• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

TAT sets sights on Vietnamese, Indonesian tourists

webfact

TAT sets sights on Vietnamese, Indonesian tourists
Phuket Gazette

tat.jpeg
Anoma Wongyai, director of TAT Phuket, revealed the TAT's plans to target Vietnamese and Indonesian tourists. Photo: Chutharat Plerin

PHUKET: -- The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) recently announced its plans to promote Phuket’s image as a tourist destination in Vietnam and Indonesia.

Anoma Wongyai, director of TAT Phuket, touched on the positive response seen from tourists during this holiday season, with an 83 per cent increase in visitor numbers and 4.2 million baht of revenue generation.

“We now aim to target Asean markets, such as Vietnam and Indonesia, by holding international roadshows,” said Ms Anoma. “I think it will be instrumental in drawing larger numbers to Phuket.”

Ms Anoma noted that the direct route from Udon Thani makes it convenient to travel to Phuket, to some extent, for those who enjoy travelling to the island by car or bike.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/TAT-sets-sights-Vietnamese-Indonesian-tourists/62854?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-01-11

Why would Indonesians travel to Phuket. They have 1000X more beautiful and pristine islands in their own country.

Maybe the raunchy night life could attract the odd male "quality tourist".

I met an indo that came with his extended familly a couple weeks back. Whole hour, he didnt show me anything from thailand, just pictures from where hes from. I get why because every boring picture was amazing. Everytime i asked, is it really this empty? Is it really this clean? Where's the trash? Where's the lines of tourbus and the tourbus malls? Where's the fishing abuse? Always had a good answer. Governement/police protect this, we dont allow it etc etc.