Buying plastic water tanks

scorecard

I have seen them in Global House.

Plastic tanks are OK if kept indoors in a coolish area, not in direct sunlight and not exposed to the elements. Otherwise ceramic water containers maybe better. Keep in mind that water has a shelf life. If left too long the water will stagnate and algae may form on the inside of the container.

The stone coated "plastic" water tanks are guaranteed for twenty years or more, in addition they do not allow light to penetrate the plastic hence there is no algae build up. Home Pro and similar sells them at a price that includes installation.

Highly recommended.

As said if buying plastic it should be the stone finish type as the normal blue tanks let too much light in (although the better quality will last OK I believe). I have used Stainless Steel here in Bangkok and they have been excellent (but understand can be issues in salt air areas - not an issue in CM unless it is salty well water).

As Chiangmai and Lopburi posted, the stone finish tanks are best. We just bought a second 1,000L one for 6,500 installed, as combined with an adequate 1500bt inlet filter the water quality is excellent.

If you are located on the south side, the tank and water shop adjacent Empress Dental, Canal Road south of Mae Hia market/50m south of Yummy Pizza is the place to go. No English spoken but sign language ok and Angeline's prices are better than HomePro

As Chiangmai and Lopburi posted, the stone finish tanks are best. We just bought a second 1,000L one for 6,500 installed, as combined with an adequate 1500bt inlet filter the water quality is excellent.

If you are located on the south side, the tank and water shop adjacent Empress Dental, Canal Road south of Mae Hia market/50m south of Yummy Pizza is the place to go. No English spoken but sign language ok and Angeline's prices are better than HomePro

Thanks for all the leads, much appreciated, the tanks are actually for my Thai son's house, he looks very Thai / speaks perfect Thai so no 'farang' price stuff.

My son will start some shop visits tomorrow, thanks again.

The stone coated "plastic" water tanks are guaranteed for twenty years or more, in addition they do not allow light to penetrate the plastic hence there is no algae build up. Home Pro and similar sells them at a price that includes installation.

Highly recommended.

You can look at the stone coated tanks on display at Home Pro and each model indicates the warranty of 5, 10, 15, 20 years...whatever.....just to get an idea. Purchase where you wish.

Thaiwatsadu headed south on Highway 11 out of CM at the first stop light you come to on the left. Can't miss it. Huge parking lot. They have tanks galore in all sizes, plastic and stainless.

Archived