City-dwellers: What do you travel to Dark Side for?

Hal65

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've lived here on the Darkside for 9 years. The options for food and entertainment (of all kinds) have grown tremendously in that time. But there's really nothing here that you can't find on the west side Sukhumvit. What has changed in the years that I've been here is that there is now not much that you can't find here, that's available on the west side - except unbearable traffic, and a much greater number of aggressive ladyboys and drunks, ripoffs, and higher prices.

The London Pie Company and Expat Food Shop. Oh yes, and the Water Authority on occasion too. And sometimes just to have a quiet drive around somewhere different. Some nice houses and villages over there, but I prefer living five minutes from Walking Street myself.

The location in 2nd road must be so much better.

Maybe I should move?

maybe you should....

Where on 2nd road is that?

Super secret location.

Pretty hard to give a location on 2nd road if it doesn't exist.

I have met a few more beach-siders over here this year, particularly at Murphy's Pub on Khao Noi and Lucky Time on Nern Pub Wan. Overall, Thai and foreign folks are much nicer. And prices are cheaper. I just had a full service on the moto. 190 baht. Even I was taken aback. But I don't recommend coming over here. It takes 4.5 hours roundtrip. The only u-turn is in Samut Prakan. whistling.gif

In your own country, do you ever go to the projects, council estates or social housing areas?

Spoken like someone who has never set foot on the dark side, but prefers the high class atmosphere of Soi 6.

Edited by giddyup

I've never been to a bar in W Patts that had cold refreshments for 50 baht, excluding happy hour or other special promotions. Several bars on this side offer much cheaper entertainment too! But by all means, keep to your side and I'll keep to mine!

There is nothing city dwellers could want over here , its awful , best you all stay over that side and keep the tourists there as wellwhistling.gif

Indeed, tropical diseases fatal to city slickers are rampant. Stay where you are (pretty please with a cherry on the top).

I've never been to a bar in W Patts that had cold refreshments for 50 baht, excluding happy hour or other special promotions. Several bars on this side offer much cheaper entertainment too! But by all means, keep to your side and I'll keep to mine!

There,s a bar on soi 10 off third road where that "cold refreshment" is just 40 baht all the time,also on 3rd road a large Archa is 50 baht............and bloody cold too and when its dark we have street lighting also cheesy.gif

The location in 2nd road must be so much better.

Maybe I should move?

maybe you should....

That's not 2nd Road!

Is that the communal pool to the block of flats Condo next to the fish restaurant in north Nakluea

I sometimes go to the dark side for Sunday lunch in various places, or occasionally to Indian Roots, or even less frequently to some other restaurants. Apart from that I dont see much point going there, at least not to the built-up parts. The lake is nice to look at and drive around.

in a recent survey 99 out of 100 plus or minus 3% the results are

living in issan - married no money fat wife

living on the dark side - married has money wife looks ok

living 10 min from walking st. - single and whore monger

It only takes me 5 minutes to get to Walking Street sir.