Pulzar Semi Synthetic, any good?

ryanhull

Hey guys,

Got some Pulzar Semi Syntehic oil today for my swift, cant find much info on this, the guy at the shop said it was good but just wondering if you would use it or not? cheers

12539977_10153886880612700_1238595870_n.

Ryan ... the guy selling it said it was good ... is the viscosity range of that oil similar to what is recommended for your swift and the oil is for a gasoline engine and not a diesel.It pays to be careful and for modern high stressed turbo engines use what the manuf says, is prudent. Edited by JAS21

Wouldn't recommend Pulzar and neither semi-synthetic for a new car like yours.

Also I think Suzuki recommends 5W30 for a Suzuki 1.2 engine (K12B) and not 10W40.

Also don't forget to change your oil filter together with the new oil otherwise an oil change is quite useless.

From an oil website.

"Semi-synthetics" are oils which are a blend of petroleum oil and no more than 30% synthetic oil. If the manufacturer adds no more than 30% synthetic oil and does not change the additive package, they do not have to recertify the oil. These days, since everyone has agreed that Group III base oils are "synthetic," I'm not sure "semi-synthetic" means anything at all. The manufacturers love this stuff: it costs about 15% more to make the oil, and they get to charge about double. I don't recommend semi-synthetics. Save your money and take your kids to McDonalds.

What you bought probably won't do any harm.

Ryan ... the guy selling it said it was good ... is the viscosity range of that oil similar to what is recommended for your swift and the oil is for a gasoline engine and not a diesel.It pays to be careful and for modern high stressed turbo engines use what the manuf says, is prudent.

Has he changed the standard engine for a highly stressed turbo unit?

Ryan ... the guy selling it said it was good ... is the viscosity range of that oil similar to what is recommended for your swift and the oil is for a gasoline engine and not a diesel.It pays to be careful and for modern high stressed turbo engines use what the manuf says, is prudent.

Has he changed the standard engine for a highly stressed turbo unit?

I wouldn't know, DELETED

Edited by seedy
troll / flaming