Just saw an accident

Iamnotarobotatall

Down in Hua Hin a couple of years back one of the ex-pat Brits' who owned a bar there was walking down Soi Bintabaht minding his own business when a motorbike drove past him.

He felt an excruciating pain in his foot and looked down to see one of his toes sliced off!He told me the Thai guy riding the bike had the foot rest still down!!Just goes to show what can happen here..doesn't have to be your fault that's for sure!

These 3 wheels contraptions are illegal aren't they ?.

Be nice if they had a clampdown to remove them from the roads are they annoy the hell outta me.

Yes, I am sure that they are illegal. I remember some years back, I think that it was the Pattaya police that announced a crackdown on Bikes with sidecars fitted. But they were only going to crackdown on those driven by foreigners!

Be nice if they had a clampdown to remove them from the roads are they annoy the hell outta me.

Yes, I am sure that they are illegal. I remember some years back, I think that it was the Pattaya police that announced a crackdown on Bikes with sidecars fitted. But they were only going to crackdown on those driven by foreigners!

Yes they are technically illegal but the police normally leaves business side car rigs alone, those people are after all making a living using them.

Many expats do same set-up only to find out later they are illegal and are getting stopped by the police and pays.

The rules here are grey, not black and white.

There was talk a while ago to crack down hard on all side cars bikes but there are so many of them that if quickly fuzzed out and was forgotten.

I have been hit in minor scrapes with both cars (side mirrors) and MCs, I think after a while it is inevitable walking around minding your own business, thank goodness nothing serious, I was shocked how angry i got because it was not my fault, and anger does NOT fly here at all.

Yes they are technically illegal but the police normally leaves business side car rigs alone, those people are after all making a living using them.

Many expats do same set-up only to find out later they are illegal and are getting stopped by the police and pays.

The rules here are grey, not black and white.

There was talk a while ago to crack down hard on all side cars bikes but there are so many of them that if quickly fuzzed out and was forgotten.

I often find them a right PITA when I am driving a car but I have come to the conclusion that you just have to accept them. If it wasn't for them delivering ice, beer, drinks, gas cylinders etc they would have to be replaced by even more trucks/lorries causing even more congestion and probably adding to the cost of said consumables and that is not even considering all the food carts.................