Thai govt to keep seizing drunk drivers’ cars

webfact

Lots of great suggestions but it isn't going to happen this time next year will be 5he same old same old. As for schools and kids on bikes for some it's the only option so no motorbike to school no schooling back to scratch one. What could be done at schools is road awareness

PS: my bike insurance covers my wife's son have asked several times to confirm and always same answer yes he is covered age 13.

No motorbike no schooling .........Rubbish when i was a kid in rural England i used to ride my push bike 3 miles to school in all weather. So just give the kids a bicycle and tell them not to be so bloody lazy like dad.
Could come back with a face slap comment but I won't and it's a dam site more than 3 miles.

In the UK I used to cycle to school. It was about four miles a day. Not a problem. But there are many differences between that and the situation in Thailand. Schools are a lot further away than just a couple of miles for many. Kids grow up using the family scooter like kids in the west use push bikes. It is the family transport and they see no problems with the kids using it.

People keep quoting how the Western ways are better but when you brake down the stats things are not so clear. The peak age for people to die on uk roads is around 11/12/13 years old. In the UK you cannot ride a moped until you are 16. Kids are dying on the roads as pedestrians and cyclists. It is not their mode of travel that is the issue, it is their experience as a road user.

Thailand has fifteen times the number of motorcycles on its roads compared to the UK with a similar population. What is the difference between a scooter and a pedal bike? So one has an engine and can go a bit faster. In certain aspects that could be safer than a push bike.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Know what you're getting at but apparently the fatalities are up on last year.

And so are, probably, the number of vehicles. If there were no vehicles there would be no fatalities.

So you think the impounding of vehicles introduced this New Year is working?

Sure more vehicles, goes without saying really and as previously said, more fatalities too.

My point was, and we know about stats thrown around in the news here, are they real? Guaranteed there will be so many 'exceptions' giggle.gif

Impounding of vehicles certainly works in the short term. As for the long term we'll have to wait and see.

Sure more fatalities. that we know, and as previously said more vehicles too.

The point you're now making cannot be read from your previous statement.