National Statistical Office to conduct new population survey

webfact

National Statistical Office to conduct new population survey

BANGKOK, 13 January 2016 (NNT) - The National Statistical Office is preparing to conduct its official survey of population changes between 2015 and 2016. The survey process will last from January 22 to March 10 this year.

Director of the National Statistics Office Wilailuck Chulewatanakul said her office will conduct its eighth survey of population changes to collect important data that affects infrastructure capacities and the distribution of the population, such as birth, death and migration. The results will inform government policies to reflect the demographic and social development of the country.

The project will interview all households using an electronic survey on tablet devices for fast and easy processing. Residents are asked to provide accurate information to the authorities during the survey period of January 22 to March 10 this year.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-01-13 footer_n.gif

Included in these surveys is the distribution of the population and where everyone lives, give or take ten million , this should indicate to the government statistician how much needs to be allocated for water supplies the survey should not be confined only for schools , police stations , roads etc.............................coffee1.gif

The project will interview all households using an electronic survey on tablet devices for fast and easy processing.

They will surely get a 99% response rate for the old, poor and retired people with no access to electronic devices...

Also a good idea to get more accurate statistics on the blind population..

The project will interview all households using an electronic survey on tablet devices for fast and easy processing.

They will surely get a 99% response rate for the old, poor and retired people with no access to electronic devices...

Maybe what they mean is that survey officials will visit each residence but use a survey on a tablet vs on paper to collect/input the info. The tablet might even have mobile data connectivity which immediately uploads the data collected to govt servers.

the people conducting the survey will record answers on their own "tablet devices". not the people answering the questions. instead of interviewers writing responses to questions on paper. far less work.

It will take 20,000 people to survey the whole country. Every home and every business needs to be visited. As some businesses people live above.

The last survey for Bangkok Stated 9 -12 million people. Why bother !

And I bet the margin of error in their "survey" will be along the lines of 20%, making any data they collect less than worthless.

Given the infrastructure and governmental inefficiency, there's no way in hell they could organise to visit every "house" in Thailand.

Dollars to donuts they don't knock on my door, and I have three Thai nationals living here.

Actually, I'd love to know what questions they will be asking to see if they are collecting any useful data, or will the questions be along the lines of:

Q1. How many times do you eat somtam each week? facepalm.gif

And I bet the margin of error in their "survey" will be along the lines of 20%, making any data they collect less than worthless.

Given the infrastructure and governmental inefficiency, there's no way in hell they could organise to visit every "house" in Thailand.

Dollars to donuts they don't knock on my door, and I have three Thai nationals living here.

Actually, I'd love to know what questions they will be asking to see if they are collecting any useful data, or will the questions be along the lines of:

Q1. How many times do you eat somtam each week? facepalm.gif

Or more specifically, age, occupation and current salary wink.png