Extending Travel Insurance Update

POMCHOB

A while back i asked about extending Travel Insurance i am a UK citizen

I did get back to contacting my original Insurance company

one adviser explained i cannot extend Travel insurance from Thailand, They can only insure for 92 days in Total ( i would of had 72 days by mid Jan)meaning i would of had 72 out of 92 days Max

Got cut off on the phone call and the next adviser explained no problem can do it!But this adviser i was told was new and didn't understand the rules.

Went ahead for them to contact Underwriter, couple of days later they offered me and a Couple of weeks extra coverage with Admin Fees on top.

I was advised to use a company in Pattaya who are highly recommended on this Forum.

But they have advised me that as i would of had 72 days in total by mid Jan they could not extend it.

I was wondering if anyone has had a situation similar to this and had to leave for another close country and then applied outside Thailand?

So the coverage could to start from scatch with another Travel Insurance company?

I understand people on the forum will say it can only be purchased in the UK.

But i was wondering if there are any other options that exists for the extra 60 days i need to stay in Thailand.

I have a single entry Non O marriage Visa 90 days (but may be able to get a permit for leaving the Country to extend it)

I would appreciate any serious replies

Thank-you

I would suggest you do a search and find another Ins. Co.

I get 0ne year cover (from Australian Co.) and can renew for a further year without leaving Thailand with a "Returning Resident" cover.

Surely the UK can't be that different?

Sounds very confusing and therefore a bit of a worry.

I would contact Pacific Cross. I do if I want to understand insurance issues more clearly or need advice.

They always answer, and speak English too!

Call +66 2 401 9189 or [email protected]

Good luck...

I would contact Pacific Cross. I do if I want to understand insurance issues more clearly or need advice.

Good luck...

A sponsor saying they would contact themselves to understand better.........facepalm.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck...

No

Not Confusing at all you should know the answer to my Post as a qualified Insurance company, that's whats confusing to me!

I found out on my own there's a very simple solution If you would like to understand Insurance policy issues please read my post on

"Solution for Difficulty in Extending Travel Insurance Within Thailand"

POMCHOB

HCC charges 5 dollar fee to extend, or you can just get a new policy, and don't have to be in your country. Rules are easiest for US Citizens. Can extend up to 364 days, then just get a new policy. They are rated A+ by AM Best. www.hcc.com

I just called WorldNomads....first, their Explorer plan is only good for 100K USD...but the evacuation part seems good. So the needs of a Canadian are quite different than an American, who doesn't have a primary insurer. Second, they do not offer any direct payment to hospitals,,,so you know what that means....While I was on hold, I extended my www.hcc.com (Tokio Marine) plan for 106 days for 392 USD, I'm early 50s. They offer direct payment to a long list of hospitals in Thailand. But, it can be purchased from a foreign country, after your trip has started, and they don't care if you are basically living there, like I am. I think if you only want 100K...that you could use IMG or HCC.....BTW, 100K in Life Insurance....1 million usd in coverage, 100 usd deductible....250 for a hurt tooth (no deductible), and 10K in personal liability....motorsai is OK.

Edited by bangmai