Back To Savannakhet

I need to head back to Ssavannakhet soon and it has slipped my mind on the exact documents I need for a tourist visa. I am currently on a double entry so I have one entry left on that visa I think, I am pretty confused as I recently obtained a new passport and so I also have to take both with me? I cannot seem to find the form either that I will need to fill out for the visa, if if I even need a visa as I have another 30 days? Joe please help lol, I think you remember me posting up my passport and you had to take it down due to there being private info on there..

• If you have an entry left of a valid tourist visa you don't need to go to Savannakhet. You just need to cross in to a neighbouring country, turn around and re-enter Thailand which will give you another 60 days.

You need to do that on or before the 'enter before' date printed on your visa.

If you have not used the 2nd entry of your tourist visa you can do a border hop to use the 2nd entry as long as you do it on or before the enter before date on your visa.

If you have not transferred you stamps yet you would show both passport on departure from the country. Then both again on entry to show the visa in your old passport and they will stamp you into the country in your new passport.

You will only need your passport and a copy of the photo page to get a single entry visa. Plus the application form. Savannakhet 2501-01-31.PDF

Apologies for going off topic, but may I ask if it's still possible to get a 1 year multi non O based on marriage at Savannakhet without the financials ? Thanks, I just couldn't find very up to date info.

Yes you can. Nothing has changed.

If you have not used the 2nd entry of your tourist visa you can do a border hop to use the 2nd entry as long as you do it on or before the enter before date on your visa.

If you have not transferred you stamps yet you would show both passport on departure from the country. Then both again on entry to show the visa in your old passport and they will stamp you into the country in your new passport.

You will only need your passport and a copy of the photo page to get a single entry visa. Plus the application form.

Ok thanks a lot; I have just looked at my tourist visa was a multiple entry visa with 2 possible entries issued on the 19th of October. I had until the 19th of December but made an extension which has given me up until the 18th of January. So I assume then I have one more entry left on this visa meaning I do not need to bother with immigration this time around luckily? I can hop over to wherever is closest and hop back, no need to photocopy any passport pages or anything of that nature forms etc?

You will only need your passport and a copy of the photo page to get a single entry visa. Plus the application form.

Ok thanks a lot; I have just looked at my tourist visa was a multiple entry visa with 2 possible entries issued on the 19th of October. I had until the 19th of December but made an extension which has given me up until the 18th of January. So I assume then I have one more entry left on this visa meaning I do not need to bother with immigration this time around luckily? I can hop over to wherever is closest and hop back, no need to photocopy any passport pages or anything of that nature forms etc?

Check the enter before date on you visa and make sure you do the border hop on or before that date.

No need for anything other than your passport to use the 2nd entry.

If you are still in Hua Hin the nearest crossing is in Kanchantaburi at Ban Phu Nam Ron.

Check the enter before date on you visa and make sure you do the border hop on or before that date.

No need for anything other than your passport to use the 2nd entry.

If you are still in Hua Hin the nearest crossing is in Kanchantaburi at Ban Phu Nam Ron.

I went to Kanchantaburi before I had this tourist visa and they insisted that I needed a visa to enter Myanmar! This was back in October.. So I probably won't be trusting that entry point because the Laos borders seem to be a lot more easy going.

You apparently did not have a valid visa for Thailand then. They will not let you cross to get a visa exempt entry.

There have been recent reports of people doing the crossing. But you do need a valid Thai visa to re-enter e country or they will not let you cross.

OP you will have no problem using that crossing if you have a valid Tourist Visa, I went myself in October and had no issues, it's only if you don't have a visa they will not let you cross

Ok thanks, that road and entire place seems so desolate, is there much on the other side? I love Laos though and I am familiar with it so I probably will end up just going there anyway, thanks for the help everyone