Not a post office

sabaii69

I went to a new post office off Siam Country Club Rd to post a local letter. The guy asked for B25 which I knew was wrong but paid him. He took the letter and threw it on a shelf with no stamp. I told him to put a stamp now, no have. I took the letter back and went to another p.o. and was charged B5 and the letter was stamped. Beware, you will lose your letters! What is going on here?

Was it a post office or one of the postal services?

Most are reliable, at least any I've used. They do charge a bit for the service (less significant when the postage is more than 5 baht) and probably use metered postage rather than stamps. The metered postage or even stamps might not be applied until the item is turned over at the main post office. Even at the main post office they would normally use metered postage, not stamps.

Sounds like a postal service. They guy has to make his money somewhere, so of course it'll be more expensive than the post office.

If you're curious as to whether is genuine or not, send off a non important letter and see if it arrives.

20 Baht for the convenience of not having to drive to an official post office could very well be worth it, depending on circumstances.

The nice lady at the real postal pick up spot metered it and even told me when it would arrive for B5. The new place on Siam CC Rd by the new motorbike shop is a scam. By the way, two years ago my friend took 5 Xmas cards to the p.o. at Big C Klang and posted them to himself just to see what would happen. None arrived. Those were the bad ol days

The nice lady at the real postal pick up spot metered it and even told me when it would arrive for B5. The new place on Siam CC Rd by the new motorbike shop is a scam. By the way, two years ago my friend took 5 Xmas cards to the p.o. at Big C Klang and posted them to himself just to see what would happen. None arrived. Those were the bad ol days

That's not a "Thai Post" post office, but a third-party postal service shop. But I agree on their service. I've had stuff I posted from there never arrive at the recipient.

FYI: There is a private postal service, copy shop, and postal boxes on Soi Bouy Khao just a block south of the market closer to Pattaya Klang not Pattaya Tai with orange paint outside and easy to miss on the east side of SBK, highly recommenced her for service and prices and there appears to be a new real post office on Soi 5 (same as immigration in Jomtien.) This is FYI for alternatives in other areas. There was a genuine PO outlet that opened on SBK a bit further south on the other side of the street near Bangkok bank, terrible service and not sure it is still there.

Did the New Post Office have a sign on the building like this, if not, then it was not a Thai Post Office

attachicon.gifThai Post.png

I think the OP may be blind and unable to see the Thai Post logo.

Since he called someone grasshopper he seems to be comparing himself to Master Pp (from Kung <deleted> TV series). He obviously doesn't have his wisdom so maybe it's the blindness that he shares with Master Po.