5-year Bar closure warning issued at Pattaya Police meeting with bar operators

webfact

5-year Bar closure warning issued at Pattaya Police meeting with bar operators

meet-1.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- A meeting was held at Pattaya Police Station on Wednesday Afternoon led by the Provincial Police Commander, who warned Pattaya Bar Owners and Managers that if they or their venue breaks the law they will be closed for 5 years.

The warning was given by Police Major General Ampon, following the recent Facebook video of an assault of a French Tourist on Walking Street. Those who attended the meeting were told that under no circumstances will violence towards patrons be tolerated, despite the level of aggression they show towards the Bar and their staff.

In addition, any bar found to admit customers under the age of 20 or employ staff under the age of 20 or if any illegal drugs are found inside their respective venue, the 5-year closure order will be imposed.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/220719/5-year-bar-closure-warning-issued-at-pattaya-police-meeting-with-bar-operators/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-01-14

I like what Major General Ampon is saying though I think that there should be consequences for yobs causing trouble in bars.

Yes i like what his saying.

But that's the point , Talk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like the usual Fan fair and big show lots of puffing up of feathers.

And wait for it, and wait for it, and wait for it, and wait for it , on and on and on.

only time will tell, hope im wrong, coffee1.gif

A 5 year Ban on any business is just stupid. crazy.gif

As to violence towards Tourists, nothing will change until the perpetrators

get locked up for a year or so, that never happens. coffee1.gif

So.. you really think that locking up some expendable thug imported from the fields is going to change anything, over actually hitting the owners in their pocket?

I'd say the latter is a lot more effective. smile.png

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

So.. you really think that locking up some expendable thug imported from the fields is going to change anything, over actually hitting the owners in their pocket?

Yep, Police closing any business for 5 years is dumb.

Putting people in jail and fining the company will help.

But your the type that will never get that.

Have a nice day in the clouds.

Edited by onemorechang

Strange, I have always been under the impression that the legal minimum age to be in a bar was 18 ! and that is for the employees :) I guess we will all have to start carrying around our birth certificates :( If the main aim is for the protection of customers, great stuff, but I would have thought that a 6 months closure would be more than adequate to deter violence from the bouncers.

Can you name me any business that has been punished for the act of one of its employees in your country? Why should Thailand be different?

The full story (see link) says that an individual police officer will be assigned to each bar. Grief! Just how big IS the Pattay police force? And is this really a sensible deployment of resource?

Wrong approach, if the same cop comes to check every time this just opens the door for collusion.

This is why many major companies continuously change their purchasing staff and regularly change the external audit company.

Can you name me any business that has been punished for the act of one of its employees in your country? Why should Thailand be different?

The question is really....Can a person name any country where the employees attack and maim people as they do in Thailand?

When the company owners allow their employees to attack and assault patrons as seems to be a growing concern here, someone has to get tough and do something about it. Read into this....5 years means the business will be shut down. Good! Plenty of other friendly other establishments that dont have thugs working in them.

Edited by 2fishin2

Five year ban is nothing ?? Not sure if you have ever had your own business ? Five Years with no money coming in and still paying rent, and other fixed costs = Bankrupt ! The question is will the police really do it ?

"...under no circumstances will violence towards patrons be tolerated, despite the level of aggression they show towards the Bar and their staff."

So, some drunken moron can now start any sort of trouble and beat up on as many employees as they want without repercussions?

Perhaps this needs to be thought through a bit more......

You're Welcome!! smile.png

Well, there are too many in the world to name ....have you heard about this concept?? Tort Law:

A body of rights, obligations, and remedies that is applied by courts in civil proceedings to provide relief for persons who have suffered harm from the wrongful acts of others. The person who sustains injury or suffers pecuniary damage as the result of tortious conduct is known as the plaintiff, and the person who is responsible for inflicting the injury and incurs liability for the damage is known as the defendant or tortfeasor.

Three elements must be established in every tort action. First, the plaintiff must establish that the defendant was under a legal duty to act in a particular fashion. Second, the plaintiff must demonstrate that the defendant breached this duty by failing to conform his or her behavior accordingly. Third, the plaintiff must prove that he suffered injury or loss as a direct result of the defendant's breach.

Amazing how the police make the rules here. Sounds like no court even just close down!!

Yes. Deciding punishment is outside his authority. Doesnt matter because it will be all talk, no action, just a media announcement opportunity to pretend they care anyway.

Well, there are too many in the world to name ....have you heard about this concept?? Tort Law:

A body of rights, obligations, and remedies that is applied by courts in civil proceedings to provide relief for persons who have suffered harm from the wrongful acts of others. The person who sustains injury or suffers pecuniary damage as the result of tortious conduct is known as the plaintiff, and the person who is responsible for inflicting the injury and incurs liability for the damage is known as the defendant or tortfeasor.

Three elements must be established in every tort action. First, the plaintiff must establish that the defendant was under a legal duty to act in a particular fashion. Second, the plaintiff must demonstrate that the defendant breached this duty by failing to conform his or her behavior accordingly. Third, the plaintiff must prove that he suffered injury or loss as a direct result of the defendant's breach.

Duty of care, Thailand, very funny!

Five year ban is nothing ?? Not sure if you have ever had your own business ? Five Years with no money coming in and still paying rent, and other fixed costs = Bankrupt ! The question is will the police really do it ?

Do you honestly think the owner will continue to pay rent?

You can't be that naive......

I kind of think a five year ban, means go round the corner and open up

new business doing the same with the same staff.

That showed them bad owners !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! coffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

Better way.

Temporary close ( couple of weeks ) , large fine employers, Fine and imprison violent staff.

This will never happen. it requires effort, cant be doing that in Pattaya.

Photo ops are much much better idea and more fun coffee1.gif

Edited by onemorechang

"The General stressed that security cameras at their venue should cover the interior and exterior and must be in working order at all times"

How is that going to help?

During an investigation into a recent double murder case on Koh Tao, the bar owner simply refused to comply with police and turn over CCTV footage.

Claiming it was his private property... wai2.gif

Edited by iReason

I understood the legal age to work in a bar was 18 but those below 20 were not allowed to

drink alcohol. Not really sure now. I also thought that laws were more recommendations than

a hard line. For those with money that is. tongue.png

Edited by Ulic