Survey : A Weeks Free Accommodation 5 Star Resort

yeehi

What is the deal with these surveys?

I did one yesterday and this morning they phoned saying I had won a week at a resort in thailand or abroad... no need to bring money they will pick me up this morning...

is it a scam? or what ?

I did one yesterday and this morning they phoned saying I had won a week at a resort in thailand or abroad... no need to bring money they will pick me up this morning...

is it a scam? or what ?

Yeehi,

This might well be a time-share sort of thing.

When you get there you will probably find yourself subjected to intensive sales propaganda to get you to buy a couple of weeks accommodation, each year, at some ridiculous price. Having said that, if you have an iron will (and they will be very persuasive) you will get your free week. Of course, if you don't buy, you may have to find your own way home! :o

Just conjecture but back in UK, Spain, Portugal, etc. etc. this sort of thing happens a lot. Not really a scam, as such, but be aware of what you might be getting into.

DM

is it a scam? or what ?

Take a bunch of mates with you ... and on the way ... stop and give him a right royal flogging ! :o

Naka.

Without a doubt a timeshare.

Now i did one of these surveys this year, and of course won the star prize :D all i had to do was go along with this young lad to this building to collect my prize. He also said there was free food and drinks.

Now we hadnt had lunch yet, so i said to the wife, come on lets go, so off we went. Ended up at this swanky office block, went upstairs and sat down with a irish guy. Lovely bloke, and we had a chat. I told him straight away i had no money and he would never sell me anything and the only reason i was there was for the free food and drink. So he chatted away about other stuff because he could see i wasnt buying anything.

Next thing i know his "manager" comes over, who i recognised from 4 years ago in bangkok trying to do the same thing :o now he tried the hard sell. So i said to him "look mate i aint buying anything all i want is my free prize, now cough up or i get the tourist police up here :D " sure enough he coughed up and we got our free week of accommodation, thank you very much. Havent used it yet but we have 1 year to use it.

Btw the food was lovely :D

I have dealt with blokes like this many times and i know how to handle them, but i could see some poor older person feeling very intimidated by these tactics and signing up.

We also gt a driver to take us back to the beach where we were picked up, so all in all we got free food and drink saw a few sights and didnt pay a penny for it :D

Edited by daleyboy

Without a doubt a timeshare.

Now i did one of these surveys this year, and of course won the star prize :D all i had to do was go along with this young lad to this building to collect my prize. He also said there was free food and drinks.

Now we hadnt had lunch yet, so i said to the wife, come on lets go, so off we went. Ended up at this swanky office block, went upstairs and sat down with a irish guy. Lovely bloke, and we had a chat. I told him straight away i had no money and he would never sell me anything and the only reason i was there was for the free food and drink. So he chatted away about other stuff because he could see i wasnt buying anything.

Next thing i know his "manager" comes over, who i recognised from 4 years ago in bangkok trying to do the same thing :o now he tried the hard sell. So i said to him "look mate i aint buying anything all i want is my free prize, now cough up or i get the tourist police up here :D " sure enough he coughed up and we got our free week of accommodation, thank you very much. Havent used it yet but we have 1 year to use it.

Btw the food was lovely :D

I have dealt with blokes like this many times and i know how to handle them, but i could see some poor older person feeling very intimidated by these tactics and signing up.

We also gt a driver to take us back to the beach where we were picked up, so all in all we got free food and drink saw a few sights and didnt pay a penny for it :D

we did this in bkk a couple of years ago and yes take the free lunch and drinks it was a good afternoon out

they were selling holidays and apartments in samui, for big bucks.

the holiday wer won looked good but you had to find your own way there and back i.e air fares and the like, we did not actually take it

is it a scam? or what ?

Yep, just a way of getting you in a position where their high pressure, ill-educated, aggressive sales scum will try and get you to sign up for something you do not want at a rip-off price.

However, if you can play them at their own game, you could walk away with a lot of free knowledge.

The attraction of that of course depends on whether you want to know an 'expert's' slant on double glazing and the secondhand car market. :o

Avoid them as you would a syphilitic whore, and be thankful that at least in this case you have had prior warning... :D

My mate won like 7 days in phuket, it turns out you have to sit through hours of sales crap and what not, and i think he said you have to pay for something or other, basicly you end up paying 500b a nite for the accomodation. Free it aint

Edited by hopeless

• 2 weeks later...
My mate won like 7 days in phuket, it turns out you have to sit through hours of sales crap and what not, and i think he said you have to pay for something or other, basicly you end up paying 500b a nite for the accomodation. Free it aint

Right!

Turns out though accommodation is 'free', there would be an inescapable 'booking charge' for a 'free' 1 week stay at a hotel. The charge would be about 3600 baht!

nothing my friend is free....the young ladies with the clip boards waiting to pounce on you in Beach Road asking you.... "where you come from?".... is just another ploy for you to be parted with your hard earned cash. Do not give them your details or you will again be telephoned at the crack of dawn with the "good news"

Same thing happened to me outside of MBK.

I felt sorry for the dude doing the survey, and didn't realise I would be phoned that night to receive the news of my amazing win.

I just said they had the worng number when the penny dropped, and hung up..

Edited by jingjoe

Reminds me of the kirby sales bloke that came around home in NZ.They promised a free carpet clean if I had a half hour demonstration.

Bloody funny.They tried all sorts of pressure.I just kept saying no,untill they became a pain in the arse.I then asked them very politely if they could understand English and could they please shampoo the carpet...it was bloody grubby too!

Two months later they called and asked if I wanted another demo....said yes and got another room cleaned. :o

Reminds me of the kirby sales bloke that came around home in NZ.They promised a free carpet clean if I had a half hour demonstration.

Bloody funny.They tried all sorts of pressure.I just kept saying no,untill they became a pain in the arse.I then asked them very politely if they could understand English and could they please shampoo the carpet...it was bloody grubby too!

Two months later they called and asked if I wanted another demo....said yes and got another room cleaned. :D

:o chuckle