Yingluck receives warm welcome in Khon Kaen

webfact

well loved in most of Thailand actually

You of course are joking! Most of Thailand! 555
I personally don't know how popular she remains but I'm pretty sure she's way more popular than the "PM", despite the breathtakingly inane claims of a 99.3% approval rating by the geniuses currently in power.

So wouldn't it be nice to have an election so this could be settled once and for all??

Oh, wait.......

Being that an election would have any poor voters bought and paid for it would be pointless to have right now.

tired old nonsense, please get informed.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wonder why the hot supporters of The Big Leader are noticeably absent from this thread??

Could well be that most are sick to death of your propaganda --and hate of the PM. and that anything that is posted if it doesn't suit is pounced upon by the magnificent 7. ha ha.

Dream on about what you want eventually with a better foundation elections will happen and we will see what outcome.

I don't give a FIG who wins as long as they rule by the OATH and the LAW.

Being that an election would have any poor voters bought and paid for it would be pointless to have right now.

you know it's untrue so why say it? unless you believe that elections have been bought in the past? and that's a lie too. Maybe you think the yellows never used inducements? or maybe you really believe that someone was overlooking the people who voted? untrue so why say it?

Who is really in denial

From an impartial observer of 2011 election

http://asiafoundation.org/in-asia/2011/07/13/dark-reality-to-vote-buying-in-thailand/

In the days following the election, however, Thailand’s Election Commission has been deluged with over 1,920 complaints of vote buying and other electoral irregularities. Judging from the variety of vote-buying methods I came across in Chonburi, the large number of cases nationwide is not surprising.

In its most elemental form, vote buying taps into local lines of patronage. Kamnan Poh and his family have been prominent in the province for over three decades and many people are loyal to them. “If they win, it will mean having people from our home in parliament and we know they won’t forget to look after us,” one local told me. He also expected his voter loyalty to be repaid in kind: “If they win big in our area, I’m sure there will be a big party to celebrate and definitely some cash handed out, too. …”

Votes can also be bought with hard cash, paid in advance. The current rate in Chonburi starts at 300 baht (around $10) and goes up to as much as 3,000 baht ($100). In Thailand, this practice is as old as the electoral process itself and reaches a crescendo the night before an election or, as Thais call it, kheun maa hawn (the night of the howling dogs).

Asian Network for Free Elections (ANFREL) is one the largest election observing agency. Here are selected quotes from their report after the 2011 PTP victory;

The Asian Network for Free Elections (ANFREL) wishes to congratulate the people of Thailand for turning out in large numbers to exercise their democratic right in a peaceful and orderly manner.

After years of political turmoil and violence that have divided the country, Thailand’s citizens have voted and, no matter their political views, been able to express their political opinion in a peaceful and orderly way based on the rule of law.

Partisan political statements by certain prominent military gave cause for concern.

The idea of bundles of money being handed out during the night of ‘barking dogs’, the night before the election, prevails very strong in public opinion, though not all who talk about it also believe in it. ANFREL recorded the strongest reference to this practice in the deep southern provinces of Yala, Pattani, and Narathiwat...

“Fortunately, the fear that candidates would be unable to travel and campaign freely proved to be largely overblown.”

“The election period, in particular Election Day on July 3rd, was managed well and without any major incident which would call into question the election’s results..."

...that has produced election results that generally seem to reflect the will of the people

there were some flaws in the election, including cases of violence, intimidation and vote-buying that it urged authorities to handle appropriately. But it said there were no major incidents that would call into question the results.

http://anfrel.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/ThaiEOMReport_Edit_4-final_edit.pdf

his source was one (... one... ) of the ANFREL observers in Chonburi. The thing to be aware of here is that he is cherry-picking anecdotal evidence rather than looking at the organization's analysis. There is no conflict between the anecdotal evidence and the ANFREL report. As you point out, ANFREL acknowledges that vote-buying activities existed in the 2011 election. Gunna uses the anecdotal evidence from an ANFREL observer to support a conclusion which is not coherent with the actual analysis of ANFREL.

That is know as lying to support an untenable position. Nothing more, nothing less.

well loved in most of Thailand actually

You of course are joking! Most of Thailand! 555
I personally don't know how popular she remains but I'm pretty sure she's way more popular than the "PM", despite the breathtakingly inane claims of a 99.3% approval rating by the geniuses currently in power.

So wouldn't it be nice to have an election so this could be settled once and for all??

Oh, wait.......

Another one stuck in the grove of the "vote buying" mantra, who simply cannot accept that it has been proven, by study after study, that "buying votes" has absolutely NO bearing on the outcome of the election. Are you aware of the fact that Democrat spokesman Korn admitted, in a LIVE INTERVIEW that in the last election, the Democrats actually spent MORE money than PTP for "vote buying"? And they still got their asses handed to them. People take the money, then vote for who they want. Period. My wife is a classic example. Took money from 3 different Dems, said she would vote for them, then voted a straight PTP ticket. So much for you vote buying. Why don't you try an argument that actually has some validity to it instead of trotting out the same old worn out, and totally baseless, song of "vote buying".

Quote "Many people waited for her at the market " She received a warm welcome at K . Khen ???

If, as the minority on TVF speaks. the place would have been gridlocked-----police out to control the masses-----

Is this the big rise again of PTP ??? ha ha ha, I would think the topic will be missing posts from her admirers.

Edited by brucec64

you know it's untrue so why say it? unless you believe that elections have been bought in the past? and that's a lie too. Maybe you think the yellows never used inducements? or maybe you really believe that someone was overlooking the people who voted? untrue so why say it?

Who is really in denial

From an impartial observer of 2011 election

http://asiafoundation.org/in-asia/2011/07/13/dark-reality-to-vote-buying-in-thailand/

In the days following the election, however, Thailand’s Election Commission has been deluged with over 1,920 complaints of vote buying and other electoral irregularities. Judging from the variety of vote-buying methods I came across in Chonburi, the large number of cases nationwide is not surprising.

In its most elemental form, vote buying taps into local lines of patronage. Kamnan Poh and his family have been prominent in the province for over three decades and many people are loyal to them. “If they win, it will mean having people from our home in parliament and we know they won’t forget to look after us,” one local told me. He also expected his voter loyalty to be repaid in kind: “If they win big in our area, I’m sure there will be a big party to celebrate and definitely some cash handed out, too. …”

Votes can also be bought with hard cash, paid in advance. The current rate in Chonburi starts at 300 baht (around $10) and goes up to as much as 3,000 baht ($100). In Thailand, this practice is as old as the electoral process itself and reaches a crescendo the night before an election or, as Thais call it, kheun maa hawn (the night of the howling dogs).

Asian Network for Free Elections (ANFREL) is one the largest election observing agency. Here are selected quotes from their report after the 2011 PTP victory;

The Asian Network for Free Elections (ANFREL) wishes to congratulate the people of Thailand for turning out in large numbers to exercise their democratic right in a peaceful and orderly manner.

After years of political turmoil and violence that have divided the country, Thailand’s citizens have voted and, no matter their political views, been able to express their political opinion in a peaceful and orderly way based on the rule of law.

Partisan political statements by certain prominent military gave cause for concern.

The idea of bundles of money being handed out during the night of ‘barking dogs’, the night before the election, prevails very strong in public opinion, though not all who talk about it also believe in it. ANFREL recorded the strongest reference to this practice in the deep southern provinces of Yala, Pattani, and Narathiwat...

“Fortunately, the fear that candidates would be unable to travel and campaign freely proved to be largely overblown.”

“The election period, in particular Election Day on July 3rd, was managed well and without any major incident which would call into question the election’s results..."

...that has produced election results that generally seem to reflect the will of the people

there were some flaws in the election, including cases of violence, intimidation and vote-buying that it urged authorities to handle appropriately. But it said there were no major incidents that would call into question the results.

http://anfrel.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/ThaiEOMReport_Edit_4-final_edit.pdf

ANFREL recorded the strongest reference to this practice in the deep southern provinces of Yala, Pattani, and Narathiwat...

So most vote buying is taking place in the Democrats heartland !! Interesting....................coffee1.gif

Wonder why the hot supporters of The Big Leader are noticeably absent from this thread??

Could well be that most are sick to death of your propaganda --and hate of the PM. and that anything that is posted if it doesn't suit is pounced upon by the magnificent 7. ha ha.

Dream on about what you want eventually with a better foundation elections will happen and we will see what outcome.

A British (?) OAP sitting in the sticks, fighting for the survival of the multi-billionaire Thai Elite, who wouldn't piss on you, if you was on fire!!

Indeed a strange world........................coffee1.gif

This is her Facebook page. Her posts are 'liked' between 100.000 and 300.000 with between 1.000 and 3.000 comments , nearly all favourable. Many comments call her still 'nayok', prime minister. Many ask her to go on fighting: 'soe,soe'.

https://www.facebook.com/Y.Shinawatra/?fref=ts

Don't tell gingag & Co, because according to them, she only has 5-6 followers...............................coffee1.gif

A British (?) OAP sitting in the sticks, fighting for the survival of the multi-billionaire Thai Elite, who wouldn't piss on you, if you was on fire!!

Indeed a strange world........................coffee1.gif

it is INDEED bizarre! and much more I would be banned for saying

If as some claim vote buying has no bearing on the outcome of elections in thailand, why would any party bother buying votes? Would be quite simple to ban any party found to be involved in vote buying or offering obvious unworkable policies,

Or are they afraid most of the electorate would not bother voting if this were the case?

This is her Facebook page. Her posts are 'liked' between 100.000 and 300.000 with between 1.000 and 3.000 comments , nearly all favourable. Many comments call her still 'nayok', prime minister. Many ask her to go on fighting: 'soe,soe'.

maybe all those "likes" are the real reason for the container prison project... whistling.gif

post-9891-0-66300500-1451909338_thumb.jp

It is a fact that Yingluck is an attractive and probably very personable and like able woman and she is very popular among certain segments of Thai society.

It is a pity so much acrimony is aimed at her, but she is mostly responsible for her situation.

But the fact remains she is Thaksin's sister and carries his burden as well as her own.

At least she has stayed among her people unlike her craven brother.

Can anyone confirm the man to her left is her 'husband' Anusorn Amornchat?

Edited by ratcatcher

Found this on YouTube of Yingluck at Khon Kaen market today.

where are you gingag?

Mate, why bother? They will just come back and say the crowd was hired, just like the international media, the UN, US, etc. It's all they can say.

you are being shy:

Yingluck 4.6m likes

Abhisit 2.3m likes

The Honourable Prime Minister has his 'likes' hidden'

This must all be a Thaksin plot! or were the 4.6 MILLION all paid? is Gingag right? but, but, but

attachicon.gifyskk.jpg

It is a fact that Yingluck is an attractive and probably very personable and like able woman and she is very popular among certain segments of Thai society.

It is a pity so much acrimony is aimed at her, but she is mostly responsible for her situation.

But the fact remains she is Thaksin's sister and carries his burden as well as her own.

ratcatcher she is LOVED by most of Thailand and she is not responsible for the sins of her brother. She did what she thought was right, and it was a disaster, but what follows is censored and nothing to do with rice

I really hope peace and reconciliation can come to Thailand but hounding like this will never work as they will turn her into a Martyr

Now there's some footage that won't be appearing on the Friday Night TV show!

You know, whether or not she is a devout Buddhist I get the distinct impression that this lady knows exactly what she is doing, and why she is doing it. She is, I suspect, notwithstanding any court decisions, a very long way from being finished as a political leader.

The atmosphere around the junta's supper tables must be glacial tonight!

You know, whether or not she is a devout Buddhist I get the distinct impression that this lady knows exactly what she is doing, and why she is doing it. She is, I suspect, notwithstanding any court decisions, a very long way from being finished as a political leader.

no, but do you want to wager that it"s being analyzed at the Nakhon Chaisri temporary remand facility inside the 11th Army Circle military base in Bangkok? wink.png

Edited by tbthailand

attachicon.gifyskk.jpg

Best Beloved, an authority on all matters Yingluck ( I can almost feel the scorn from some of the usual suspects " Issarn wife..." as I type) tells me that it is he.

no, but do you want to wager that it"s being analyzed at the Nakhon Chaisri temporary remand facility inside the 11th Army Circle military base in Bangkok? wink.png

Oh yes, without a doubt!

Ginjag; "It was LOW KEY because she does not have the following you dream of---Third biggest city in Thailand and a few were outside a market---OMG please---low key ha ha ha"

I love it when the yellow cheerleading squad make fools of themselves!

Perhaps it was low-key because the district she visited is not in the centre of Khon Kaen, and although I live here neither my wife nor I knew about the visit.

oh deary me if that was low key what would happen if she announced her visit and went to the center of just about ANY city? no wonder that cannot be allowed to happen

attachicon.gifyskk.jpg

She is popular with "sufficient segments" of Thai society to ensure that not only is she the most admired politician but also the one that would win any fairly conducted general election.

That is why the Junta and its backers are determined to destroy her using whatever weapons are at hand including the court system.She terrifies them.

Perhaps it was low-key because the district she visited is not in the centre of Khon Kaen, and although I live here neither my wife nor I knew about the visit.

Much like when she visited Lom Sak Phetchabun a few months back it was RSVP.

Ginjag; "It was LOW KEY because she does not have the following you dream of---Third biggest city in Thailand and a few were outside a market---OMG please---low key ha ha ha"

I love it when the yellow cheerleading squad make fools of themselves!

You lot of anti PM guys are acting like kids, up to you who you support---BUT I do wish she gets cleared and is crazily elected back and serves another term to prove how corrupt the shins are, roll on when you can cheer for her every day. I can sit back and smile---and remember all that you have said.