Do you know the difference between HIV and AIDS?

pcujimmy

Now i am working with Children and Adults living with HIV/AIDS and Camillian Social Center Rayong the Foundation of St.Camillus in Thailand

do Homecare for the People in need. I come here to die and now i am helping to give back the same help i received. If you are in need of information

about HIV please contact us,me on DELETED

post-251930-0-33427300-1452227659_thumb.

Edited by seedy
personal details

Topic Edited - personal details

Forum Rule -

18) You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures. Web addresses to personal non-commercial sites sites/blogs, or Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses, may be posted in a member's profile page.

What I learned reading about it, is that HIV infected people can keep normal lives for long time with treatment. The count of HIV infected cells have to be some kind of high to be detected. That why sometimes the test result may be negative one time, and positive others. HIV becomes AIDS when the infection starts to affect normal living functions, infections appears, etc, and most of the times is not reversible with treatments, and ends in death.

I know HIV + people in the US, some married, having a normal life for more than 20 years. Magic Johnson, the basketball player, is an example.

For some reason, women may carry the HIV virus, but not developing AIDS symptoms. Also many people may carry the HIV virus without knowing for very long time, and die for reasons not related with the virus. Also still a medical debate about how the virus can be transmitted, because HIV virus was detected also in saliva, in people with AIDS, or with very high accounts of HIV infected cells.

This Post is posted in Health Forum also , but the question is why you think is should not be in Gay Forum.I am Gay and HIV and if you believe it or not we gay People one of the Risk Group of getting and spreading Theretofore all info on HIV AIDS is therefore helpfull.......i wonder why you think like that Member Schmember?

Also we have to think about the Children not only adults , than there will be a time to face what they have learnt about HIV/AIDS its called Prevention.

Super Member you correct abou HIV can live a normal live , but the understand HIV and AIDS is not correct us you explained it : While HIV is a virus that may cause an infection, AIDS is a condition or a syndrome. Being infected with HIV can lead to having AIDS, which stands for Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome. AIDS develops whenHIV has caused serious damage to the immune system

It means that you can die on AIDS not on HIV