Thaksin Homesick - But Not Welcomed - Yet

george

Ex-premier Thaksin can return -- after martial law is lifted

BANGKOK: -- Former Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra can 'come home', but it would be better for him to wait until martial law is lifted.

He is far richer than the generals in power today.

And has far better connections.

He'll be back sooner than you think...

!00% correct. And he won't go to jail either.

Eh, agreed he won't go to jail, but if he comes back prematurely (before they say so), he will be kept under house arrest. This coup was not about money. His money won't help. This coup was about loyalties to a higher boss. Think about the "charismatic" person who wanted him out and where his loyalities are and you will better understand.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really not understand Thaksin, I mean does he live in another world?

Does he really not get it that people angry him for what he did.

John K, maybe you should have a session with him and explain.

I would love to see him on: Hardtalk

I really not understand Thaksin, I mean does he live in another world?

Does he really not get it that people angry him for what he did.

John K, maybe you should have a session with him and explain.

I would love to see him on: Hardtalk

Thaksin on Hardtalk, that would be sweeeet. I doubt he'd do it as he is a natural born coward, hiding in Bangkok or up north and now in London. He also refused every invitation to meet his political opponents in a debate, unless it was done in private. :o

There's just too much for him to answer to, he'd probably feel like standing in a field getting carpet bombed. :D

carpet-bombed.jpg

Edited by Tony Clifton

I agree it would be amusing to see what he has to say. But the CEO types don’t answer to anyone except the share holders. I doubt there would be any significant outcome if I had a session or two with him. He probably would be waving the little flag or whatever he used during his press conferences when he did not like the question. Probably could turn off the fan.

I wonder if he will still have that little flag when they finally haul him into court and the lawyers start grilling him.

For now he can always hang out in North Korea. I hear he has this thing about bombs.

I hope he didn't have to go to Singapore to get a visa. It would be sad if after his 3rd trip, they wouldn't let him back into the UK!

At any rate, he's really quite arrogant. The last place he wants to be right now is here. It wouldn't be the same for him, I'm sure.

Thaksin said in an interview broadcast on iTV yesterday that he would not be returning to Thailand in the near future. Speaking from his posh London apartment, the ex-PM said he wanted a rest.

It's worth paraphrasing the old one.

Q "How do you know Thaksin is lying?"

A "His lips are moving."

Army Chief Gen. Sonthi Boonyaratkalin said any airplane carrying toppled Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra back to Thailand would not be allowed to land. :o

Sondhi also indicated that Thaksin, now staying in London, was apparently trying to use his immense wealth to stage a political comeback. :D

- AP

Army Chief Gen. Sonthi Boonyaratkalin said any airplane carrying toppled Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra back to Thailand would not be allowed to land.

Sondhi also indicated that Thaksin, now staying in London, was apparently trying to use his immense wealth to stage a political comeback.

Well he could always fly to Pyongyang, sneak across the border into China and make his way down through Myanmar or Laos. I've heard that is a popular route these days and it avoids that giant cock up called Suvarnabhumi airport.

Then again e could go into British politics, he'd fit in very nicely with the Monster Raving Looney party. He could even make it to prime minister, he'd be a wow at prime minister's question time with his little X flag.

Former PM's wife meets Gen Prem at his residence

Former PM's wife, Khunying Pochaman Shinawatra meets Privy Councillor Chairman Gen Prem Tinsulanond at his residence reportedly to discuss on possibility of Thaksin's return.

Pochaman, wife of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, arrived at Prem's residence at about 10.50am with her elder brother, Banyot Shinawatra.

Prem's secretary, Gen Ud Buengon, received Pochaman who was in yellow silk dress, at the front door.

Pochaman and Banpot left Prem's residence at about 11.05am. They refused to talk to reporters.

Thaksin was in New York when the military seized power on September 19. He then travelled to and stayed London where he has a residence.

The coup team said Thaksin could return to Bangkok possibly after the martial law is lifted. It was not the right timing for Thaksin to return to Bangkok at the moment, they said.

Source: The Nation - 26 October 2006

30017198-01.jpg

Khunying Pochaman Shinawatra, wife of former PM, (right) is getting into her car after meeting with Privy Councillor Chairman Gen Prem Tinsulanond at his residence on Thursday.

It was reported earlier that she wanted to discuss possibility of her husband's return to Thailand.

ACM Chalit views that Pol.Lt. Col. Thaksin should return to the country after the dissolution of problems

The Deputy Chairman of the Council for the National Security (CNS), Air Chief Marshal Chalit Pookpasuk (ชลิต พุกผาสุก), has suggested Pol. Lt. Col. Thaksin Shinawatra to return to Thailand after the situation of the country has returned to normal.

Referring to the visit of Khunying Potjaman Shinawatra (พจมาน ชินวัตร), Dr. Thaksin’s wife, at the residence of Gen. Prem Tinsulanonda (เปรม ติณสูลานนท์), he said that Khunying Potjaman may need some consultation from Gen. Prem. However, he refused to give more details of the matter, saying that he does not know the information as well.

In response to the security related meeting attended by Defense Minister Boonrod Somtat (บุญรอด สมทัต), ACM Chalit said the meeting touched on issues concerning undercurrents and various suspicious movements.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 26 October 2006

30017198-01.jpg

Khunying Pochaman Shinawatra, wife of former PM, (right) is getting into her car after meeting with Privy Councillor Chairman Gen Prem Tinsulanond at his residence on Thursday.

It was reported earlier that she wanted to discuss possibility of her husband's return to Thailand.

Looks like she's lost a few kilos?

Lookin' good, Pojaman!! :o

Thaksin's wife, Potjaman, paid a brief visit on Thursday to Prem Tinsulanonda, the chief royal adviser, former prime minister and retired general, amid intense media speculation she was trying to pave the way for his return.

Prem aide Ood Buangbon said the pair did not discuss politics or Thaksin.

Before the 15-minute meeting, Prem received the head of the National Counter Corruption Commission, a key figure in the post-coup government's push to discredit Thaksin by linking him to corruption scandals.

- Reuters

:o

perfect timing... the head of counter corruption commission walks out and bumps into Pojaman on the steps coming in.

Probably muttered to her,

"Good luck, Pojaman... you're going to need it."

Equally amusing is the mere 15 minutes Prem allotted to her. Not even enough time to give her a cordial iced tea.

Probably muttered to her,

"Don't let the door hit you on that fat a** of yours on the way out."

Edited by sriracha john

Little evidence of Thaksin graft

Thai investigators are struggling to find definite evidence that ex-Premier Thaksin Shinawatra is guilty of graft.

Excerpt:

"But Gen Sonthi told the Nation: "I am not sure how far the Office of the Auditor General can investigate suspected corruption cases involving Thaksin. They might get nowhere at all."

source:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6087342.stm

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

How sticky can this get?? Relationship by work and now marriage. :o

General Oud Buengbon, Prem's close aide who is member of the National Legislative Assembly (NLA). His oldest son works for a Shinawatra company and is also married to Pojaman's niece.

So, by pulling whatever string, a meeting has to take place.

Now this would be sweet, The new government holds off on announcing that they have sufficient evidence to imprison Thaksin for the rest of his life until after his return flight is airborne and has no chance of turning back.

30017198-01.jpg

Looks like she's lost a few kilos?

Lookin' good, Pojaman!! :D

is that guy in the black suit copping a feel? :o

General Oud Buengbon, Prem's close aide who is member of the National Legislative Assembly (NLA). His oldest son works for a Shinawatra company and is also married to Pojaman's niece.

And some people believe that there will be substantial changes in Thailand... :D

And some people believe that there will be substantial changes in Thailand... :D

A lot of people miss that all the main factions have a foot in every camp through friends, family etc. Unravelling these disputes is like untying one of those mythical gordeon (sp) knots.

Four years of human rights abuses, four years of abuse of power and four years of complete uncaring of due process of law.

normal_6018323low.jpg

1.jpg

6021982-high.jpg

There's much more to being a legitimate leader than winning an election.

O4727569-14.jpg

344.jpg

StickmanSpecial8.jpg

O4742993-25.jpg

549000013824320.jpg

p8119-1.jpg

6018740low_copy.jpg

549000013928804.jpg

O4730342-3.jpg

A1826706092695156.jpg

This coup will be different from the previous coups.

6021992-high.jpg

6021702-high.jpg