Laptop Speakers

blubythebay

Does anyone know where to buy good quality laptop speakers. I like the Bose system.

In a good quality computer shop.

Try wandering around Pantip Plaza on Changklan Road.

In my opinion Altec Lansing USB XT-1 or the powered XT-2 for more volume are brilliant, very compact and great sound.

Does anyone know where to buy good quality laptop speakers. I like the Bose system.

In my opinion Altec Lansing USB XT-1 or the powered XT-2 for more volume are brilliant, very compact and great sound.

OK, Blinky. Just wanted to make sure there are 'good quality computer shops' in Chiang Mai. I'm on my way in 2 weeks and want to keep the travel bag light.

Haven't even seen any Altec USB speakers in San Francisco only Logitech USB. I'll wait and get the powered with sub woofer.

Thanks

Edited by blubythebay

OK, Blinky. Just wanted to make sure there are 'good quality computer shops' in Chiang Mai. I'm on my way in 2 weeks and want to keep the travel bag light.

Haven't even seen any Altec USB speakers in San Francisco only Logitech USB. I'll wait and get the powered with sub woofer.

Thanks

Actually last time I looked there were no Altec Lansing XT1 or XT2 speakers at Pantip. I bought mine at Changi Airport. They are quite small and light and without the carry case will easily fit in your laptop carrybag. You might be better off getting them where-ever you are if they are available.

Another good option which is available at Pantip is the Edifier MP300 which has a sub-woofer (tubular approx. 30 cms long by 6 or 7 cms in diameter) and 2 circular sat. speakers (6 cms diameter). Very neat little outfit and although not as compact as the Altec Lansing it is still very transportable.

USB speakers, does that mean they get some extra power from the USB ports? Do they plug in only with one USB cable or do you still have one regular headphone jack that plugs into the audio-out?

USB speakers generally get the power and audio through the USB port. There a many quite cheap USB speakers which are mostly rubbish and there are others like the Altec Lansing which are great quality and reasonably expensive. If the speakers are powered by the USB port the volume is generally fairly low but there are some, ie. the Altec Lansing XT2 which have the option for external power which will boost the volume considerably. The Edifier system that I mentioned earlier is external power and the audio is through a 4mm plug into the audio-out jack.

Edited by Blinky Bill