Dangerous Baht Buses In Pattaya Beware

SteveJames

i kind of understand you, but we cant put people out of work

what they supposed to do to support there family ? go on the rob ?

But we do need to raise the bar for safety reasons.

we also need to keep the guys in work wai2.gif

The idea is was proposing was they work half the hours for the same income as half of them tend to drive round empty most of the time, so no one is out of work, plus if they were to introduce other routes there would be more income, enforcing safety standards would make more work for others.

What other routes ? would they be profitable ?

if so why don't they do this now ?

i kind of think its unworkable.

Keep the volume of Baht buses.

We could have more official Baht bus ranks, not the ones they like to make up themselves, that block the traffic flow.

All double parking should result in clamp or tow , that would be good.

would love to see the locals cry on this one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please yes oh yes !"!!

Does anyone know if the baht bus fleet has increased in the last ten years,

looks about the same to me, but not sure, anyone, official figures ?

Still great value at 10 baht a ride, do we really want the likes of Samui and Phuket, 500 baht for a few hundred yards. Wishes to gf

And you can get a taxi in Bangkok for 35B...

Fact that you get ripped off in Samui and Phuket does not make Pattaya BB's a good bargain, fact is the BB's could earn more money working less hours by working defined routes, more routes, restricting the number of BB's working each rout at different time of the day.

If you reduce the number of BB's working there will be fewer driving around empty, less fuel wasted, less wear and tear on the vehicles, less pollution, less traffic congestion.

If they stop overloading of BB's there will be less wear and tear on the vehicles, less damage to the roads... just think what caused this accident in the first place??? overloading of the BB's or fast driving where passengers have to hold on to the roof bars all the time, as a result the retaining cleats get broken.

i kind of understand you, but we cant put people out of work

what they supposed to do to support there family ? go on the rob ?

But we do need to raise the bar for safety reasons.

we also need to keep the guys in work wai2.gif

The idea is was proposing was they work half the hours for the same income as half of them tend to drive round empty most of the time, so no one is out of work, plus if they were to introduce other routes there would be more income, enforcing safety standards would make more work for others.

You're basically wrong. Most of those you see empty are intentionally not taking on riders because they're seeking CHARTER FARES. And especially in high season, they find such customers. So they're buses and ALSO taxis.

Next ...

I have voiced an opinion on BB safety a while back, I talked about the "Tray" at the rear of the bus that frequently has several "Large passengers" standing on it, so, possibly up to a max. of 4, X a max of 120 kilos each = something approaching 500 kilos ! OK, lets say 400 kilos, all this supported on this flimsy metal tray badly electric welded with all of this weight transferred through the two supporting stays of about 15mm diameter with lugs welded at both ends and a 10mm bolt through them to link to the other lugs welded to the " cage" of the bus canopy. Can you imagine the stress on this contraption when the overloaded BB with it's worn rear shock absorbers bounces and speeds down Thapraya Road for example.

I very rarely use a BB, but if I did I would most certainly not stand on this deathtrap of a "tray".

I see these poor Russian tourists hanging on for dear life on the back of baht buses as they go from the Ambassador into Pattaya. Terrible way to treat your tourists. A proper bus would be sooooo easy to get going. Not much more expensive and for sure safer.

Hope your GF recovers quickly. A police report would be a good thing to do. She should also be compensated for lost income.

Have you not noticed the bus shelters along Beach? They have tried to start a proper bus service before, but with over 17,000 posts you must know why it will never happen sad.png .

A baht bus driver giving compensation!!!!!!!! Dream on. In the not so distant past, the only thing a baht bus driver would be giving would be a beating with an iron rod, and that was for arguing over 5 baht.

BTW I love hanging onto the back of a baht bus going really fast. Never get to enjoy that in the nanny state west.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

I see these poor Russian tourists hanging on for dear life on the back of baht buses as they go from the Ambassador into Pattaya. Terrible way to treat your tourists. A proper bus would be sooooo easy to get going. Not much more expensive and for sure safer.

Hope your GF recovers quickly. A police report would be a good thing to do. She should also be compensated for lost income.

Have you not noticed the bus shelters along Beach? They have tried to start a proper bus service before, but with over 17,000 posts you must know why it will never happen sad.png .

A baht bus driver giving compensation!!!!!!!! Dream on.

BTW I love hanging onto the back of a baht bus going really fast. Never get to enjoy that in the nanny state west.

I'm too old to hang on like that any more! laugh.png

Still great value at 10 baht a ride, do we really want the likes of Samui and Phuket, 500 baht for a few hundred yards. Wishes to gf

And you can get a taxi in Bangkok for 35B...

Fact that you get ripped off in Samui and Phuket does not make Pattaya BB's a good bargain, fact is the BB's could earn more money working less hours by working defined routes, more routes, restricting the number of BB's working each rout at different time of the day.

If you reduce the number of BB's working there will be fewer driving around empty, less fuel wasted, less wear and tear on the vehicles, less pollution, less traffic congestion.

If they stop overloading of BB's there will be less wear and tear on the vehicles, less damage to the roads... just think what caused this accident in the first place??? overloading of the BB's or fast driving where passengers have to hold on to the roof bars all the time, as a result the retaining cleats get broken.

What you complain of is just part of the rich tapestry of life in Pattaya and LOS. If you want them to be just like home, perhaps you are in the wrong country. I love it that there is no nanny state in LOS and we all have to be responsible for ourselves.

I say that as one that was hospitalised as a result of a Thai not looking where he was driving. Certainly, if LOS was safe and sensible, it would not be the one that I love, and I could just stay at home and be regulated to death.

Edited by thaibeachlovers