Changing Schools, Possible to extend Non-Imm B

Hello,

I am planning on working at another school after my contract is up. My non-immigrant B visa expires at the end of May, which is after the New school year begins. My question is, is there a way I can not have to leave the country and reapply for a new non-immigrant B visa? If I do have to reapply for a non-immigrant B visa, A background check is required. I am from the United States, and do not plan to go back before the new school year in May. Would my background check be valid from 2015, since I have not even been living in the states?

It is possible to do a transition from one school to another without having to leave the country if you have already found a new school to teach at before your current contract ends.

You extension will end as soon as you are longer working.

They are now asking for a Thai police clearance certificate to get a non-b visa in Vientiane. It can take 3 to 4 weeks to get.

It is possible to do a transition from one school to another without having to leave the country if you have already found a new school to teach at before your current contract ends.

They are now asking for a Thai police clearance certificate to get a non-b visa in Vientiane. It can take 3 to 4 weeks to get.

Would I ask my current job for the transition form?

Would I ask my current job for the transition form?

Typo It should been from not form which I have fixed.

It would require the new school applying for your work permit and getting a approval letter for it. Then a termination letter from your old school dated on or before your extension ends. Then on the date on the termination letter you would cancel your current extension at immigration and apply for the a new one using the approval letter and paperwork from the new school.

• 2 months later...

@Ubonjoe.........do they also now require such certificate when applying for new non imm B visa at Savannakhet??

@Ubonjoe.........do they also now require such certificate when applying for new non imm B visa at Savannakhet??

Yes they do.

Yes they do.

I suppose that is for a single entry non imm B visa as well?

And how does one go about obtaining such certificate?

Yes they do.

I suppose that is for a single entry non imm B visa as well?

And how does one go about obtaining such certificate?

They only do single entry non-b visas.

Info for getting the police clearance certificate is here: http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/

^^

Thanks Ubonjoe.

I would ask: that website mentions an effective date of 1st October 2012, so, why was I not asked for it at Savannakhet 3 months ago?

Also, can I just go to the police station and request for it?

I must say that that website is not really working well.

I assume your are applying as a Teacher. They have been asking for them for some time if you are a teacher.

The mention of that date in 2012 was when they raised the fee to get them.

You can only apply for it at the location in Bangkok mentioned on the website.

Site seems to be working good for me.

@Ubonjoe: thanks for your help. I did indeed post in a topic about schools.

I was browsing for info on extension of Non Imm B and saw your remark, and just

posted my query.

Thanks for responding! thumbsup.gifwai2.gif

@aidenai: apparently it is not a prohibited profession as I've been doing it, with work permit, for 4 years here now. smile.png

• Like 1