GMM-Z Pay TV: package termination/ service ending message?

partington

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No using normal C band - did not press 9988 - just a normal power off/on OTA update.

Now the subscription channels have been stripped out it looks like a similar channel line up to the original PSI box but with the added bonus of HD channels if you have a HD box.

Also to note the CTH box will often not work properly if it is sharing a satellite line with a Truevisions box so you will need to disconnect any True boxes or get two lines from the dish - one for CTH one for True.

If you set the default audio to be English - on Stadium 6 you may have to select Thai to get the English audio as no dual language on that channel.

Just to note that if the serial number of your CTH box starts with 101 or 08 you can change or add package on line by credit card at https://online.cth.co.th/ or check current status of your package.

it wouldnt be much of a problem but i havent had the boxes yet.

have you got a CONTACT FOR THEM.NO NOT THOSE NO F---ER ANSWERS.

Also to note the CTH box will often not work properly if it is sharing a satellite line with a Truevisions box so you will need to disconnect any True boxes or get two lines from the dish - one for CTH one for True.

If you set the default audio to be English - on Stadium 6 you may have to select Thai to get the English audio as no dual language on that channel.

That is also true for Sunbox. I have a Sunbox and True STB sharing the same feed. I have to power off one box to use the other box.

That is also true for Sunbox. I have a Sunbox and True STB sharing the same feed. I have to power off one box to use the other box.

That does not sound good - I currently run 4 PSI and 3 GMMZ box from same antenna without any issues in my home - am sure condos run mix of all types without such issues. .

No box ten days after channels gone, so called 1629 number to ask when I would get it.

Held on with music playing for one hour and 15 minutes. Gave up because I realised this this doesn't even mean there is a huge backlog of callers, it could be they have just turned on an endless loop that no-one would would ever answer however long you wait.

Absurd but what can you do?

EDIT: only cost 84 baht which is less than I thought so I might try again in a few days and go for the full 2 hours...

Edited by partington

No box ten days after channels gone, so called 1629 number to ask when I would get it.

Held on with music playing for one hour and 15 minutes. Gave up because I realised this this doesn't even mean there is a huge backlog of callers, it could be they have just turned on an endless loop that no-one would would ever answer however long you wait.

EDIT: only cost 84 baht which is less than I thought so I might try again in a few days and go for the full 2 hours...

lodge a complaint AGAIN with NBTC.we shall be doing today,waiting for 2boxes or 17MONTHS RENTAL REFUND paid up front.

as for phoneing try 5AM.

That does not sound good - I currently run 4 PSI and 3 GMMZ box from same antenna without any issues in my home - am sure condos run mix of all types without such issues. .

It's because I'm using a splitter with a single feed for two different types of STBs. If I used a multiple output LNB it would work as normal.

Edited by mxyzptlk

Anyone with either a new box or the old box updated..

Do you have fox sports ?? I see fox news is gone (dont care) but fox sports is the one reason I still have sat TV, for the UFC in HD live.

Fox sports HD, Fox sports 2 Fox sports 3

^Thanks for posting that. So are we saying that since was the 6th Feb development, that THOSE are all the channels I could watch once my new box arrives (been on its way for a week now)? If that's the case - and you can't watch Stadim channels - then if the box ever arrives it'll be straight in the cupboard as there's not one channel of interest to me.

No these are what are available on the normal GMMZ box (CTH stadium channels are no longer an option) - have no idea what CTH offers as never got there box and really do not believe will use them in any case as do not need football (but that should have the stadium channels available).

No these are what are available on the normal GMMZ box (CTH stadium channels are no longer an option) - have no idea what CTH offers as never got there box and really do not believe will use them in any case as do not need football (but that should have the stadium channels available).

Bit confused. I have a GMMZ box which used to get CTH Stadium football channels, Warner, Fox. All of those channels went around 6th Feb. I'm now told by 1629 operative (still GMMZ I assume) that they will be sending me a new box with which I'll be able to see CTH football channels and I get one year free subscription. Now they could be sending me a new GMMZ box or a new CTH box (hope not as I've already got one unused in the cupboard. So three questions to those that have recently received a new box:

1. The new box received, is a GMMZ box or CTH box?

2. With the new box received, can you confirm that you CAN watch Stadium football. .warner..fox etc.

3. Did you get a free one year subscription or more or less?

Cheers

GMMZ no long has a four digit number or any pay service - that is CTH - it will be a CTH box.

You will get whatever plan they provide, maybe, sometime - have no idea what is included as they not advising on web site yet - but football and some others should be available

Have no idea - seems they are giving different strokes to different folks. The one time they actually had listing of plans on website none were more than 30 days that I could find.

lodge a complaint AGAIN with NBTC.we shall be doing today,waiting for 2boxes or 17MONTHS RENTAL REFUND paid up front.

as for phoneing try 5AM.

I don't have enough Thai language skills to write a complaint, and to be honest it's too much hassle to try to get a translation done. I suppose I could ask my Thai landlady, but I'm not really sure that she could translate an english letter well enough...

If they man the lines at 5 am I could try, but how do you ever know they haven't just turned it off for forty winks like security guards at 5am?

I suppose I sound cynical, but I can't really believe how easy it seems for this company to just turn off a service which has already been paid for and get away with it...

these are all the free channels anyone can watch if they have a PSI DISH and any set top box.

if you manage to get a CTH box before they cut the football off you can only watch with a KU.BAND DISH.

as for phoneing try 5AM.

I don't have enough Thai language skills to write a complaint, and to be honest it's too much hassle to try to get a translation done. I suppose I could ask my Thai landlady, but I'm not really sure that she could translate an english letter well enough...

If they man the lines at 5 am I could try, but how do you ever know they haven't just turned it off for forty winks like security guards at 5am?

I suppose I sound cynical, but I can't really believe how easy it seems for this company to just turn off a service which has already been paid for and get away with it...

i will be supprised if we get anything to the value of what we paid for.i have to buy a new dish to recieve any programs without the football.

these are all the free channels anyone can watch if they have a PSI DISH and any set top box.

if you manage to get a CTH box before they cut the football off you can only watch with a KU.BAND DISH.

I understand that - and have 4 PSI box as well as 3 GMM in service - but GMM did not offer many of the current channels when they were providing pay service and do now.

Interestingly enough, CTH on their Facebook page are currently advertising programs on Fox, National Geo and Starworld.

However, they have disabled their customer care page, and no longer appear to be reading any FB messages,

All of the comments are nothing but critical of how CTH are handling this calamity, Seems they are going for the head in the sand support model.

I hope the Broadcasting Commission wipes the floor with them.

The current packages are shown here http://www.cth.co.th/product-package/ - quite a confusing number - they match to the online payment page.

Big C were selling CTH boxes under the AJ brand with serial number starting 10xx (not sure where else and if still have in stock - need to make sure you get CTH box not GMMZ) with a 3 month package for those that want to give up on waiting and write off the past investment. And you can register it on line rather than trying to get it activated by phoning 1619.

^Baht 699 for the Premier HD package (football and a few English language channels) vs ilikeHd sport basic 30 package baht 250 + uk basic 30 day package (bbc, itv, etc) baht 200. I've just decide that if they ever deliver my replacement box, I'll just take it, stick in the cupboard and not sign up for a year, keep with ilikeHD until I find out which company will be distributing next season's Premier here for beIN.

You can also try emailing [email protected] I sent polite email with all my details - re forwarded it every day saying still could not get through on the phone and after a week someone phoned me back.

Excellent idea! I used to email them when they threatened to cut me off because my local CTH "dealer" was so late sending my money to Bangkok. I used to get good responses to email.

I'll let you know what happens... rolleyes.gif

^Baht 699 for the Premier HD package (football and a few English language channels) vs ilikeHd sport basic 30 package baht 250 + uk basic 30 day package (bbc, itv, etc) baht 200. I've just decide that if they ever deliver my replacement box, I'll just take it, stick in the cupboard and not sign up for a year, keep with ilikeHD until I find out which company will be distributing next season's Premier here for beIN.

i have allready had the true visions family sport package up and running,UCL,UL,RUGBY,LA LIGA,and much more.i would think the time its taking them to sort out customers the football EPL will be finished.

I understand that - and have 4 PSI box as well as 3 GMM in service - but GMM did not offer many of the current channels when they were providing pay service and do now.

well unless i get the fox channels,news,sport,all the crime series,nat.docs.euro-sport,boxing,cage fighting,i dont think we will get sky news.

oh and not forgetting the ADULT CHANNEL.gigglem.gif i wont be a happy bunny.