GMM-Z Pay TV: package termination/ service ending message?

partington

The wife contacted NBTC to register a complaint about the CTH way of doing business. Obviously, NBTC were well aware of situation and the wife was told the following -

NBTC would like people to register their complaints with them (NBTC, that is). What was needed was a copy of the GMMZ set top box identification number, a formal written complaint (including on what date(s) CTH were contacted) - and a copy of the wife's ID-card.

NBTC are apparently considering taking the case to court (whatever that may mean), but no further details were given.

However, they are requesting that any written complaints are made as quickly as possible. Last day for lodging complaints with them was said to be 19th February.

Cheers smile.png

Oh, and still no replacement box from CTH.......coffee1.gif

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sooo confused.

We have the GMM Zip IP box, with the "Ultra original Beyond" package..cant remember..its just over 700 THB a month.

Sunday we lost all Fox channels and Starworld.

Called and got through just a short time ago, and told that they have not renewed the Fox contract, so all Fox affiliated broadcasts have now ceased, although we can still get the Stadium channels, (but how much longer ?)

So that's Fox Premium, HD and Action movies gone, (aside from the News and Sports).

That leaves us WB, Sony and Hits for farang viewing, (Hits has been spelled incorrectly and should have an "S" as the first letter !).

I thought this change was only going to affect satellite installations ?

We have been told they are figuring out some form of compensation, but as of yet, do not know what form this compensation will take.

He has promised to call us back.

Whilst I like to watch EPL, as my team is struggling to gain promotion, it is not as important as it could be, and now am not sure what options I have to try and obtain a package that offers suitable viewing,

This is being handled very badly...again....

MOT

Thanks, the fact that you mention it's still possible to get Stadium (thats all i want as we have Truevisions for movies, news, etc) through GMMZ gives me the heart to bother pursuing this and give them a call, after I'd completely given up on GMMZ.

I am sooo confused.

We have the GMM Zip IP box, with the "Ultra or Beyond" package..cant remember..its just over 700 THB a month.

Sunday we lost all Fox channels and Starworld.

Called and got through just a short time ago, and told that they have not renewed the Fox contract, so all Fox affiliated broadcasts have now ceased, although we can still get the Stadium channels, (but how much longer ?)

So that's Fox Premium, HD and Action movies gone, (aside from the News and Sports).

That leaves us WB, Sony and Hits for farang viewing, (Hits has been spelled incorrectly and should have an "S" as the first letter !).

I thought this change was only going to affect satellite installations ?

We have been told they are figuring out some form of compensation, but as of yet, do not know what form this compensation will take.

He has promised to call us back.

Whilst I like to watch EPL, as my team is struggling to gain promotion, it is not as important as it could be, and now am not sure what options I have to try and obtain a package that offers suitable viewing,

This is being handled very badly...again....

MOT

I think they they forgot they had GMM ZIP IP users (Internet box) , were there any on screen messages warning of impending doom?

Only message was that confusing ticker about top up services going away. I

think I will end up using Kodi...cannot make head or tail on where I stand now..if Stadium goes away, then its 700+ baht for mainly Thai unwatchable programs..

tilaceer : Kodi addon "MR Network TV" has Stadiums 1 thru' 5 in HD but only in Thai. I shan't put any links here but PM me if you want more info and I'll try and oblige. (Just installed it this morning).

Thank you, but I have now added packages for both Stadium as well as Skysports to Kodi, as Skysports 2 seems to cover some Championship matches.

It is just the uncertainty of what service, set top box, package I need to subscribe to that I find so galling.

CTH are not including SKY News, FOX News and FOX Sports News in their new packages hence why I have not got them in my Beyond CTHZ package on the new CTH box.

They hinted that as "special compensation" and possibly my whining that they will add them back for the former GMMZ customers.

However this may be short lived as they also said that they will be pulling these channels from ALL CTH subscribers shortly hence not including in new packages.

I opened a thread around this time last year when they first removed these channels so perhaps they only paid for 1 year to broadcast them!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/803857-GMMZ-Satellite---Sky-News-Channel

If you want English News Channels you may need to look else where.

I've searched for the last 25 minutes on the CTH website and can't find a list of channels that is included in the "beyond CTH" package. Do you know where there's a list? It's not on their Facebook page either( that I can see anyway...)

Google: Bangkok satellite

CTH Ready Box Ku Band

Google translate

1. Watch over 100 channels .

2. Watch digital TV with all the channels.

3. Update channels up automatically with OTA.

4. Supports BISS KEY

5. Support Services for additional channels of CTH.

6. Package Beyond CTH can get one month free

+ Canal list

Have a nice day

1-watch over 100channels all free to air.

2 nothing new.

3 bs.

4 ?

5 the plug has been pulled on them.

6 past its sell by date.

+ canal list over here its called a klong,where its all going.

have a nice day.

and if you havent noticed they are still advertising their gmmz.set top boxes.

Re: 4?

Basic Interoperable Scrambling System, usually known as BISS, is a satellite signal scrambling system developed by the European Broadcasting Union

A friend of mine called 1619 last week and got thru' after about 15 minutes but another friend tried for a few days (middle of the night as well) and has failed to speak to anyone - after an hour on hold (music playing) he was cut off every time - PLUS you pay for the call, must've cost him 200-300 baht in all. A completely ridiculous state of affairs.

The wife contacted NBTC to register a complaint about the CTH way of doing business. Obviously, NBTC were well aware of situation and the wife was told the following -

NBTC would like people to register their complaints with them (NBTC, that is). What was needed was a copy of the GMMZ set top box identification number, a formal written complaint (including on what date(s) CTH were contacted) - and a copy of the wife's ID-card.

NBTC are apparently considering taking the case to court (whatever that may mean), but no further details were given.

However, they are requesting that any written complaints are made as quickly as possible. Last day for lodging complaints with them was said to be 19th February.

Cheers smile.png

Oh, and still no replacement box from CTH.......coffee1.gif

thanks for this SB.our complaint goes off today.

me finks they are going to do a FOREST GUMP,as i posted earlyer,the plug is being pulled on the EPL march,there aint any premium channels,so whats left?boxes that aint worth nowt and those who have psi.dishes,

as for any REFUNDS doooooooooooooooooooo pigs fly in LOS land of ?

thanks for this SB.our complaint goes off today.

Good onya!

The more people that make a statement, the easier things will be for NBTC, providing they just don't stand around playing with themselves for too long. The wife is pretty p.....d at losing a channel she liked - and when she gets p......d ya have watch out - the sparks start flying!

Cheers smile.png

Just got through to GMMZ or CTH (which I don't know) on the GMMZ 1629 number. I picked option 3 service when I got through, which I guess was wrong as they answered very quickly and then transferred me - worked out well.

Spoke to a very patient Thai man.

• I explained that I was one of the GMMZ customers who had lost the Stadium football channels.
  • He asked me for my GMMZ card number.
  • As I'd bought the GMMZ '120 day Premier League HD' box/package only in October I still had the packaging box, which has the card number on the side.
  • Gave him the card number and he identified that my wife had registered the start of our 120 day package and it expires on 20 FEBRUARY 2016.
  • He quickly explained the message that had been displayed on the bottom of the TV for the past month or so, and said the top-up packages had finished (6th Feb I think was the date he said), all of which I knew and he didn't offer anything new, so his company GMMZ or CTH (which I don't know) was offering (i) to exchange my existing GMMZ box with a new box and (ii) once I had the new box I should contact them again (to register the box I guess) and then I could receive the "services" if I subscribed for a year (!).
  • I then got a bit heated and advised him I didn't want to sign up for a year, but I would like to sign up on a per month or 3 month or 6 months basis, as all I bought the package for and all I wanted was to be able to watch CTH Stadium channels.
  • A bit of to-ing and fro-ing and then he explained that if I got the box and signed up for a year I got the 1st year free.
  • I then said, so I could get the box, sign up for a year for free and when CTH no longer have the football in May (I was presuming CTH won't have it after May) I could just could cancel without having to pay anymore.
  • His answer was yes.
  • I agreed that he should send the box and we'll sign up (and take it from there).

It was all very confusing, sure it would have been less confusing if my lovely wife could have been arsed to call for me and they'd conversed Thai-to-Thai.

I'm a bit worried, after CTH last year trying to get 20 months money off us so we cancelled with them, that this offer of one-year free subscription maybe a misunderstanding that'll cost us.

Anyway to summarise, I accepted to get a replacement box and when the wife rings up to register it she can sort out the final details out (free year subscription or not, etc.).

Now we wait for the box to come - hopefully they'll have the sense to call before they come!

Just got through to GMMZ or CTH (which I don't know) on the GMMZ 1629 number. I picked option 3 service when I got through, which I guess was wrong as they answered very quickly and then transferred me - worked out well.

• I explained that I was one of the GMMZ customers who had lost the Stadium football channels.
  • As I'd bought the GMMZ '120 day Premier League HD' box/package only in October I still had the packaging box, which has the card number on the side.
  • Gave him the card number and he identified that my wife had registered the start of our 120 day package and it expires on 20 FEBRUARY 2016.
  • He quickly explained the message that had been displayed on the bottom of the TV for the past month or so, and said the top-up packages had finished (6th Feb I think was the date he said), all of which I knew and he didn't offer anything new, so his company GMMZ or CTH (which I don't know) was offering (i) to exchange my existing GMMZ box with a new box and (ii) once I had the new box I should contact them again (to register the box I guess) and then I could receive the "services" if I subscribed for a year (!).
  • I then got a bit heated and advised him I didn't want to sign up for a year, but I would like to sign up on a per month or 3 month or 6 months basis, as all I bought the package for and all I wanted was to be able to watch CTH Stadium channels.
  • A bit of to-ing and fro-ing and then he explained that if I got the box and signed up for a year I got the 1st year free.
  • I then said, so I could get the box, sign up for a year for free and when CTH no longer have the football in May (I was presuming CTH won't have it after May) I could just could cancel without having to pay anymore.
  • His answer was yes.
  • I agreed that he should send the box and we'll sign up (and take it from there).

It was all very confusing, sure it would have been less confusing if my lovely wife could have been arsed to call for me and they'd conversed Thai-to-Thai.

I'm a bit worried, after CTH last year trying to get 20 months money off us so we cancelled with them, that this offer of one-year free subscription maybe a misunderstanding that'll cost us.

Anyway to summarise, I accepted to get a replacement box and when the wife rings up to register it she can sort out the final details out (free year subscription or not, etc.).

Now we wait for the box to come - hopefully they'll have the sense to call before they come!

BB.be very carefull that you dont pay for anything.as i have posted their EPL licence expire's in march.if i was you give NBTC a call and tell them what they told you.i will pm.you with some info.

• His answer was yes.

BB.be very carefull that you dont pay for anything.as i have posted their EPL licence expire's in march.if i was you give NBTC a call and tell them what they told you.i will pm.you with some info.

we all have to be on allert for what is being offered.according to the suppliers of the sunbox which gives you the EPL their contract for the EPL doesnt run out till the 15th.may.yet they are cutting it off on march the 1st.2016.

so their licence doesnt run out till may 15th.but they seem fit to no longer show the EPL.from march 1st.DIRTY TRICKS EH.

they have changed their story 3times with us.

first it was a refund on 2boxes and 2packages.

then they changed it to,2new boxes,plus our original packages with extrayrs

they then told the wife that they had no record of that call,but would only refund on 1box and not the other and that we wouldnt get our packages what we paid for.

It's time all of you have your wives and GF's file a complaint with NBTC before 19th of February! CTH and Gmmz are still trying to screw you. CTH will not renew their contract with FOX, so all the FOX channels they sold us are going away! Now, it's been

reported the Football/Stadium Channels expire March 2016 and their trying to get some folks to sign up for a year. Believe me

folks this is Thailand. They are not go renew this contract for football, but they will continue to try and get you to pay

for a year subscription. This is how CTH and GMMZ screwed you before and they want to do it again. So file a complaint with

NBTC and wait until April 1st and April Fool, no more football! God I Love Thailand!

It's time all of you have your wives and GF's file a complaint with NBTC before 19th of February! CTH and Gmmz are still trying to screw you. CTH will not renew their contract with FOX, so all the FOX channels they sold us are going away! Now, it's been

reported the Football/Stadium Channels expire March 2016 and their trying to get some folks to sign up for a year. Believe me

folks this is Thailand. They are not go renew this contract for football, but they will continue to try and get you to pay

for a year subscription. This is how CTH and GMMZ screwed you before and they want to do it again. So file a complaint with

NBTC and wait until April 1st and April Fool, no more football! God I Love Thailand!

As I said in another thread, I signed up for a month of ilikeHD (internet TV on PC or android box), to see if this could be a reasonable substitute for CTH/GMM-Z.

Currently on ilikeHD most of the Fox channels that you would want, in English, are available. However they all appear with the CTH logo, so they are all nicked from CTH.

This means if CTH are not renewing Fox availability then these channels will disappear from ilikeHD at the same time as they go from CTH. I am sure this is true, because shortly after CTH took over, but before the Premium channels disappeared, Fox HD lost its English audio track on the satellite box, presumably because CTH wouldn't supply it. On ilikeHD there is still a Fox HD English channel button, but when you select it the channel always comes up as not available. So I think anything that disappears from CTH will also disappear from here.

So I think this won't be a solution in the future. Also, the resolution on a lot of the internet channels that are flagged as 720p looks a lot worse than that, though a few are fine. There are very few flagged 1080p channels and even fewer of those, perhaps two or three, look anything like real 1080 resolution. Especially disappointing for Nat Geo Wild, which is only available in 720p in the English version. I'll may try to post more details later on another thread

( http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/892843-simple-questions-on-starting-to-use-android-box-to-replace-cth/ )

but it seems a bit pointless if all the Fox channels will go from here too.

It's hard to know what to do to get a proper TV service now. Pay True I suppose...

So can someone please confirm for me that even if I buy a brand new cry digital box and subscribe come 1st of March I'll lose epl on stadium channels in English? Thanks

I also wonder where this came from. My understanding is that CTH paid the EPL rights for 3 seasons this being the last season. Why would they then stop on the 1st March?

Is there some confusion here with the dates concerning the PSI and RS Sunbox termination date?

While I'm at it I was told by CTH that they are not renewing their contract with Fox for their news channels, there was no mention of pulling the Fox Movie channels. Confusion again or is there a statement out there on this issue?

So can someone please confirm for me that even if I buy a brand new cry digital box and subscribe come 1st of March I'll lose epl on stadium channels in English? Thanks

I also wonder where this came from. My understanding is that CTH paid the EPL rights for 3 seasons this being the last season. Why would they then stop on the 1st March?

Is there some confusion here with the dates concerning the PSI and RS Sunbox termination date?

The Football contract ends 3/31/16! Now, CTH has played games with all of us for the past 3 years. I remember the first contract I signed with them, I had the brochure in my hand. After installation, about 30-40 percent of the channels I wanted and signed up for

didn't exist, were not included in my program or went away. Now, CTH needs to swear under oath to NBTC, any future promises to us

and the only way is to swear to the NBTC because quite frankly this Thai Company could care less about the the truth, customer

service, customer relations, ect, because it does not exist in their mission statement. The mission statement says anything but get the money, as quickly as possible,for a contract as long as possible! So, File the complaint (NBTC) and lets see what happens and on April Fools see if you have any football!

Anyone have any ideas of maybe pulling another satelite service from maybe Malaysia? We should be able to use any service from any

ASEAN Country now????

The Football contract ends 3/31/16! Now, CTH has played games with all of us for the past 3 years. I remember the first contract I signed with them, I had the brochure in my hand. After installation, about 30-40 percent of the channels I wanted and signed up for

didn't exist, were not included in my program or went away. Now, CTH needs to swear under oath to NBTC, any future promises to us

and the only way is to swear to the NBTC because quite frankly this Thai Company could care less about the the truth, customer

service, customer relations, ect, because it does not exist in their mission statement. The mission statement says anything but get the money, as quickly as possible,for a contract as long as possible! So, File the complaint (NBTC) and lets see what happens and on April Fools see if you have any football!

Anyone have any ideas of maybe pulling another satelite service from maybe Malaysia? We should be able to use any service from any

ASEAN Country now????

Dare I say it, can you let us know the source notifying that the contract is ending on that date?

Although nothing would surprise me with this lot if they hadn't signed a contract that covered the whole season!

Edited by Linesy

according to RS the suppliers of the PSI SATELLITE AND SUNBOX they have signed a contract with them that cannot be apposed.the contract and licence is supposed to run till may 15th.now this co.RS are not at all happy and have demanded them to explain why.

"My understanding is that CTH paid the EPL rights for 3 seasons this being the last season. Why would they then stop on the 1st March?" - I agree, why would CTH's contract for the Premier League end any time in March 2016, surely it must run to include the last round of matches.

What's the link somebody has to a March date? Please post it otherwise surely its just speculation.

I used ilikehd today for the first time with my box being down.

used it today as a test in phuket have 3bb 15m internet, watched the man

u game on arena 6 (cth 6) and the picture was fine and hd quality

but the 10 o clock game on arena 2 cth 2 was very poor, is this how the service is all the time, would fasterinternet connection help? I checked all the arena channels and they were of equal sd quality.

Does having a better internet help

Also is there any better service for bpl, using the service via tv anyone is using?

^I also paid up and used ilikeHD for the first time tonight. Impressed. Watched a bit of the Sunderland game, then CBBC and Nickolodean for the kids (they were very impressed watching uk tv in Thailand), then the Premier games and some of the rugby. The picture on the CTH Stadium 6 was very good, not so on the other CTH stadium channels. Still, nicely solved my GMMZ/CTH problems.

"My understanding is that CTH paid the EPL rights for 3 seasons this being the last season. Why would they then stop on the 1st March?" - I agree, why would CTH's contract for the Premier League end any time in March 2016, surely it must run to include the last round of matches.

What's the link somebody has to a March date? Please post it otherwise surely its just speculation.

they have done nothing but CONfuse people right from the start.

regarding the march the 1st.cut off,it was another message on the bottom of the screen which was running about 2weeks ago,BUT ONLY IN THAI.

it did mention PSI AND THE SUNBOX,so maybe its for all of the ones that get the EPL through this system.

if you have this try and contact RS.SUNBOX SUPPLIERS as they too are not happy about it.i cant post where this information came from.

if anybody is getting the EPL through PSI.AND SUNBOX have you recieved a new box i believe you have to have a KU.dish aswell.

Yes the current notice is for PSI and RS subscribers - they are the next to be cut off from CTH channels. It started with actual cable systems, then GMM/z and now the remaining systems. So CTH will have total control and would expect that to result in them making the high bid to carry football again as they do not seem to have much to attract without. But only time will tell.