EMS shipping prices up from the 1st.

JesseLeeOver

Interesting chat with local Post Office.....

What are the sizes of the boxes used for the "one box" service ?

A: We dont do that, no hab, you must go BIG office.

Yes, but you are the Thai Post Office too, do you have any information on the one box service offered ?

A: No, must go BIG shop, we not do nothing, not know nothing about that.

Oh the joys of living in Thailand.biggrin.png

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just sent package in November to the US by Thailand Post, just over half a kilogram in weight, and it cost 280 baht. The catch is that it hasn't arrived yet, over two months later, and we've only recently started a review process to see if there's any chance of it turning back up.

The mail was registered but we've yet to see if that relates to making it any easier to track or find a lost package in the US since the Thai tracking system only says that it left the country, within a week of that shipping.

I just sent package in November to the US by Thailand Post, just over half a kilogram in weight, and it cost 280 baht. The catch is that it hasn't arrived yet, over two months later, and we've only recently started a review process to see if there's any chance of it turning back up.

The mail was registered but we've yet to see if that relates to making it any easier to track or find a lost package in the US since the Thai tracking system only says that it left the country, within a week of that shipping.

We have the same problem on 2 packages sent 3 weeks ago ,

sent SAL , tracking stops at Bangkok and nothing from the USA side ,

Another package was returned to the Thai post office before it ever left Thailand

it was returned to the local Post Office who just let it sit and did not try and tell us it was returned ,

we only found out after we started checking why it had not arrived in the USA after 1 month,

I pity Thai companies that send out 100s of international packages a week , with no idea if it ever left Thailand and poor tracking.

We have the same problem on 2 packages sent 3 weeks ago ,

sent SAL , tracking stops at Bangkok and nothing from the USA side ,

Another package was returned to the Thai post office before it ever left Thailand

it was returned to the local Post Office who just let it sit and did not try and tell us it was returned ,

we only found out after we started checking why it had not arrived in the USA after 1 month,

I pity Thai companies that send out 100s of international packages a week , with no idea if it ever left Thailand and poor tracking.

I talked to the post office regarding these alternatives today. SAL should take one month, while surface mail should take two. Registered Airmail takes two weeks. From my experience, tracking with registered airmail does not stop once the package has left Thailand.

Have you tried entering the tracking number into USPS.com? always works for me when sending to the U.S.

Just a suggestion incase you haven't tried it yet :)

Thanks for the input!

I thought I had tried it, and the first time I re-tried it that didn't work, but then I noticed a typo. The second time I entered it correctly it did work, so all the extra review may have just related to a typo.

post-109645-0-40906700-1454490437_thumb.

post-109645-0-87526900-1454490453_thumb.

post-109645-0-66092700-1454490470_thumb.

post-109645-0-77989100-1454490490_thumb.

Here are the complete sizes and max weights for each size of the "EMS World Box"

NOTE: you cannot buy the boxes !! They are FREE , BUT........THEY MUST BE PACKED AT THE POST OFFICE.

You cannot take the box home, pack it and bring it back.

Charlie you are a champ mate, they are bloody small though, cant fit bugger all in them.

And VERY flimsy cardboard, nowhere near the thickness of the other boxes you can buy.

It just seems to me they are deliberately trying to stop or dissuade people from using that service.

Just back from Pattaya POst Office- Envelope with my tax return sent to USA- 1400 Baht for EMS. Last year was 600 Baht. I asked why such a large increase. Answer: Don't know. The did state lowest EMS price is now 1400 Baht. They actually tried to talk me into regular air mail but with taxes needed fast service with tracking so I bit the bullet. This is a huge increase. I doubt I will be using EMS much if ever.

Just back from Pattaya POst Office- Envelope with my tax return sent to USA- 1400 Baht for EMS. Last year was 600 Baht. I asked why such a large increase. Answer: Don't know. The did state lowest EMS price is now 1400 Baht. They actually tried to talk me into regular air mail but with taxes needed fast service with tracking so I bit the bullet. This is a huge increase. I doubt I will be using EMS much if ever.

Slightly off topic but I shall carry on using a Tax agent in the UK next FY if that's the cost of secure postage. Was thinking of doing it myself in future.

Probably cheaper to use FedEx, with much better service. They have an office in Pattaya.

• 2 months later...

Those prices are crazy. I used to send a letter via EMS at 600 Baht, now 1400 Baht. Check rates below.

http://www.thailandpost.co.th/rate-result.php

I got caught unawares by this huge EMS price increase today when I went to mail my U.S. tax return.

As you stated, standard EMS small document envelope rate for years has been 600b. Now suddenly 1400b!!!

Is anyone explaining WHY or how they can possibly justify such an increase???

Had the same issue with my U.S. tax return today. Shocked by the EMS small document envelope price increase.

Canceled the EMS mailing I had started assuming it would be 600 baht, only to be told the new price was 1400 baht, and instead went Registered Airmail, estimated two week delivery time, tracking. Under 300 baht by measured weight, including a return mail confirmation postcard.

• 2 months later...

Had the same issue with my U.S. tax return today. Shocked by the EMS small document envelope price increase.

Canceled the EMS mailing I had started assuming it would be 600 baht, only to be told the new price was 1400 baht, and instead went Registered Airmail, estimated two week delivery time, tracking. Under 300 baht by measured weight, including a return mail confirmation postcard.

I guess I should add by way of follow-up:

My tax return sent by Thai registered airmail arrived fine in the U.S., about two weeks after I sent it from here, and I was able to track its arrival using the USPS tracking system and the ID code the Thai Post Office gave me at mailing. Along the way, I also got back the "mail delivered" return card I had filled out and requested at mailing. Total price for that particular envelope was 167 baht.

Just went back and checked my mailing receipt from that day (I had sent two packages that day, the tax one and a different one).

The tax envelope weighed .072 Kg, and my mail pricing was 82 baht postage for Airmail, 65 baht for Registered tracking, and 20 baht for the return mail received card.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Yes, but you are the Thai Post Office too, do you have any information on the one box service offered ?

I saw those boxes hanging at the wall in a postofficeshop in a mall and asked her how much to ship it to the UK.

You like big box? No that box on the wall is the perfect size, how much to send to the UK? No hab UK sir, cannot do.

Then i gave up and went my way.

How can one work at an international postoffice and not speak english? Thailand only thumbsup.gif

How can one work at an international postoffice and not speak english? Thailand only thumbsup.gif

I cannot help but wonder how many languages the workers at English speaking International post offices speak? ;)

I dont know why people use EMS, registered air does the same thing for a lot less

I have wondered the same

Since for instance you can send Int’l Parcel-Air 5KG to the USA for 2950 baht

I have also used the lowest cost Int’l Parcel-Surface at times for bulk that was not time sensitive

Takes 2 months but has tracking & is picked up on usps.com as soon as it hits US customs with further movements till delivery shown

Then in between you have Int’l Parcel-SAL 1 month to deliver & priced mid way between surface & Air

I saw those boxes hanging at the wall in a postofficeshop in a mall and asked her how much to ship it to the UK.

You like big box? No that box on the wall is the perfect size, how much to send to the UK? No hab UK sir, cannot do.

Then i gave up and went my way.

Where is the international Post office I have only ever seen regular Thailand post branches.

• 9 months later...

Just as a data pont :

one KG package sent BKK to California on April 5th arrived today May 2nd ,

This was EMS shipping ,  which went the long way around as US customs was in New York and not West Coast as before ,

So yes it was quicker than surface mail , but still a LONG time for an Ebay customer to wait

OHHH and we shipped from the BKK Airport Post Office thinking that would be quicker !

On 30/04/2017 at 3:30 PM, abab said:

Hello, anybody knows what is the cheapest delivery service within Thailand ?

It seems that Kerry Express want to kill them all ? Are they really cheaper ?

Thanks.

They are cheaper but getting it to kerry if you dont live in BKK can prove akward our nearest point is over an hours drive away quicker to go to thai post 10 mins away. We only ship within Thailamd and never EMS always srrives with 2 to 3 days and not expensive at all.