Netflix is now available in Thailand

ghworker2010

I dont want to read the entire thread so Forgive me if this was already mentioned. "Iflix" is cheaper (100 baht/month) with more content.

You don't get the Netflix original series and there are some v good ones with iflix. I'm happy to pay the 1£ extra per month to get netflix! :) Edited by ExpatJ
  • Like 1

One relatively easy way is simply to run Netflix off a Windows or Mac laptop that has video out capability, and connect the laptop to the TV with the appropriate video out cable -- HDMI, DisplayPort, SuperVideo, etc etc.

That way, you can also use a VPN or DNS redirect service is you desire, and select the Netflix region of content of your heart's desire (U.S., UK, etc.)

The USa or UK netflix. Are they free ?

If not how does one sign up for a US account ?

Netflix doesn't care where you sign up. You get the content from where it thinks you're located, regardless of where your account is based. If you want the US version, use a VPN or DNS service that gives you a US location.

Mmm a slight correction....if you sign up in Thailand without VPN you will be considered a Thai user and only get Thai media.

One relatively easy way is simply to run Netflix off a Windows or Mac laptop that has video out capability, and connect the laptop to the TV with the appropriate video out cable -- HDMI, DisplayPort, SuperVideo, etc etc.

That way, you can also use a VPN or DNS redirect service is you desire, and select the Netflix region of content of your heart's desire (U.S., UK, etc.)

Netflix doesn't care where you sign up. You get the content from where it thinks you're located, regardless of where your account is based. If you want the US version, use a VPN or DNS service that gives you a US location.
Mmm a slight correction....if you sign up in Thailand without VPN you will be considered a Thai user and only get Thai media.
I signed up here, when using a Vpn I get the US stuff. Guessing it's IP based. Just have to start your browser/Netflix app fresh after turning the vpn on.

But then if you change your location with a VPN, you'll get a different selection.

I can access the UK, US and Thai selections with a UK account, so I presume the same applies to a Thai account. It's where it thinks your IP address currently locates to that matters.

• Like 1

Making a Murderer is a must watch for anyone looking for good programs, a Netflix documentary series on the conviction and court case of some guy in the US, very similar to Koh Tao actually.

great recommendation, cant stop watching it..

• Like 1

A Chromecast will do the same job for about half the price.

The Chromecast is a very cheap way to get video from the your phone or PC on the TV, but it's not a universal replacement for a standalone box with it's own remote.

There's something still to be said for a device that can still be used when your phone's on charge and the PC is asleep for the night smile.png

For using Netflix, I disagree. Navigating the Netflix GUI using a remote and a screen ten feet away is a tiresome experience, compared to flicking through videos on a phone, tablet or laptop, then casting the one you choose to the tv.

Incidentally, you realise you can still use your phone whilst it's charging, right?

Really? I can use my phone while it's charging? No way! Far out, you are just too clever :P

But yes - If you live alone, I can't see any reason why'd you want a dedicated box, with a dedicated remote - the chromecast is a great way to mirror video and works perfect for a solo person.

If you have family or friends that come to visit, there's definitely something to be said for "hand me the remote" ability wink.png

Edited by IMHO

works fine on most android boxes I have tired, i.e. MX, MXq, M8 but you need to update to the latest version

It will work on these boxes, yes, but it will be limited to 720P maximum resolution... which may or may not bother you I guess.

Approved boxes (AppleTV, Roku, FireTV, Chromecast) are able to support 1080P and in the case of Roku4 and FireTV, 4K.

Edited by IMHO

I've watched two films on Netflix yesterday and today one on internet based tv (great picture Sony tv not the smart one but has internet capabilities) and one on lap top plugged into main 50 inch TV LG not internet (picture quality fantastic). Also both films are of the gory type and there was no censorship what so ever. However when I run out of email addresses for free trials. I won't be paying not enough content to make it worth it for me

Edited by Sutty

Just cancelled my month trial after 5 days.

Full of old movies and American TV. bah.gif

I wouldnt bother with the movies...old archive shit.

Netflixs cache is the original content....but you can get that elsewhere too.

If ur on the trial i highly recommend you watch their amazing chef documentary series....Chefs Table

Or download it off kat as many have.

works fine on most android boxes I have tired, i.e. MX, MXq, M8 but you need to update to the latest version

It will work on these boxes, yes, but it will be limited to 720P maximum resolution... which may or may not bother you I guess.

Approved boxes (AppleTV, Roku, FireTV, Chromecast) are able to support 1080P and in the case of Roku4 and FireTV, 4K.

Apparently my android box thingo does 4K @ 32fps.

Minix Neo X8-Plus.

Apparently my android box thingo does 4K @ 32fps.

Minix Neo X8-Plus.

It's not about the capability of the box - it's about how Netflix limit resolution depending on device/browser.

Making a Murderer is a must watch for anyone looking for good programs, a Netflix documentary series on the conviction and court case of some guy in the US, very similar to Koh Tao actually.

Let me know what your verdict is after you finish the series.

I dont want to read the entire thread so Forgive me if this was already mentioned. "Iflix" is cheaper (100 baht/month) with more content.

I signed up for their free trial when they launched, but the PQ seemed to be only SD. Their FAQ seems to suggest that hasn't improved yet either:

https://www.iflix.com/frequentlyasked.html#UYiipgE8Ykpymlit.99

Patience you must have, Yoda. Our team is working hard to make this happen for you. Stay tuned.

Maybe it's improved but they haven't updated their FAQ?

I've no interest if it can't do at least 1080P.

I finished it today, all 10 shows, was up till 3 am last night. Verdict = 10/10 for a doco , I think I was just as upset as Steve when I heard the verdict. Wow there was never any doubt in my mind after watching 10 hours of court room drama that they were both innocent.

• Like 1

I finished it today, all 10 shows, was up till 3 am last night. Verdict = 10/10 for a doco , I think I was just as upset as Steve when I heard the verdict. Wow there was never any doubt in my mind after watching 10 hours of court room drama that they were both innocent.

Yep.

If he never sued for 32 million I reckon he would still be a free man.

• Like 1

Yeah same here (also up to the early hours watching!). The hopelessness of it all really got to me, and that poor kid Brendan, what they did to him was terrible.

Definitely think the brother and ex-bf know more than they're letting on, not to mention them having access to the (spare)key that was found and Teresa's answerphone messages etc.

Just dodgy as hell.

Edited by joebloggs1234

Alas, best they will do is sd, so not even 720. I musts admit however that the stream does improve once buffer is full, not quite as pixelated as my initial impressions led me to believe.

Changing to local Netflix has produced a huge difference in picture quality. I just run a 5m HDMI cable to the TV,

I setup chromecast from my computer to TV last night (in my living room so they are about 8 meters apart) - streams Netflix perfectly in HD and no buffering at all.

Alas, best they will do is sd, so not even 720. I musts admit however that the stream does improve once buffer is full, not quite as pixelated as my initial impressions led me to believe.

They should be able to do 720P even through a web browser, no?