tourist visa

hi

im a UK national and passport holder, Im 36.

I am looking at my options and wanted if possible some feedback on what you guys think is the best option

If i fly into Kuala Lumpa and return on a 2 month tourist visa in order to stay, would i then need to travel somewhere else in the future or will it cause an issue if i do return trips to the same place, i could use Singapore and Penang?

I currently have a triple visa from the UK, the problem i have is that the UK now wants a letter from employer or self assessments or company incorporation documents and im currently not working.

I have a self assesment for UK tax as i own a house in the UK which is rented out and provides my income to stay here and i was wanting to stay on Thailand for another year.

Im aware that i could have an education visa but i dont really want to study several days a week. I dont want to sign up for a course and then not attend and be at the risk of being caught by immigration.

My question is this, is it possible or feasible to use the same route, e.g.. phuket to KL or will i have to alternate my routes.

Im aware an education visa is an option but i dont really want to study several days a week and i wouldn't want to sign up for a non legit place just to get a visa and worry about immigration.

my best option is a single visa leaving every three months after the extension and hoping my country changes its rules but its to early to say.

• There is no limit to the total number of back to back tourist visa you can have. but individual embassies/consulates have their own individual limits.

You should avoid Singapore and KL if possible.

Penang, Vientiane, Savannakhet are the best places to go.

If you're looking for another year you should be able to get 4 single entry tourist visas (SETV).

After having two or three from the same place you'll probably be denied more or asked to prove finances.

Edited by elviajero

Don't go to KL, I was flatly refused a tourist visa there last year, Canadian passport and full of Thai visas and stamps. There excuse was bank statement showing at least $500 lol. So I printed a screen cap and went back next day, and then they said 'No, no, bank letter, stamp, manager signature', knowing full well there is no way for me to get it in any kind of reasonable time. This has never happened to me in any other near by embassy.

While you wait in cue for 2 hrs, observe that half the people trying to apply were refused, everybody who looked age 40-50, also every Russian, a couple and families with children.

Go to Penang!