can we get things in perspective. I also live in Riverside Condo and, from what I remember, the no smoking policy was imposed without reference to the tenants about 18 months ago. Personally I am a non-smoker but what's the problem. I understand, and agree with the policy of not smoking indoors, but outdoors - really get a life! These little "Hitlers" that constantly try to control how others may live are beginning to make me throw up. If you don't like it for Gods sake just move up wind. What next tenants will not be allowed to use sun cream in case the smell may offend. Get a life!!!

Why should you be consulted on Condo policy? Condo committee is voted on to make decisions in the the best interest of "Owners & quality of the Condominium" not what suits a Tenant. Tenants like owners should then obey those rules & if you do not like it move. Anyway you do not use sunscreen.

yeah another old busy body upset over nothing = it's happening outside !!

with all the pollution in this country he takes exception to this minor act

go back to your nanny state

Exactly what I would expect from you!!!! wai2.gif

People addicted to anything become very angry and aggressive at the thought of being denied their fix... Look at what happens 18 times a year here when an alcohol-ban day is called. People stocking up so as not having to do without, even for 24 hours. Look at the outside of restaurants, with people interrupting their meals just to go out and fix, sometimes two and three times between appetizer and dessert. Addiction is painful. Addicts won't acknowledge that fact until they break the addiction, and then the majority will wonder why they didn't realize it sooner.

Smoking is perhaps one of the hardest addictions to break. Even heroin addicts often say they had an easier time getting clean from heroin than from smoking, simply because it's not just the nicotine that is addicting; the smoking habit of hand/mouth behavior creates a long-term problem after the chemical addiction chain is broken. Combined with the social connotations implied by mass-media in the past... the rugged hero... the sultry heroine... the relaxing after-dinner lounging.... that are in our faces 24/7, it make ending this addiction so much harder, despite the limitations that smoking now imposes.

Addiction is a limitation, and people will always defend their limitations, no matter how foolish it may appear to those not so impaired.

Years ago, I was at a brunch in Dubai. I asked for a smoking table and was given one. The moment I lit up - the lady at the table next to me demanded I put my cigarette out as this was a "non-smoking area". I politely pointed out that not only had I asked for a smoking table but they had provided an ashtray so it was clearly a smoking table. She demanded the manager be summonsed. He politely pointed out that I had indeed got a smoking table, and she had a non-smoking one... she apologized for her rudeness and we all moved on.

Fast forward 2 hours and she is chain smoking my cigarettes at her non-smoking table... ex-smokers, they are all as annoying as the OP on this thread.

The scenario that plays out.. confrontation... the end result.. wet pack of smoke..the the Senior Retiree...get his arse kicked in.. Senior Retiree calls the BIB, they start laughing.... they go take the report, laugh.. Smoke avenger has his Thai buddies interpret for him...all is well..based on the Senior Retirees current eye candy, she comes out and tries to sort things out.. the BIB do the OOOO HOOOO..and the rest is history..Nothing is done.. Senior Retiree moves out in disgust.. Smoke Avenger finds a new mojo.. and that's the way the coconut falls in Chieng Mai...clap2.gifthumbsup.gif

Firstly you refer to (OP) getting his arse kicked. You have no idea who I am the fact that I said it was not sensible to get into an altercation over this does not mean that I couldn't. This guy will not win I do not give up that easily. I posted this thread hoping for some constructive & positive information on how to resolve this issue. However this obviously is not going to be the case. It is interesting to read the amount of support on this issue relative to all of the "Crap" wai2.gif

Oh my... let's see do I know who you are...hmmm where have we heard that before.. your name starts with an A ends with an E,,,, get a life... 2016 is starting off with a bang.

As the smoking rule at your condo has no legal backing and at least one resident does not want to comply ... A reasonable suggestion to the management would be to set aside a small "smoking area" in a corner of the pool area. Iv seen the same sort of thing in the better class of hotels and it appears to be a good and working compromise.

Archived