NRSA's Wanchai supports setting up of peace promotion committee

webfact

NRSA's Wanchai supports setting up of peace promotion committee

BANGKOK, 11 January 2016 (NNT) - A prominent member of the National Reform Steering Assembly has expressed his support for the setting up of a committee to promote peace in society.

Spokesman for the NRSA committee on political reform Wanchai Sornsiri, has advised that his committee members have agreed that national reconciliation remains a crucial issue which needs to be accomplished.

Mr. Wanchai stated that within the period of the current government, national reconciliation must be implemented successfully.

While recognizing that little time is available for the present administration to achieve its aims, Mr. Wanchai said that being unable to achieve reconciliation within the remaining time would amount to a failure of the military coup d’etat.

In addition, he said that the political reform committee is determined to help ensure honest and fair elections in Thailand while working on the promotion of reconciliation alongside similar efforts by the government and the National Council for Peace and Order.

Mr. Wanchai went on to show his support for the National Legislative Assembly’s plan to set up a committee in charge of peace promotion which he believes will help coordinate efforts by all organizations towards the same goal and success.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-01-11 footer_n.gif

I still havent the slightest idea what a reconciliation would consist of, I mean there is a simple solution which is to have a single party system or dictatorship but, despite the propaganda, you dont get the kind of reconciliation they seem to want in a genuine democracy. I really cant see elections happening here for many years.

Edited by phycokiller

This shows just out of touch these people are.

Red-shirts have been programmed to hate this 'elite' who I am certain most of them aren't even sure who they are. They are veiled as the 'rich people from Bangkok'. And most of their hate is rooted in jealousy because they perceive them as rich. It seems to extend right down to the normal Thai who works hard in an unforgiving environment simply because they were intelligent enough to escape village life by getting a degree and then a job in the big city.

Forget reconciliation for now. It isn't going to happen. And going by the level of comments from the red-shirts I see on here, they don't deserve the amount of effort being wasted on them. Especially after what their own party did to drive a massive wedge in Thai society. A DISGRACEFUL amnesty bill and THIRTY innocent protesters dead in over 90 grenade attacks by Thaksin's UDD terrorists.

The only way forward is political reform to prevent the farce where a fugitive controls a Parliament of dirty cronies and then free and fair elections. Maybe there is a very small chance that the next set will represent the people instead of their own pockets.

But it is a very small chance. A certain group of Thai's will still vote for whoever promises to give them the biggest handout once they are in power. I expect we will be going through this whole pantomime again in 10 years. And if the General in charge then does not love his country as much as Prayuth, you might well get the military dictatorship you pretend you have now.

Red-shirts have been programmed to hate this 'elite' who I am certain most of them aren't even sure who they are. They are veiled as the 'rich people from Bangkok'. And most of their hate is rooted in jealousy because they perceive them as rich. It seems to extend right down to the normal Thai who works hard in an unforgiving environment simply because they were intelligent enough to escape village life by getting a degree and then a job in the big city.

Forget reconciliation for now. It isn't going to happen. And going by the level of comments from the red-shirts I see on here, they don't deserve the amount of effort being wasted on them. Especially after what their own party did to drive a massive wedge in Thai society. A DISGRACEFUL amnesty bill and THIRTY innocent protesters dead in over 90 grenade attacks by Thaksin's UDD terrorists.

The only way forward is political reform to prevent the farce where a fugitive controls a Parliament of dirty cronies and then free and fair elections. Maybe there is a very small chance that the next set will represent the people instead of their own pockets.

But it is a very small chance. A certain group of Thai's will still vote for whoever promises to give them the biggest handout once they are in power. I expect we will be going through this whole pantomime again in 10 years. And if the General in charge then does not love his country as much as Prayuth, you might well get the military dictatorship you pretend you have now.

Speaking of people who are "programmed to hate this..."

"A certain group of Thais" commonly known as the voting majority in a democracy, will vote for whoever will benefit them most.

You of course, being EJ, would vote for those who benefit you least.....NOT. If you did, then you'd be dafter than I think you already are.

The rest of your rant is a figment of your imagination and isn't worth responding to.

While recognizing that little time is available for the present administration to achieve its aims, Mr. Wanchai said that being unable to achieve reconciliation within the remaining time would amount to a failure of the military coup d’etat.

was never their goal, hence it won't be their failure. coffee1.gif

you are always so sure of yourself, yet you remain stubbornly uninformed.

btw, here is one of your innocent protestors and one of your UDD terrorists. Can you tell who is who?

WO-AR119_THAILA_P_20140126181727.jpg