GMM-Z Pay TV: package termination/ service ending message?

partington

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"My understanding is that CTH paid the EPL rights for 3 seasons this being the last season. Why would they then stop on the 1st March?" - I agree, why would CTH's contract for the Premier League end any time in March 2016, surely it must run to include the last round of matches.

What's the link somebody has to a March date? Please post it otherwise surely its just speculation.

they have done nothing but CONfuse people right from the start.

regarding the march the 1st.cut off,it was another message on the bottom of the screen which was running about 2weeks ago,BUT ONLY IN THAI.

it did mention PSI AND THE SUNBOX,so maybe its for all of the ones that get the EPL through this system.

if you have this try and contact RS.SUNBOX SUPPLIERS as they too are not happy about it.i cant post where this information came from.

if anybody is getting the EPL through PSI.AND SUNBOX have you recieved a new box i believe you have to have a KU.dish aswell.

My Sunbox has always been connected to an existing True dish / Ku Band LNB using a signal splitter & works great. I don't think a new STB will be required in my case.

Edited by mxyzptlk

Works for what is the question? Any box will work for the free channels. And what type of antenna did you have?

If you are getting paid stations am sure some here would like to know name of plan and what stations are available - the CTH web site is a bit short on details (or any information). Thanks.

Works for what is the question? Any box will work for the free channels. And what type of antenna did you have?

If you are getting paid stations am sure some here would like to know name of plan and what stations are available - the CTH web site is a bit short on details (or any information). Thanks.

Currently in their queue system, 2 hours and 3 minutes, so far. Will post when I get more news.

Yes the current notice is for PSI and RS subscribers - they are the next to be cut off from CTH channels. It started with actual cable systems, then GMM/z and now the remaining systems. So CTH will have total control and would expect that to result in them making the high bid to carry football again as they do not seem to have much to attract without. But only time will tell.

Lop, which channel is the cut off message being broadcast on?

Currently in their queue system, 2 hours and 3 minutes, so far. Will post when I get more news.

Finally someone answered the phone, it took all of 4 minutes, football channels back on now. They have promised us 1 year service from today, obviously excepting the football, top of the range package. Going to watch the Leicester match now.

Yes the current notice is for PSI and RS subscribers - they are the next to be cut off from CTH channels. It started with actual cable systems, then GMM/z and now the remaining systems. So CTH will have total control and would expect that to result in them making the high bid to carry football again as they do not seem to have much to attract without. But only time will tell.

I don't have access anymore - it was being shown on the GMMZ Nat Geo Wild channel until they went OTA on the morning of the 7th of this month. It said the PSI an RS Sunbox would lose access later this month.

I don't have access anymore - it was being shown on the GMMZ Nat Geo Wild channel until they went OTA on the morning of the 7th of this month. It said the PSI an RS Sunbox would lose access later this month.

I'm watching Arsenal v Leicester at the minute and haven't seen any messages on Stadium 3. Same last night when I watched Sunderland v Man U

Finally someone answered the phone, it took all of 4 minutes, football channels back on now. They have promised us 1 year service from today, obviously excepting the football, top of the range package. Going to watch the Leicester match now.

What kind of dish do you have? Or alternatively do you have a "satellite" button on your remote (this might give the name of the satellite if you press it)?

In the unlikely event that I ever get a replacement box, I don't really know if the dish(es?) on top of my building will even work with it!

You guys that believe CTH, I have some ocean front property for sale in Phuket! 100,000 THB per 10 meters with a 20 meter depth!

I only have 500,000 meter in frontage, so buy now! The sale expires on 1/4/16! Ohm I forgot to tell you CTH loss the bid for

football for the next 3 years! A better buy would be the ocean front lots in Phuket!

All my Gmmz channels are up and running, withtheexception of Fox News and SkyNews. All the stadium channels are up and running. However, there is no English audio on all Stadia channels, there is the usual drop down box, but it is not working. This same problem noted on some, not all, of the Fox channels.

You guys that believe CTH, I have some ocean front property for sale in Phuket! 100,000 THB per 10 meters with a 20 meter depth!

I only have 500,000 meter in frontage, so buy now! The sale expires on 1/4/16! Ohm I forgot to tell you CTH loss the bid for

football for the next 3 years! A better buy would be the ocean front lots in Phuket!

Very sarcastic and unnecessary comment, I know CTH lose the football this year, my earlier post refers to that. I received a box today, plugged it in and it all works, see my previous post. It is a mess however, and would not have happened inmost countries worldwide.

Thanks for this very helpful post. Are you a rocket scientist or brain surgeon by any chance?

Edited by mxyzptlk

I need to top up my phone. I've already waited 20 minutes, 25 minutes and 35 minutes with no answer each time. I've got only 90 baht left.

You say "They have promised us 1 year service from today, obviously excepting the football, top of the range package."

- and then you're going to "watch the Leicester match now"?

So what do you mean by "excepting the football?" huh.png

I need to top up my phone. I've already waited 20 minutes, 25 minutes and 35 minutes with no answer each time. I've got only 90 baht left.

You say "They have promised us 1 year service from today, obviously excepting the football, top of the range package."

- and then you're going to "watch the Leicester match now"?

So what do you mean by "excepting the football?" huh.png

The 1 year service includes football until they lose the contract at the end of the season. The other paid channels are OK for one year from today.

All my Gmmz channels are up and running, withtheexception of Fox News and SkyNews. All the stadium channels are up and running. However, there is no English audio on all Stadia channels, there is the usual drop down box, but it is not working. This same problem noted on some, not all, of the Fox channels.

I finally got up and running 10 days after receiving my new box, no English news channels, but i can change the audio on all the sports channels, maybe check your settings again ?

I finally got up and running 10 days after receiving my new box, no English news channels, but i can change the audio on all the sports channels, maybe check your settings again ?
Yes I will play with settings tomorrow, it may be a blessing in disguise to not hear the UK football pundits.

The 1 year service includes football until they lose the contract at the end of the season. The other paid channels are OK for one year from today.

Ah, OK. So maybe my promised one year free will happen once I get through.

Damn, I hate that on-hold music. dry.png

Yes I will play with settings tomorrow, it may be a blessing in disguise to not hear the UK football pundits.

Yes, why is it that the non-commentator "pundit" - the one who gives all the smart-a**e explanations of precisely why the particular footballer did what he did and why he should have done something else - is such a PITA?

hopefully i shall be up and running by tonight,no new box from CTH,NO KU DISH,ALL SET UP WITH FIBER OPTIC CABLE,looking forward to the UCL,EXPECIALLY ROMA VS REAL MADRID,AND PSG VS CHELSEA,and not forgetting the 6nations RUGBY.

how is that going to work TAFF? TRUE VISIONS ARE COMING TODAY.biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Powered up the box this morning, and lo and behold , English audio is working on Stadia and Fox channels.

Powered up the box this morning, and lo and behold , English audio is working on Stadia and Fox channels.

I have no sound on any channel except for Thai Rath.

Can't see anything obviously amiss on the settings.

Will try a reboot see if that works.

hopefully i shall be up and running by tonight,no new box from CTH,NO KU DISH,ALL SET UP WITH FIBER OPTIC CABLE,looking forward to the UCL,EXPECIALLY ROMA VS REAL MADRID,AND PSG VS CHELSEA,and not forgetting the 6nations RUGBY.

how is that going to work TAFF? TRUE VISIONS ARE COMING TODAY.biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Sounds like if you have decent wifi then you might be better to take the route some of took this weekend of putting our shitty CTH/GMMZ problems behind us, getting ilikehd and connecting computer to tv and it was great...loads of CTH football..rugby on BBC..rugby on Astro..etc. I took the 250 baht sports package and 200 baht uk tv package for a month.Im also supposed to be getting a new box this week from GMMZ and my 120 day original subscription will need re subscribing on the 20th but I now think not to bother, just keep Truevisions for the family and use ilikeHD for my football.

]

Sounds like if you have decent wifi then you might be better to take the route some of took this weekend of putting our shitty CTH/GMMZ problems behind us, getting ilikehd and connecting computer to tv and it was great...loads of CTH football..rugby on BBC..rugby on Astro..etc. I took the 250 baht sports package and 200 baht uk tv package for a month.Im also supposed to be getting a new box this week from GMMZ and my 120 day original subscription will need re subscribing on the 20th but I now think not to bother, just keep Truevisions for the family and use ilikeHD for my football.

]

well BB.there's never a dull moment here,the fitter turned up with the work sheet,to fix a frigging internet cable.cant fix fibre cable tooooooooo far away it will have to be a dish. OK go ahead,so sorry you have to have a dish fitter,WHEN? i will let you know.get a call from a 3rd.party,wife tells him NO your not a TRUE FITTER.

so today we have another go.

still waiting for our CTH boxes.or 17months refund.and compensation.

This may not help the football and pay TV fans but did a reprogram of GMMZ HD box last night and today was going through channels and find a large number of new stations available - no list published that I know of but up channel experience much better than the old "pay us for program" that half had previously shown - now none of that and almost all channels seem to be active. Believe will be even more popular for Thai free/advertising paid customers.

This may not help the football and pay TV fans but did a reprogram of GMMZ HD box last night and today was going through channels and find a large number of new stations available - no list published that I know of but up channel experience much better than the old "pay us for program" that half had previously shown - now none of that and almost all channels seem to be active. Believe will be even more popular for Thai free/advertising paid customers.

Is that the "9988" command and is it on KU band? Thanks