Huay Tung Tao now 50 baht for "foreign tourists"

taotoo

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would anyone want to go there it is a dump, with packs of dogs.

Hardly a dump.Nice for walking ,cycling or jogging around the lake . Dare i say to also exercise your dogs.There are few parks as such in Chiang Mai ,so i appreciate it very much .Even if it does go up to B50 ,its well worth it I.M.O.

Two choices

1. If you want to have a nice day at the lake, pay the fee asked and enjoy your day.

2. If you want to make a stand on ethics, fairness, principle or some other value, waste your time carrying on here or find a more effective route to pursue your ideals.

Two choices

1. If you want to have a nice day at the lake, pay the fee asked and enjoy your day.

2. If you want to make a stand on ethics, fairness, principle or some other value, waste your time carrying on here or find a more effective route to pursue your ideals.

You appear to be stating the obvious, unless you're suggesting that people are trying to change policy by posting on this thread (they're not).

So if you go over Doi Suthep you burn at least 100B in fuel with your Eco car or 50B with your scooter that will get dirty and/or scratched. I don't wash my car and I have a Diesel, so I would not mind. But I think it's just faster to drive straight in without any hassle biggrin.png

Hardly a dump.Nice for walking ,cycling or jogging around the lake . Dare i say to also exercise your dogs.There are few parks as such in Chiang Mai ,so i appreciate it very much .Even if it does go up to B50 ,its well worth it I.M.O.

That was the reason we were there, to exercise our dogs.But with so many packs of dogs there we changed our minds ,perhaps we went on a bad day but first impressions were not good.

Ok the average thai probably makes 12000 baht A month.i was making 200000 baht A month til I retired.Now I still have A 50000

Baht A month income.So for that I don't have any problem paying more.And when I go to A restaurant or taxi etc I give 15-20%

Tip.The average Thai don't make big money.I'm in their country I don't mind helping out.

That was the reason we were there, to exercise our dogs.But with so many packs of dogs there we changed our minds ,perhaps we went on a bad day but first impressions were not good.

I used bring my two Labrador there every second day ,and never had a problem with other dogs .

I don't like double pricing on principal but I really don't think one British Pound is expensive and certainly not worth inconveniencing a load of other people by holding up a queue or cheating by finding a free way in.

The day i have to start worrying about 1 GBP is the day I realise all my career and hard work led to zilch and I find quite a lot of farang, when they age, start to get stingy, grumpy and eccentric.