Saudi Arabia 'in the midst of implosion'

webfact

I would miss those young Saudi princes racing through residential neighborhoods at high speeds in there Ferrari's. Treating the U.S. as there personel toilet.

Greed and torture at the House of Saud

The rulers of Saudi Arabia are gorging themselves on the country's oil wealth.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2002/nov/24/saudiarabia.focus

The whole bloody world is imploding. Better stay in Thailand, y'all! coffee1.gif

Let me see,

Saudi baits Iran by chopping the head off the cleric. (Masterful move by the US, who is just itching at the opportunity to add Iran to its list Of casualties).

There's a few months of ongoing words and sanctions by each country, condemning the other. Bombs start exploding, military jets on patrol sail dangerously close to each other's borders, suddenly there's an intended 'unintended incident' which results direct combat between Iran and Saudi.

Now there's really large missiles traveling the short distance across the gulf and there are 10's of thousands of casualties on both sides,

The next stage of the world war has commenced,

The USA and it's allies move in to assist,

Russia, China and what's left of Syria move in to ensure the Coalition of the foolish ceases messing in middle eastern politics for once and for all.

Little mushrooms start appearing on the horizon !

AND, you think you are safe in Thailand ?

55555555. Good luck with that.

The whole bloody world is imploding. Better stay in Thailand, y'all! coffee1.gif

Let me see,

Saudi baits Iran by chopping the head off the cleric. (Masterful move by the US, who is just itching at the opportunity to add Iran to its list Of casualties).

There's a few months of ongoing words and sanctions by each country, condemning the other. Bombs start exploding, military jets on patrol sail dangerously close to each other's borders, suddenly there's an intended 'unintended incident' which results direct combat between Iran and Saudi.

Now there's really large missiles traveling the short distance across the gulf and there are 10's of thousands of casualties on both sides,

Russia, China and what's left of Syria move in to ensure the Coalition of the foolish ceases messing in middle eastern politics for once and for all.

I highly doubt USA would ever help the Saudi in a war at this moment

Let me see,

Nice try but the US is not the least bit interested in having a go at Iran. Why on earth would they approve a major nuclear treaty and then initiate a war? The goal has been to try to bring Iran back into the fold of the international community.

In case you haven't noticed the US involvement in the ME has been steadily declining.

Any action by the US will bring Russia into the mix and the US, at least under Obama, isn't particularly interested in getting involved in any expensive wars, and proxy wars are always expensive and the enemy is never defeated.

What you are seeing in the ME is exactly what happens when they are left to their own endeavors.

Any action will likely be to protect Saudi Arabia because it is a major oil supplier to much of the world and if Iran simply has not returned to the oil market with enough supply to make up for something like a major disruption in SA oil.

The US doesn't really have a horse in this race, except that if oil gets disrupted, then the world economy is in jeopardy and that does put the US in the race.

Let me see,

Nice try but the US is not the least bit interested in having a go at Iran. Why on earth would they approve a major nuclear treaty and then initiate a war? The goal has been to try to bring Iran back into the fold of the international community.

In case you haven't noticed the US involvement in the ME has been steadily declining.

Any action by the US will bring Russia into the mix and the US, at least under Obama, isn't particularly interested in getting involved in any expensive wars, and proxy wars are always expensive and the enemy is never defeated.

What you are seeing in the ME is exactly what happens when they are left to their own endeavors.

Any action will likely be to protect Saudi Arabia because it is a major oil supplier to much of the world and if Iran simply has not returned to the oil market with enough supply to make up for something like a major disruption in SA oil.

The US doesn't really have a horse in this race, except that if oil gets disrupted, then the world economy is in jeopardy and that does put the US in the race.

Credo,

You contradict yourself in your own post. Firstly you say the US won't get involved & then later you say if there is any action it will be to protect the oil.

Also, I take issue with your suggestion that the ME has been left to their own devices & this is the result.

I can tell you, from first hand experience, the ME East has NOT been left to,their own devices my entire life. There has always been involvement from the west. The States (& their allies) have been involved in manipulating the ME state of affairs and this has been ongoing for a very long time, it's always been about either the oil or the petrodollar.

I am not blaming the west for ALL middle eastern issues, but let's just say they've had a very helpful hand in farqing things up for decades now.

Let's just wait and see, but I know where my money is, the coalition of the foolish just can't help themselves.

They are barbarians with oil. Without oil they would be eating sand because they don't have a real economy. Event the prospect of continuing low oil prices can doom them. Based on what they've done to the rest of the world I hope to see their bones bleaching in the sand.

Cheers.

The worst discovery was oil for Arab Nations,and there has been nothing but trouble worldwide ever since.Without their Oil the world would be a safer,saner place to live in.

Don't expect oil to run out in our lifetime, and if it did the Arab Nations would still be Super Rich from Oil, and decades of untold wealth and investments,unfortunately

In the early 70s we were warned oil will run out in 40 years! not a very good forecast,to say the least !

Let me see,

Credo,

You contradict yourself in your own post. Firstly you say the US won't get involved & then later you say if there is any action it will be to protect the oil.

Also, I take issue with your suggestion that the ME has been left to their own devices & this is the result.

I can tell you, from first hand experience, the ME East has NOT been left to,their own devices my entire life. There has always been involvement from the west. The States (& their allies) have been involved in manipulating the ME state of affairs and this has been ongoing for a very long time, it's always been about either the oil or the petrodollar.

I am not blaming the west for ALL middle eastern issues, but let's just say they've had a very helpful hand in farqing things up for decades now.

Let's just wait and see, but I know where my money is, the coalition of the foolish just can't help themselves.

No contradiction, per se. The US is not going to get directly involved. Any action will be to keep the shipping lanes open. The US will back the Saudis and they will get material support, which is a part of pre-existing agreements between the two gov'ts.

The Saudis are going to leave Israel alone, but the the Iranians might not. The US will protect Israel.

Situations like this can get complicated very quickly. Will Russia get heavily involved? Will this threaten oil supplies to Asia and Europe and Australia? If so you will see US involvement because it will start directly impacting the US economy and the stability of allies.

As far as messing around in the ME, that has been going on since before the Ottomans and the Europeans, primarily the UK had a big role in ME affairs. As there has been less involvement, you are now seeing that the idea that if everyone left them alone they would all hold hands and sing Kumbaya is wrong. Mess around or leave them alone, it doesn't matter, they have centuries of history of tribalism and fighting and it will continue.

Let me see,

Credo,

No contradiction, per se. The US is not going to get directly involved. Any action will be to keep the shipping lanes open. The US will back the Saudis and they will get material support, which is a part of pre-existing agreements between the two gov'ts.

The Saudis are going to leave Israel alone, but the the Iranians might not. The US will protect Israel.

Situations like this can get complicated very quickly. Will Russia get heavily involved? Will this threaten oil supplies to Asia and Europe and Australia? If so you will see US involvement because it will start directly impacting the US economy and the stability of allies.

As far as messing around in the ME, that has been going on since before the Ottomans and the Europeans, primarily the UK had a big role in ME affairs. As there has been less involvement, you are now seeing that the idea that if everyone left them alone they would all hold hands and sing Kumbaya is wrong. Mess around or leave them alone, it doesn't matter, they have centuries of history of tribalism and fighting and it will continue.

No matter what way you split it, nor which way you sugarcoat it, the US and it's allies will continue to do what they've always done.

I not so sure, either you nor I can bank in which way it's going to unravel, but rest assured IT WILL unravel. The USA and it's friends will get involved, whether it's just supplying stuff, keeping stuff open or participating.

I have no doubt Iran would love to get into Israel.

It's going to get really messy and it's DEFINATELY not a matter 'if' but rather 'when'.

We can sit back and watch..........my prediction thoug, that what is coming won't be to anyone's taste.

I will stand by what I said, if Iran drops one on Saudi, the USA won't simply patrol around the golf, attempting to keep the oil flowing, it will do more. When sheet starts flying, personally I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the gulf......it's going to get hot, real hot.

I highly doubt USA would ever help the Saudi in a war at this moment

Agreed. However, much of Asia and the EU need the oil that flows out of the Gulf of Hormuz does it not? The days of the USA sacrificing itself for the good of Asia and the EU are over. The North America is the only region with a functioning economy that is energy self sufficient. Any disruption to the world's oil supply and the world economy collapses.

Anyway, Saudi Arabia is not imploding. It will adjust. The desire to undermine the Sunni powerhouse is just more Iranian meddling. The Shiites have been doing this for centuries. Turkey and Egypt are Sunni. They have big, big armies. They are not afraid of Iran or its Shiite ideology. The Arabs still detest Israel, but should the need arise, Saudi airspace will magically open for Israeli jets to have free passage with a helping hand from Egypt, Jordan and Turkey. better the enemy you know and can manage, than the enemy comprised of wild animals who seek your death.

The recent drug haul has already indicated the dire state of their financial health.

true! ~630 billion Dollars (ranking 3rd) reserves are only pocket money coffee1.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_foreign-exchange_reserves

Well, as that Old Beatles Song goes. "Money can't buy you Love".

But it can buy you a strong military which Saudi Arabia has. They would be very difficult to overthrow unless a world power stepped in, which they wouldn't.

They may face some protest from the Shia but I highly doubt there would be an all out revolt. They don't have enough population or power too even start that and the Shia are not allowed to have government jobs or be in the military. .

They are barbarians with oil. Without oil they would be eating sand because they don't have a real economy. Event the prospect of continuing low oil prices can doom them. Based on what they've done to the rest of the world I hope to see their bones bleaching in the sand.

Cheers.

The worst discovery was oil for Arab Nations,and there has been nothing but trouble worldwide ever since.Without their Oil the world would be a safer,saner place to live in.

Don't expect oil to run out in our lifetime, and if it did the Arab Nations would still be Super Rich from Oil, and decades of untold wealth and investments,unfortunately

In the early 70s we were warned oil will run out in 40 years! not a very good forecast,to say the least !

At school in the 60s we were told the oil would run out in 20 years!

The recent drug haul has already indicated the dire state of their financial health.

true! ~630 billion Dollars (ranking 3rd) reserves are only pocket money coffee1.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_foreign-exchange_reserves

Well, as that Old Beatles Song goes. "Money can't buy you Love".

But it can buy you a strong military which Saudi Arabia has. They would be very difficult to overthrow unless a world power stepped in, which they wouldn't.

They may face some protest from the Shia but I highly doubt there would be an all out revolt. They don't have enough population or power too even start that and the Shia are not allowed to have government jobs or be in the military. .

Have you ever lived in Saudi? Do you know many Saudis?

There is a difference between having lots and lots of military toys and being a strong army. A strong army has soldiers that are capable of doing the job. Saudi an the other hand........................

PS I have lived there and I did know a lot of Saudis.

They're great at harassing women though. So as long as the enemy are just women they might be in with a chance biggrin.png .

As long as they bash each other - good riddance!

Agreed. Back to the Desert Tents. If the price of oil remains under $ 50 USD/ barrel, this country will be bankrupted in 2-3 years. No Saudis work !

They get paid to sit at home and do nothing. The cost of the social programs; they need oil to be at $85/barrel.

Can you say Next Arab Spring !!

Nah u can see it coming the <deleted> bankers will fund them cos they've got assets until the Arabic countries uc up totally and then the next HUGE financial crisis wilrain hellfire And this time no gov' support banks crash and :ph34r:

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No matter what way you split it, nor which way you sugarcoat it, the US and it's allies will continue to do what they've always done.

I not so sure, either you nor I can bank in which way it's going to unravel, but rest assured IT WILL unravel. The USA and it's friends will get involved, whether it's just supplying stuff, keeping stuff open or participating.

It's going to get really messy and it's DEFINATELY not a matter 'if' but rather 'when'.

We can sit back and watch..........my prediction thoug, that what is coming won't be to anyone's taste.

I will stand by what I said, if Iran drops one on Saudi, the USA won't simply patrol around the golf, attempting to keep the oil flowing, it will do more. When sheet starts flying, personally I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the gulf......it's going to get hot, real hot.

We don't disagree on much. Only on the time frame. If/when things unravel, there will be greater involvement. It's just how much unraveling will occur first.

I have little time for the Saudi regime, but has anyone else noticed the barrage of anti-Saudi articles of late? Whereas Iran, an even more egregious trouble causer and terrorism enabler has gotten a practically free ride by comparison.

Any implosion of Saudi Arabia would of course fit into the end of days predictions of the Iranian twelves, has the press become their p.r. Arm?

Ironically a war between the two would do wonders for the oil price, as well as Saudi finances.

We don't disagree on much. Only on the time frame. If/when things unravel, there will be greater involvement. It's just how much unraveling will occur first.

Fair enough.

What surprises me is, most folk about the place seem to be totally clueless about what a perilous place the world sits at the moment.

The only thing that surprises me is it didn't happen sooner than 2016.