Avoiding Girls

I'm probably going to spend 4 - 6 months alone in Bangkok soon doing some work. I'm thinking I'd like to avoid the girls - some vague moral guilt pangs (even though my wife says it's OK if I follow some rules - God, I'm a fool !)

I know Bangkok very well - have lived there for many years. But in the past, I was either with my wife, or was not yet married. Anyway, there is NO WAY I can remain good and frequent bars, discoes, etc. where the girls are. I've been thinking that I'll probably find Bangkok very boring under these circumstances.

The movie selection sucks, the museums suck, it'll be hot as ######, I am not a big shopper, there just doesn't seem to be much to do (besides eat which I DO enjoy doing there) if you avoid the girls.

In case anyone is interested, here are my wife's rules:

1 - don't get any diseases

2 - don't get anybody pregnant

3 - don't fall in love

4 - don't spend too much money

5 - "never -as long as you live - tell me about it, even if I ask you and say it's OK"

It's this last rule that has me scared. I'm not a very good liar - especially to her

Any ideas?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably going to spend 4 - 6 months alone in Bangkok soon doing some work. I'm thinking I'd like to avoid the girls - some vague moral guilt pangs (even though my wife says it's OK if I follow some rules - God, I'm a fool !)

I know Bangkok very well - have lived there for many years. But in the past, I was either with my wife, or was not yet married. Anyway, there is NO WAY I can remain good and frequent bars, discoes, etc. where the girls are. I've been thinking that I'll probably find Bangkok very boring under these circumstances.

The movie selection sucks, the museums suck, it'll be hot as ######, I am not a big shopper, there just doesn't seem to be much to do (besides eat which I DO enjoy doing there) if you avoid the girls.

3 - don't fall in love

5 - "never -as long as you live - tell me about it, even if I ask you and say it's OK"

It's this last rule that has me scared. I'm not a very good liar - especially to her

Any ideas?

sounds like the nearly perfect wife, 3 foot tall and a flat head, perfect

You could go to the AUA library, I love books, learn Thai language at a school,

learn Muay Thai boxing, volunteer time at an orphanage or womens' shelter, teach

monks English at your local temple, or get a job. By the time you are done with all that you'll be ready for bed and a nice cup of tea.

if you are looking for stimulation of the cerebral kind,join the siam society.

you will meet locals and expats whos interests could not be further from the bar scene. thai history,politics,architecture,archaeology.... all that stuff you hated at school but seems more interesting as you get a bit older.

a superb lending library and reading room, good lectures and trips.

they are located,strangely enough, on asoke,almost bang opposite the entrance to soi cowboy.

Well, if you like your drink, have every night one or two too many. Must be to the extent that you do not want to do anything else but sleep.

On the other hand, I learned the hard way, a hangover is worse than a guilty (?)

feeling.

So follow your wife's 1-4 rules and absolutely No. 5.

If you have a camera take some 200 pictures of the Grand Palace and the river, it helps you to keep your face straight.

From a medical point of view, sex is healthier than alcohol :o

so what are your rules for your wife, so she can indulge in a lover as well while you are away?

Fair enough, but remember - she brought this up, it was not my suggestion. But if she insists, I think the same rules make sense.

Just a personal view - I don't think men and women think about sex in exactly the same way. I know most women don't agree with this, but it just seems obvious to me: When a man desires sex with other women it doens't necessarily mean that he doesn't love his wife, or wants out of the relationship. If a woman wants sex with other men I think it usually does mean she has serious problems with her current relationship.

I'm in no way saying this gives men permission to cheat on their wives, but I do believe it's true.

Anywy, thanks for the ideas.

So what exactly do you want to do, screw around or play titily winks? 

Thank you for your previous post.

It seems that if you talk about sex on this board you get 2 types of replies:

Personal attacks from moralists, or

"Just do it dude, It feels good!"

So what's the point of answering a question like that?

Thanks for the ideas. I especially like the idea of the Siam Society. I also will probably sign up for Thai lessons. I actually enjoy learing Thai - still practice reading and writing for an hour/day. I don't know why - it's a pretty useless language for me - my wife speaks excellent English now, and my kids REFUSE to speak Thai anymore. But it's fun.

My work is computer-relaetd and the hours are flexible so I can do some of these things.

So what exactly do you want to do, screw around or play titily winks? 

Thank you for your previous post.

It seems that if you talk about sex on this board you get 2 types of replies:

Personal attacks from moralists, or

"Just do it dude, It feels good!"

So what's the point of answering a question like that?

3 actually you forgot flippant :o

Whydont you join a gym and set some personal goals for your own health while here. The period of time you mentioned is perfect for setting out on a fitness program. Add to this general health guidelines like reduced alchohol and smoking etc and you will have several reasons not to participate in the evils of the flesh !! :o

Or if you cant abstain why not just go for the soapy massages whatever they are with a happy ending. At least you wont get involved with the girl too much.

We were expecting to learn from you, "who had lived in BKK for many years".

What are you, the designated bully?

No, that title goes to the gentleman. :D

The Gentleman isn't in to avoiding the female section of the community ? Is he ? :o

The geek chorus :D

that's IT lighten up FYY :D

3 - don't fall in love

Any ideas?

Shave your head, put on the Saffron Robe and check into the nearest WAT with all due speed or you will get in trouble! :o

Shave your head, put on the Saffron Robe and check into the nearest WAT with all due speed or you will get in trouble! :D

Anyway, the only reason of this thread is that he KNOWS he will be in trouble and just want us to sympathize.

We do,... :o

this could be a test for you and she is seeing if you pass or not! :o

It most probably is. And he most probably does not want to pass it. 6 months is a very, very long time for such a lonely guy who does not know what to do in Bangkok, besides going to girl bars,... :D

Call me hopeless, but if you really love someone then being faithful shouldn't even be an issue with so many temptations wandering around even when you are apart for 6months. :o

My point, Brit, my point. Temptations are EVERYWHERE, not only Bangkok. But is it his point? :D