GMM-Z Pay TV: package termination/ service ending message?

partington

I just received the replacement box from CTH today, Sunday at 15:00. My location is between Buriram and Krasang. The van had GMMZ markings and appears to be delivering to further addresses in this area.

I connected up the new box and had to call 1619 to activate the top up channels. Football now back on and was informed that I have 1 years subscription. Result!

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now for the problems I have found so far:

No entitlement to watch Sky. News and Fox News. No English on FX HD and some other channels. I'm sure there will be more

Edit: They have told me Sky News and Fox news is not available. Also the signal is poor on many channels so would probably need the dish adjusting. I may be telling them to take the box back if I can get a refund back. Not a result.

Edited by Linesy

It's all very confusing and badly handled by CTH and GMMZ...Truevisions must be pissing themselves.

We fell out with CTH in October. Then bought a GMMZ HD Box with a package for b3000. Package is Beyond CTH for 120 days (till 21 Feb). As Beyond CTH costs b999/month, thats effectively 4 months for 3 months with the GMMZ box for free...so we did ok. Now it's no good to us as all the western channels/Premier have gone today, so the GMMZ box will go in the cupboard with the CTH box.

So now it's back to the drawing board.

We have Truevisions Gold so the family is ok, so I just need to sort out the Premier (via internet/wifi) for me.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

I just received the replacement box from CTH today, Sunday at 15:00. My location is between Buriram and Krasang. The van had GMMZ markings and appears to be delivering to further addresses in this area.

I connected up the new box and had to call 1619 to activate the top up channels. Football now back on and was informed that I have 1 years subscription. Result!

Same for me in Phuket - a free one years' subscription on a CTH box delivered after they cut off Rawai cable in November.

A second box lasted two months free, now shows only the crap free channels, and I've tried twice to get through to their helpline to find out how to give them money to re-activate the box but have given up both times after 15 - 20 minutes on hold.

I hope True do a deal with BeIN to show the English footie and then CTH can burn in h3ll, just like their two set-top boxes will in my garden this summer.

No entitlement to watch Sky. News and Fox News. No English on FX HD and some other channels. I'm sure there will be more

Edit: They have told me Sky News and Fox news is not available. Also the signal is poor on many channels so would probably need the dish adjusting. I may be telling them to take the box back if I can get a refund back. Not a result.

I get Sky News on channel 850, Fox News on 801, FX HD on 300.

Have you got that incredibly crappy little remote? Try the green "Audio" button - sometimes you get English on the Thai setting and vice versa. rolleyes.gif

Edited by JetsetBkk

Same for me in Phuket - a free one years' subscription on a CTH box delivered after they cut off Rawai cable in November.

A second box lasted two months free, now shows only the crap free channels, and I've tried twice to get through to their helpline to find out how to give them money to re-activate the box but have given up both times after 15 - 20 minutes on hold.

I hope True do a deal with BeIN to show the English footie and then CTH can burn in h3ll, just like their two set-top boxes will in my garden this summer.

i got 3 gmmz boxes i will keep the one for free channels,which has true 4u,pptv,and FA CUP on bbtv,chnl.8 sunday night muay thai. PSI DISH.

so you can have my 2boxes IF they arrive.

Have you got that incredibly crappy little remote? Try the green "Audio" button - sometimes you get English on the Thai setting and vice versa. rolleyes.gif

I have now been told I am not entitled to have Sky New even though I told them I had Sky News with the Beyond CTHZ package.

Jetsetbkk: Are you an existing CTH customer or what appears to be a discriminated against former GMMZ victim? I was also a former victim of CTH.

As for audio like many I have had all the boxes and know how to select and change. FX HD only has one selection on the green button and that is Thai and outputs in Thai.

The manager is supposed to be calling me today as I have complained about the loss of channels but we now resistance is futile!

one post Edited and Quoted Replies removed

Forum Rule - 26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

Got my new box by motorcycle courier at 17.00 today following an earlier telephone call checking I would be home here in Hua Hin. Set it up and got through to 1619 after holding for an hour to get the Stadium channels authorised and one year free confirmed. Not sure if the box delivered today replaces my CTH cable box or my GMM Z box and the call centre couldn't tell me !

I have now been told I am not entitled to have Sky New even though I told them I had Sky News with the Beyond CTHZ package.

Jetsetbkk: Are you an existing CTH customer or what appears to be a discriminated against former GMMZ victim? I was also a former victim of CTH.

As for audio like many I have had all the boxes and know how to select and change. FX HD only has one selection on the green button and that is Thai and outputs in Thai.

The manager is supposed to be calling me today as I have complained about the loss of channels but we now resistance is futile!

Linesy: I was a former CTH cable customer with a CTH cable box and remote control. I know very little about GMMZ other than some channels had or have the GMMZ name associated with them - maybe a logo on the screen.

The old CTH box's remote was almost as big as the Truevisions remote. But the new CTH remote is tiny, with tiny buttons and lettering:

post-35489-0-60793300-1454930278_thumb.j

The little green button on the new small remote is the one for audio, but I just checked FX-HD (Ch 300) and it is only in Thai. I could have sworn it had both Thai and English yesterday.

To clarify I was originally a CTH cable customer who signed up and paid for 3 years but never received the CTH satellite box I was promised on 26 October. I then bought a GMM Z box in order to get the EPL and paid 6 months in advance. When I learned about the 6 February cut off I sent two separate emails to CTH in respect of the CTH cable account and the GMM Z account. I received one box today which mentions GMM on the receipted invoice but the call centre could not say for certain whether today's box was in respect of my CTH or GMM Z account.

Update: For those that eventually receive a CTH SATELLITE box to replace their deactivated GMMZ SATELLITE box (not cable or any other scenario as per the OP and yes this topic is getting unnecessarily confused by cable subscribers and existing CTH customers):

The box I received has "Beyond CTHZ 365 days" written on the cardboard box so yes 1 year subscription.

My current annual Beyond CTHZ package with GMMZ was due to expire July 2016.

This package included Sky News, Fox News, Fox Sports News as well as the Football.

As mentioned I no longer have entitlement to watch Sky News and Fox news, football still OK.

I complained and was told by CTH that theses channels are not included in the "Beyond CTHZ" package with CTH.???

A manager was supposed to call me yesterday following 2 previous calls to 1619 but no further contact has been made.

Edited by Linesy

Well this story says 80,000 boxes have been replaced, so where the f$%^% is mine?

EDIT: rather a pointless post I know...still glad to read that CTH may be getting fined 12million B plus 100,000B per day for this. Although that will hasten them eventually going out of business, as I think they probably will soon...

Edited by partington

CTH are not including SKY News, FOX News and FOX Sports News in their new packages hence why I have not got them in my Beyond CTHZ package on the new CTH box.

They hinted that as "special compensation" and possibly my whining that they will add them back for the former GMMZ customers.

However this may be short lived as they also said that they will be pulling these channels from ALL CTH subscribers shortly hence not including in new packages.

I opened a thread around this time last year when they first removed these channels so perhaps they only paid for 1 year to broadcast them!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/803857-GMMZ-Satellite---Sky-News-Channel

If you want English News Channels you may need to look else where.

Edited by Linesy

I read the fine as 2 million if imposed. And see no mention of needing to access a different bird or freq band for those that actually receive a replacement.

My mistake- I misread it. I suppose I subconsciously couldn't believe a real fine for this kind of business malpractice would be as little as £40,000/$60,000. That will certainly make them tremble.

CTH are not including SKY News, FOX News and FOX Sports News in their new packages hence why I have not got them in my Beyond CTHZ package on the new CTH box.

They hinted that as "special compensation" and possibly my whining that they will add them back for the former GMMZ customers.

However this may be short lived as they also said that they will be pulling these channels from ALL CTH subscribers shortly hence not including in new packages.

I opened a thread around this time last year when they first removed these channels so perhaps they only paid for 1 year to broadcast them!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/803857-GMMZ-Satellite---Sky-News-Channel

I've searched for the last 25 minutes on the CTH website and can't find a list of channels that is included in the "beyond CTH" package. Do you know where there's a list? It's not on their Facebook page either( that I can see anyway...)

I am sooo confused.

We have the GMM Zip IP box, with the "Ultra or Beyond" package..cant remember..its just over 700 THB a month.

Sunday we lost all Fox channels and Starworld.

Called and got through just a short time ago, and told that they have not renewed the Fox contract, so all Fox affiliated broadcasts have now ceased, although we can still get the Stadium channels, (but how much longer ?)

So that's Fox Premium, HD and Action movies gone, (aside from the News and Sports).

That leaves us WB, Sony and Hits for farang viewing, (Hits has been spelled incorrectly and should have an "S" as the first letter !).

I thought this change was only going to affect satellite installations ?

We have been told they are figuring out some form of compensation, but as of yet, do not know what form this compensation will take.

He has promised to call us back.

Whilst I like to watch EPL, as my team is struggling to gain promotion, it is not as important as it could be, and now am not sure what options I have to try and obtain a package that offers suitable viewing,

This is being handled very badly...again....

MOT

I am sooo confused.

We have the GMM Zip IP box, with the "Ultra or Beyond" package..cant remember..its just over 700 THB a month.

Called and got through just a short time ago, and told that they have not renewed the Fox contract, so all Fox affiliated broadcasts have now ceased, although we can still get the Stadium channels, (but how much longer ?)

So that's Fox Premium, HD and Action movies gone, (aside from the News and Sports).

That leaves us WB, Sony and Hits for farang viewing, (Hits has been spelled incorrectly and should have an "S" as the first letter !).

We have been told they are figuring out some form of compensation, but as of yet, do not know what form this compensation will take.

Whilst I like to watch EPL, as my team is struggling to gain promotion, it is not as important as it could be, and now am not sure what options I have to try and obtain a package that offers suitable viewing,

MOT

I think they they forgot they had GMM ZIP IP users (Internet box) , were there any on screen messages warning of impending doom?

nobody has mentioned what kind of special compensation [refund], by sending out boxes and cutting all the main channels our packages wont be worth

sweet fanny adams,so could this be a ploy toooooooooooo piss off all of us into kicking them CTH into touch so then they can throw in the towel without paying for our lost service.

myself without all the fox channels what would replace them? i can only think of astro for sport,news,universal films ect.

I've searched for the last 25 minutes on the CTH website and can't find a list of channels that is included in the "beyond CTH" package. Do you know where there's a list? It's not on their Facebook page either( that I can see anyway...)

Google: Bangkok satellite

CTH Ready Box Ku Band

Google translate

1. Watch over 100 channels .

2. Watch digital TV with all the channels.

3. Update channels up automatically with OTA.

4. Supports BISS KEY

5. Support Services for additional channels of CTH.

6. Package Beyond CTH can get one month free

+ Canal list

Have a nice day

Google: Bangkok satellite

CTH Ready Box Ku Band

Google translate

1. Watch over 100 channels .

2. Watch digital TV with all the channels.

3. Update channels up automatically with OTA.

4. Supports BISS KEY

5. Support Services for additional channels of CTH.

6. Package Beyond CTH can get one month free

+ Canal list

Have a nice day

1-watch over 100channels all free to air.

2 nothing new.

3 bs.

4 ?

5 the plug has been pulled on them.

6 past its sell by date.

+ canal list over here its called a klong,where its all going.

have a nice day.

and if you havent noticed they are still advertising their gmmz.set top boxes.

Edited by meatboy

I am sooo confused.

MOT

I think they they forgot they had GMM ZIP IP users (Internet box) , were there any on screen messages warning of impending doom?

Only message was that confusing ticker about top up services going away. I

think I will end up using Kodi...cannot make head or tail on where I stand now..if Stadium goes away, then its 700+ baht for mainly Thai unwatchable programs..

I am sooo confused.

MOT

Only message was that confusing ticker about top up services going away. I

think I will end up using Kodi...cannot make head or tail on where I stand now..if Stadium goes away, then its 700+ baht for mainly Thai unwatchable programs..

tilaceer : Kodi addon "MR Network TV" has Stadiums 1 thru' 5 in HD but only in Thai. I shan't put any links here but PM me if you want more info and I'll try and oblige. (Just installed it this morning).