DPM visits Isaan provinces

webfact

DPM visits northeastern provinces

i.jpg

NAKHON RATCHASIMA, 11 January 2016 (NNT) – The Deputy Prime Minister has visited provinces in the lower-northeastern region on Sunday, addressing the government’s policies to government officials in the area.

The Deputy Prime Minister ACM Prajin Juntong today delivered his remarks to officials operating in the lower-northeastern region, namely from the provinces of Nakhon Ratchasima, Surin, Buriram, and Chaiyaphum, at Nakhon Ratchasima Provincial Hall Auditorium.

He said the government is aiming to develop infrastructure in the area including road connectivity, airports, and rail transport.

The government also encourages tourism activities in the ares that showcase the local livelihood to operate as both the learning center and selling point for local merchandises. Authorities have been working to provide better internet access through the Fiber Optic system, expected to cover all parts of Thailand by the end of this year.

The DPM mentioned that another concerning topic for the government is the garbage issue. In an attempt to reduce waste products, he said the government hopes that the public sector will use less Styrofoam and instead, opt for bio-degradable plastic.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-01-11 footer_n.gif

There is a saying in my country that I think applies here. "You can't reach an old dog new tricks." Getting the people of Issan or any other province is difficult to say the least because they oppose changing their lifestyles and don't understand or refuse to understand the need for it. Put a sofa in their living room and they will still sit on the floor.

Scores of welcoming crowds then, well at least a few in uniform.

Theres something seriously worrying and wrong with this whole scene actually.. nice background but surprising whistling.gif

Try reading the first line of the article.

The Deputy Prime Minister has visited provinces in the lower-northeastern region on Sunday, addressing the government’s policies to government officials in the area.

Did anyone offer him a calendar?

Stupid comment.

If you think so then ignore it - or are you indulging in a little bit of "stalking" eh "skywalker", after our little disagreement on another thread?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/883735-yingluck-receives-warm-welcome-in-khon-kaen/?p=10281793

You get disagreements Jag because day in day out near every post is negative to Thailand and the running of, do you not have anything to contribute to the country ??..........to do with agenda ??

I live in a small village in Buriram, we have NO telephone land lines, NO garbage collection, NO black top on sections of the road from the highway.

I shall report progress at the end of the year using broadband on my super fast fiber optic connection.

Are you blaming the PM about this, as there are 50,000 villages like yours neglected by the past government, who were for making the poor people rich----REMEMBER the words pre election SHINS statement.

Scores of welcoming crowds then, well at least a few in uniform.

Theres something seriously worrying and wrong with this whole scene actually.. nice background but surprising whistling.gif

Addressing LOCAL OFFICIALS , not a crowd greeting walk about in a local market receiving a handful of roses-RED ones'

Again not a "LOOK AT ME" I am still beautiful. ??

Stupid comment.

If you think so then ignore it - or are you indulging in a little bit of "stalking" eh "skywalker", after our little disagreement on another thread?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/883735-yingluck-receives-warm-welcome-in-khon-kaen/?p=10281793

You get disagreements Jag because day in day out near every post is negative to Thailand and the running of, do you not have anything to contribute to the country ??..........to do with agenda ??

and supporting a self-appointed government which abuses every article of the universal declaration of human rights is doing something positive for Thailand?

Well, then, carry on... coffee1.gif

Stupid comment.

I would suggest that I have, and do, contribute to the country. I am far from negative about this country, in fact I am rather optimistic about its future once democracy is restored, although less optimistic about how that will be achieved. I would agree that my contribution does not include an ecstatic approval or rabid enthusiasm for the current regime. I have explained my stance (agenda if you insist) clearly, regularly and consistently. Neither you nor "skywalker" have yet to come up with any coherent arguements to persuade me otherwise. His comment was not a disagreement, rather a reaction to seeing my name, I suspect for the reasons I outlined.

Yes I do get disagreements, and I argue them when appropriate, without resorting to abuse.

Edited by JAG

for a view of how the people in Isaan think about this government, have a look at information that comes from Isaan and not from Bangkok...

False Front Rings Familiar in the Northeast

I live UP HERE, your stronghold cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Not so much anymore, Where is BKK ?? Lived here 14 years city---villages---I have no need to lie, for what. I do not live on myths or has been regimes (SHINS). Today it is thriving in your strongholds not the message your giving.

I would suggest that I have, and do, contribute to the country. I am far from negative about this country, in fact I am rather optimistic about its future once democracy is restored, although less optimistic about how that will be achieved. I would agree that my contribution does not include an ecstatic approval or rabid enthusiasm for the current regime. I have explained my stance (agenda if you insist) clearly, regularly and consistently. Neither you nor "skywalker" have yet to come up with any coherent arguements to persuade me otherwise. His comment was not a disagreement, rather a reaction to seeing my name, I suspect for the reasons I outlined.

Yes I do get disagreements, and I argue them when appropriate, without resorting to abuse.

Good reply--BUT your posts are not indicating this. I and no one else is ecstatic about the situ, BUT it has to be said it is more stable than before and we all have hope, even if it is taking time to get on an even keel.

Should have photos of the DPM mingling with the crowd who came with flowers.

You not do this on official visits UNLIKE Yingluck who on official visits only visited OTOP shops to try to push her image for her brothers sake.

SO THIS was not the walk about -it was business to get counties to be better controlled--and spend wisely funds allocated---you see the cabnet now keeps records of transactions ---UNLIKE before they were rarely kept---a list I could give----the visits are positive not negative.

I live in a small village in Buriram, we have NO telephone land lines, NO garbage collection, NO black top on sections of the road from the highway.

I shall report progress at the end of the year using broadband on my super fast fiber optic connection.

Are you blaming the PM about this, as there are 50,000 villages like yours neglected by the past government, who were for making the poor people rich----REMEMBER the words pre election SHINS statement.

I have not attached blame to any party, simply the facts.

Particularly the fact that the DPM said we would have fiber optic connectivity within the year.

Good reply--BUT your posts are not indicating this. I and no one else is ecstatic about the situ, BUT it has to be said it is more stable than before and we all have hope, even if it is taking time to get on an even keel.

Well I suppose it could be argued that it is more stable in the short term, although I would suggest that a period of great instability is ahead in the medium term. As I said I am cautiously optimistic in the long term, although I doubt whether my ambitions for the country coincide with yours!

It also must be said that the people and organisations who worked so diligently to destabilise the previous (elected) government have ceased their destablising activities now that they have achieved their declared aim, the replacement of the elected government by one appointed by the military.

There is a saying in my country that I think applies here. "You can't reach an old dog new tricks." Getting the people of Issan or any other province is difficult to say the least because they oppose changing their lifestyles and don't understand or refuse to understand the need for it. Put a sofa in their living room and they will still sit on the floor.

I would argue that the people of Issan and the northern provinces are quite receptive to "new tricks". After all, they have repeatedly voted for governments which promise policies which will lead to educational, infrastructure, health care, agricultural and economic improvements and changes in their provinces.

These governments have (three times now?) been removed by the interests of established wealth and power, which are predominantly located in and around Bangkok. I feel if anyone is showing canine stubbornness in refusing new tricks it is the Bangkok power base.

I have not attached blame to any party, simply the facts.

Particularly the fact that the DPM said we would have fiber optic connectivity within the year.

OK I remember this, But then looking into what was happening prior, favours mix-ups--you name it, I can understand some of the reasons--bleeding headache

In Udon I have wi fi at home--supplied by True on line--still slow--690 baht a month home only. Heavy rain CUT------without prior notice cuts in the area, this is supposed to be up to date ?? these few who were allowed to operate under PTP are monopolizing the market.

No excuses for this PM---BUT I am aware much time is needed to repair a corrupt PTP government.

Ginjag in here doing his typical windmilling technique of anyone daring to criticize the junta.

I don't like this dinosaur regime and they are doing more to send Thailand backwards than any civilian government ever did. I know this because I don't drink their kool-aid.

I would argue that the people of Issan and the northern provinces are quite receptive to "new tricks". After all, they have repeatedly voted for governments which promise policies which will lead to educational, infrastructure, health care, agricultural and economic improvements and changes in their provinces.

These governments have (three times now?) been removed by the interests of established wealth and power, which are predominantly located in and around Bangkok. I feel if anyone is showing canine stubbornness in refusing new tricks it is the Bangkok power base.

Err, that is a very wordy way of saying they will vote for whoever pays them 500 Baht and, even if they rape the country via Sing Corp share sales and rice scheme scams etc they will STILL vote for them again if they pay another 500 Baht.

Less talk...more action.

This is another thing I keep seeing. NO 'government' of whatsoever stripe will do sod all unless and until those who disagree with a directive will change tack.FACT. But hey! Away with your's and everyone else's little rant, including the Thais. I've done it. 'Yes You Can!' biggrin.png

Err, that is a very wordy way of saying they will vote for whoever pays them 500 Baht and, even if they rape the country via Sing Corp share sales and rice scheme scams etc they will STILL vote for them again if they pay another 500 Baht.

Err no. It's a (perhaps wordy) way of saying that far from refusing new tricks, the Issan people have three times voted for governments which have promised to improve their lot, and have seen them removed three times (against their wishes). That is a simple fact.

The bit about Sing Corp share deals, rice scams and raping the country is your subjective view of events.