EMS shipping prices up from the 1st.

JesseLeeOver

One price box EMS to USA was THB 1400 before. Now it's THB 4800 (5kg). Up more than 300% overnight !

How will this help the struggling exports ?

Incorrect. The price is correct but the weight has been increased to 10kgs and the box is 20% bigger.

There are now 3 One World Boxes.

But still a huge increase on all sizes compared to the old 1400bht box!

post-65233-14520694786095_thumb.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solly for my ignorance but is EMS not the same as registered? I always thought it was the same.

So is there a big price/speed difference between those 2?

EMS to Europe (Spain) takes more then 14 days which is ridiculous but it's the fault of Spain.

AusPost has also gone way up from 1 January. Ordinary letter from 70 cents to a dollar. AusPost said they had to increase their prices because not so many letters were being sent now compared to previous years. Sounds like something a Thai would do, less customers increase price.

Edited by lujanit

Solly for my ignorance but is EMS not the same as registered? I always thought it was the same.

EMS to Europe (Spain) takes more then 14 days which is ridiculous but it's the fault of Spain.

EMS = Express Mail Service

Registered mail may take 14 days, depending on the postl service in the country of recipient.

Incorrect. The price is correct but the weight has been increased to 10kgs and the box is 20% bigger.

Have you see the new box sizes? They're tiny, the biggest box is about the size of the D box that you could one-box @ 1400 previously. The smallest box with the new system is about a size B, pretty useless.

Everybody else is doing us the dirty I guess the Post Office figured it was their turn to tear us a new one. Hard to believe that deflation exists here. Again as I have stated so many many times we are being hit with rubber numbers left right and sideways to keep down government debt. Every where you look prices are rising or packaging is getting smaller. Its a mugs game and we are it.

EMS = Express Mail Service

Registered mail may take 14 days, depending on the postl service in the country of recipient.

Allright but is there much pricedifference between registered and not registered?

Yesterday i sent to big envelopes to Europe, normal mail and it was 550 baht. It were tshirts and a thai dress for the cousins, not heavy but i didn't choose registered because i thought that would be EMS and 800 baht a piece. That's more then the tshirts costed.

If sending to Europe costs 2000 baht i will send them the money by paypal to buy a present in Europe. This is not good for the Thai shops.

These EMS price hikes are unbelievable. How do they think they can get away with it? The option my business was using was their small package sevice at 800bht, which is now 1800bht. I have to completely rethink my shipping strategy and price structure.

Does anyone have another option for the express (4 to 5 days is ok) shipping of small goods to Europe and the US ?

Fedex is actually now cheaper if your item's value is under 100 usd and low weight - around 1200 bht i think. I am going to investigate other options tomorrow.

It would be good if the community here could share any tips on the best shipping method in light of this EMS stink bomb.

One price box EMS to USA was THB 1400 before. Now it's THB 4800 (5kg). Up more than 300% overnight !

How will this help the struggling exports ?

Thai post ahs nothing to do with struggling exports, since exports are sent through sea and air cargo.

How much is a 5kg box EMS from USA to Thailand?

I guess the coorection was long overdue if you look at how much you pay for the same package in the other direction. Keep in mind that both directions use exact the same services between the borders..

4800 baht for 5kg!? That would make it the most expensive EMS country. (Please proof me wrong by checking all other countries' rates). I only checked US to Thailand which is around 2400 baht for flat rate up to 20lbs, and from Netherlands to Thailand which cost around THB 1400 for 2-5kg parcel.

EMS is express

2-5kg package international express mail from Netherlands to Thailand is 89.85 Euro.

http://www.postnl.nl/tarieven/tarieven-spoedservice/pakketten/?country=th

Up to 5kg express mail by USPS to Thailand is 90.95$

http://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices.aspx?country=10424&m=13&dpb=0&mdt=2016/01/05%2008:00&mt=24&dok=XX&dvi=100

So, does this make sending a package from Thailand to USA by UPS or DHL cheaper than by Thai post?? Does anyone know?

Have you see the new box sizes? They're tiny, the biggest box is about the size of the D box that you could one-box @ 1400 previously. The smallest box with the new system is about a size B, pretty useless.

The small one for 2800bht is absolutely ridiculous price!

As for the huge increases on the others.....won't be using EMS anymore, back to "standard parcels" by Thai Post!

it seems that most of the other rates are close to what they were before ,

I will have to eat the one package that I need to mail EMS and hope the other rates do not jump up too

We normally ship international small packet.

Does anyone know how ChinaPost ships so cheap ? I ordered a bunch of cheap $1-$2 stuff on Ebay yesterday from China/Hong Kong with free shipping to the USA :)May

be I need to drop ship from China , has anyone done that ?

Lightweight stuff goes out free shipping from China via China PO: single items anyway. Presumably sent as a sample.

(Their factories are heavily subsidised too. Wouldn't surprise me if Paypal are charging lower rate too for services.)

it seems that most of the other rates are close to what they were before ,

I will have to eat the one package that I need to mail EMS and hope the other rates do not jump up too

We normally ship international small packet.

Does anyone know how ChinaPost ships so cheap ? I ordered a bunch of cheap $1-$2 stuff on Ebay yesterday from China/Hong Kong with free shipping to the USA :)May

be I need to drop ship from China , has anyone done that ?

Lightweight stuff goes out free shipping from China via China PO: single items anyway. Presumably sent as a sample.

(Their factories are heavily subsidised too. Wouldn't surprise me if Paypal are charging lower rate too for services.)

I went on a cheap junk buying spree and bought 15 cheap items $1-$3 with free shipping ,

it will be interesting to see how long shipping takes as most said they were in Hong Kong , but probably shipped from China ,

I guess they make small money on 1000s of items a day , but this seller had 16,000 items listed !

If anyone is struggling with the new EMS prices, it is worth looking into Fedex prices. Depending on the weight of the item and value you need to mark on the package, it can be cheaper than EMS. Also, look into setting up a Fedex personal or company account. They will give you volume discounts.

If anyone is struggling with the new EMS prices, it is worth looking into Fedex prices. Depending on the weight of the item and value you need to mark on the package, it can be cheaper than EMS. Also, look into setting up a Fedex personal or company account. They will give you volume discounts.

The problem fhere is they are not accessible Nationwide, like EMS is at every Post Office.

These EMS price hikes are unbelievable. How do they think they can get away with it? The option my business was using was their small package sevice at 800bht, which is now 1800bht. I have to completely rethink my shipping strategy and price structure.

Does anyone have another option for the express (4 to 5 days is ok) shipping of small goods to Europe and the US ?

Fedex is actually now cheaper if your item's value is under 100 usd and low weight - around 1200 bht i think. I am going to investigate other options tomorrow.

It would be good if the community here could share any tips on the best shipping method in light of this EMS stink bomb.

For businesses I think EMS for Thailand outbound has been out of the game for a long time. Compared to the normal postal system EMS is reliable, fast and has reasonable tracking. But compared to the big name couriers EMS is unreliable, slow with poor tracking. And when something goes wrong they are worlds apart. You cal call DHL 24 hours a day and someone will answer promptly and take your issue seriously. With EMS you're going to be contacting Thaipost....... if you can get through to anyone.

On top of that, the couriers pick up, normally the same day. (I can only speak for Greater Bangkok here, not sure about the provinces) and bill monthly. EMS requires sending someone to a post office, queuing then paying cash.

I have a copy of our TNT corporate rates. It wouldn't be fair to post them all here but I will give a couple of examples.

Up to 0.5kg (documents) USA - THB584, Europe/UK - THB635

Up tp 0.5kg (non-document) USA - THB992, Europe/UK - THB1170

5kg (non-document) USA - THB2279, Europe/UK - THB3052

For businesses I think EMS for Thailand outbound has been out of the game for a long time. Compared to the normal postal system EMS is reliable, fast and has reasonable tracking. But compared to the big name couriers EMS is unreliable, slow with poor tracking. And when something goes wrong they are worlds apart. You cal call DHL 24 hours a day and someone will answer promptly and take your issue seriously. With EMS you're going to be contacting Thaipost....... if you can get through to anyone.

On top of that, the couriers pick up, normally the same day. (I can only speak for Greater Bangkok here, not sure about the provinces) and bill monthly. EMS requires sending someone to a post office, queuing then paying cash.

I have a copy of our TNT corporate rates. It wouldn't be fair to post them all here but I will give a couple of examples.

* Never had a problem with anyone answering the phone immediately for EMS,and response has always been very helpful in my 10 years experience.

* There is little queuing as their is a "business" desk at larger Post Offices.

Pick-up ? fine if you are in the operating area but its NOT Nationwide as EMS is.

The point being, you can hardly compare as the "other" services available are restricted to certain areas and not Nationwide as EMS is.

Nice if you have an alternative but many parts of the Country do not.

* Never had a problem with anyone answering the phone immediately for EMS,and response has always been very helpful in my 10 years experience.

* There is little queuing as their is a "business" desk at larger Post Offices.

Pick-up ? fine if you are in the operating area but its NOT Nationwide as EMS is.

The point being, you can hardly compare as the "other" services available are restricted to certain areas and not Nationwide as EMS is.

Nice if you have an alternative but many parts of the Country do not.

DHL Service centres outside Bangkok below. For other areas Nationwide pickup via local partners operators.
Lamphun

219 Moo 4, Northern Region Industrial Estate,

Banklang, Muang, Lamphun 51000

Tel: 052-005836

Working Hours: Mon-Sat 09.00 am.-06.00 pm.

Cut-off Time: 10.30 am.

-
Udonthani
Udonthani

540/43 Sai-Utit Rd., Markkang,

Muang, Udonthani, 41000

Tel : 042-242-595

Fax : 042-242-595

Mobile : 087-033-7755

-
Ubon Ratchathani
Ubon Ratchathani

399 Uparach Rd., T.Naimuang,

Muang, Ubon Ratchathani, 34000

Tel : 045-950-558

Fax : 045-950-558

Mobile : 098-289-1274

-
Ubon Ratchathani
Ubon Ratchathani

399 Uparach Rd., T.Naimuang,

Muang, Ubon Ratchathani, 34000

Tel : 045-950-558

Fax : 045-950-558

Mobile : 098-289-1274

-
Khon Kaen
Khon Kaen

62/1 Klangmuang Rd., T.Naimuang,

Muang, KhonKaen 40000

Tel : 043-239-282

Fax : 043-239-282

Mobile : 092-281-7591

Working Hours: Mon-Sat 09.00 am-06.00 pm.

-
Krabi
Krabi

376/13, Ao Nang,

Muang, Krabi, 81000

Tel: 075-637-161

Mobile: 098-830-0993, 098-830-0994

+
Kerry Express: Thanamnon
Kerry Express: Thanamnon

82/1 Moo 6 Thaladkwan,

Muang, Nonthaburi 11000

Tel: 081-265-5414

+
Kerry Express: Rongmuang
Kerry Express: Rongmuang

1/9 Soi Rongmuang 5, Rongmuang Road,

Rongmuang, Pathumwan,

Tel: 092-2645757

Up-country
-
Pattaya - Central
(Thip Plaza, Pattaya Sai 2) 219/1 Moo 10,

Nongprue, Banglamoong, Chonburi 20150

Tel: 038-416-814-6, 038-711-275

Working Hours: Mon-Sun 09.30 am.-07.00 pm.

Cut-off Time: 4.00 pm.

-
Chiangmai Tae Pae Gate
2-6 Ratchadamnuen Rd., Montri Hotel,

Sriphoom, Aumphur Muang,

Chiangmai 50000

Tel: 053-326-553

Working Hours: Mon-Sat 09:00-18:00

-
Chiangmai (ServiceCenter)
Opposite to Central Plaza Airport,

201 Mahidol Rd, Tumbon Haiya,

Amphur Muang, Chiangmai 50100

โทร: 052-005800

Cut-off Time: 6:00 pm

-
Suvarnabhumi
(BangnaTrat Km.16)

2/31-34 Moo 1, Bang Na-Trat Rd., Bangchalong,

Bangphli, Samutprakarn 10540

Tel. 0-2725-5400

-
Phuket (Service Center) Thepkasattri Rd.
18/7 Moo 1 Thepkasattri Rd., T.Kohkhew

A.Muang, Phuket 83200

Tel: 076-258-500

Working Hours: Mon-Sat 09.30 am.-06.30 pm.

Cut-off Time: 5.00 pm.

-
Phuket - Royal Paradise hotel
135/1 Rat-U-Thit 200 years Rd.,

Kathoo, Amphur Muang,

Phuket 83150 (Patong Beach)

Tel: 076-345-455

Working Hours: Mon-Sat 09.30 am.-06.30 pm.

-
Laemchabang - Cholburi
789/51 Pinthong Industrial Estate, Moo 1,

Nong Koh-Lam Chabang Road, Nong Kham,

Sriracha, Chonburi 20280

Tel: 033-045-900

Cut-off Time: 5.30 pm.

-
Nakorn Ratchasrima (Service Center)
229/2-6 Moo 2, Mittraparb Road, Tambol Maklua Mai,

Amphur Sungnern, Nakhonratchasima 30170

Tel: 044-938-803, 044-938-809, 085-4890964

-
Songkhla – Hadyai
Hub Logistics CO.,LTD (Autroright Agent DHL Hatyai & Songkhla)

155/5 Suppasanrangsang Rd, Soi 4,

Hatyai Songkhla 90110

Tel: 074-342-028-9

Mobile: 086-490-7454, 088-788-1987

Fax : 074-342-274 x 15

Cut-off Time: 07.00 pm.

-
Koh Samui (Suratthani)
115/13 Moo 6, T.Bophut, Koh Samui,

Surat Thani 84320

Tel: 077-447-540

Mobile: 081-956-0337, 081-797-0133

email : [email protected]

-
Ayutthaya - Pratunam Pra-in
63/12 M.8 Phaholyothin Rd., Chiengraknoi,

Bangpa-in, Ayutthaya 13180

Tel: 035-249300

Working Hours: Mon-Sat 08.30 am-06.00 pm.

Cut-off Time: 6.00 pm

-
Hua-Hin
40/26 Petchkasem Rd., T.Huahin,

A.Huahin Prachuapkhirikhan 77110

Tel: 032-908489

Working Hours: Mon-Sat 10.00 am.-06.00 pm.

Cut-off Time: 12.00 am.

-
Prachinburi
287/1 Moo 1 Ladtakian, Kabinburi

Prachinburi 25110

Tel: 037-218739

Working Hours: Mon-Sat 08.30 am-05.30 pm.

Cut-off Time: 5.00 pm

On 3 januari i sent 2 big fat envelopes to Europe, they arrived 9 januari...very fast and it was normal thai mail, the cheapest one. They fit in the mailbox so no courier or signature needed, perfect!

So from now on that's what i will use to send presents to my cousins.

Ive sent with EMS a few times over the years, Sometimes they sub-contract to DHL. They just cant handle the amount that they have now. and so to put a curb on it they simply doubled the price to then sit back and sub-contract.

Here is some info from the Guardian amount the amount of traffic these days.

The number of small packages imported into Europe has more than quadrupled in 13 years, up from 26m in 2000 to 115m in 2013.

• 3 weeks later...

does anyone know the sizes of the EMS all in one boxes, found the prices but they dont state the actual size of the box, the new web site is a nightmare compared to the old one as well.

If you look at the post directly below your on the other thread there is a link to a chart with the boxes pictured and the sizes in centimeters stated.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/889923-thailand-postal-service/

Chart here....

http://file.thailandpost.com/upload/content/boxes-fee_11560.pdf

These are not the one world one size box.

does anyone know the sizes of the EMS all in one boxes, found the prices but they dont state the actual size of the box, the new web site is a nightmare compared to the old one as well.

If you look at the post directly below your on the other thread there is a link to a chart with the boxes pictured and the sizes in centimeters stated.

Chart here....

Chart here....

I know the size of these boxes but I am after the size of the EMS world boxes, there are 3 of them but they do not give you the sizes of them, giving a price is useless if they dont tell the size.

Edited by seajae