Anonymous shuts down 297 Thai court websites

webfact

The authorities are bluffing (a polite way of putting it) in what they say they know. They know the IP addresses my #@$. All they know are anonymous proxies the hackers used which doesn't tell them squat.

"...He said the Court of Justice would consider legal action against the hackers..."

cheesy.gif There is no way they could ever find out who they are and if by chance they lucked out they couldn't prove it. What a complete waste of breath.

I agree, but their statements (to them at least) make them sound important and knowledgeable. And they think it "saves face". Yeah, right.

"Yeahhh but we win because we will sue them!'

"Sue who?"

"You know.......'them'...."

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything that keeps the story in the headlines is good. The louder the voices the more chance of justice. (however I won't hold my breath)

PM P. will just order to shut down our beloved network, problem solved, youth paranoia epidemic guaranteed though...

In other words, Thai are saying: "Please leave us alone!"

Their threats of legal actions against the hackers is nothing more than empty rhetoric, as their laws don't mean diddly squat outside of Thailand.

"their threats" are just made for the happiness of Thai peoples to let them know all is well and under control cheesy.gif

When the authorities have finished prosecuting the machine (there will be no human attached to it) will they throw the machine in jail to show how successful the authorities are? blink.png

Forget attitude adjustment (or a song), a good dose of REALITY may be more appropriate!

"Lot's a people talkin' few of them know..."

For those saying "denial of service", "superficial inconvenience", "amateurish" and "protest" are the only results of this, I suggest you do a little more research.

Extensive legal records and employee lists have been obtained.

This is just the beginning.

Individuals next, I would imagine...

http://pastebin.com/UpS1pgjR

Edited by iReason

so anybody in jail awaiting a court appearence will stay in jail now, well done dickheads

But he assured that the hacking only blocked outsiders from visiting the websites while internal systems linking the Office of the Court of Justice and internal organisations continued to operate.

But some people don't or can't read...

In recent reports about the govt and the internet wasn't it stated that a new cyber unit had been created and the govt was ready for anything prompting some members to post that it was a dangerous thing to say as Anonymous was likely to respond to the challenge and it seems has done so.

Incidentally there's a story circulating, not officially, that recently Anonymous successfully hacked some Bkk police stations computer systems.

Was true, 14 sites in all with the Anonymous face pic and #BoycottThailand by Myanmar Black Hats, saw it myself and posted a thread, was shut immediately but was covered in a lot of press like Bangkok post, etc,

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1451976348

Edited by Moonsterk

The authorities are bluffing (a polite way of putting it) in what they say they know. They know the IP addresses my #@$. All they know are anonymous proxies the hackers used which doesn't tell them squat.

"...He said the Court of Justice would consider legal action against the hackers..."

cheesy.gif There is no way they could ever find out who they are and if by chance they lucked out they couldn't prove it. What a complete waste of breath.

Never mind getting all technical about anonymous proxies, it's easier just to sit in Starbucks and use their free wifi as a base for the ddos.

Expect all Starbucks managers to be arrested soon......

Most Thai govt websites are non-functional and/or non-interactional, often just glorified Facebook pages. Thailand is not an online society in terms of govt-to-population interface. The effect of this hack protest will be limited.

Whilst this is true (almost all government/police departments here use Facebook), those having had their personal details exposed will be none too pleased. As another poster pointed out, a hack showing 'unusual wealth' would have them peeing their pants biggrin.png

"But he assured that the hacking only blocked outsiders from visiting the websites while internal systems linking the Office of the Court of Justice and internal organisations continued to operate."

This is a shot across their bows. The next step will be to hit their internal facing services, and then they'll've had it.

They're going to get a lot more where that came from and the humiliation will just increase and increase as they've got zero way of knowing what to do. I wonder when they say they've done this from abroad if that's true or they've just given the impression that that's what's happened? It strikes me that you could do this from here across the road from the server and they'd be none the wiser and then you could rub this in their faces as well.

I think the hackers will exploit any weaknesses and will know that the culture here is based on lying on lying on lying, and the respondents' pretending not to notice, pretending not to notice and pretending not to notice. As soon as you're out of that vacuum, the whole thing becomes an unrepairable disaster.

In recent reports about the govt and the internet wasn't it stated that a new cyber unit had been created and the govt was ready for anything prompting some members to post that it was a dangerous thing to say as Anonymous was likely to respond to the challenge and it seems has done so.

Incidentally there's a story circulating, not officially, that recently Anonymous successfully hacked some Bkk police stations computer systems.

"Hacked", as in walked in and changed the logon passwords when they were all asleep or extracting sex bribes out of local prostitutes in side rooms.

I'm looking forward to the headline. PM signs executive order to immediately remove all comfy sofas out of the chief's office under penalty of those found flouting the rules to be punished by removing them when they've woken up.

I hope a lot of senior people in Thailand don't do their "comission" agrements by email.

You're being sarcastic aren't you? Of course they do. They'll be totally f*cked if they get anyone who speaks Thai to go through them. They have no idea about computers and what problems can happen if you're not careful. They have zero concept of themselves being monitored, as they don't monitor the populous yet, as most countries do as standard.

This could be really serious.

why do Thai courts need 297 websites?

They'll probably be quite happy right now. They've outcrafted the crafty foreigner, by allowing them to do the hard work in finding all of their websites for them. This may be short lived, but if I'd had to find that many and they're all seperate, I'd not stop with making them hard to log onto by locals who probably don't bother trying I'm certain.

Anonymous is part of the CIA, so everytime Thailand doesn't claim this, they're consenting to further breaches of diplomatic protocols at minimum and serious acts of destabilisation at worst. It's a bullying tactic and it's going to get worse and worse, and then they'll be given the choice of doing whatever they've been told to do and maybe they're more likely to say yes. This is obviously why they've changed the law to draft all those military personnel. They've already accepted that they're beaten and they just have to play it down to the public.

Note the stepped up gender bending stories, as Hungarian George always trys to squeeze in. Then, there'll be ridicule of the institutions, which for some reason won't be punished despite being illegal. This is textbook subversion. Keeping the people ignorant's the stance of all ruling powers in all countries, but here it's backfired as they're so confused about what they can and can't say, they just don't say anything, and even if it became legal overnight, they'd struggle to work out what best to do for a couple of generations, which will be thirty years' too late obviously.

In other words, Thai are saying: "Please leave us alone!"

Their threats of legal actions against the hackers is nothing more than empty rhetoric, as their laws don't mean diddly squat outside of Thailand.

Their threats aren't meant to mean diddly squat outside of Thailand, they are an attempt to save face inside Thailand.

"The group also claimed that they are planning to release “a huge leak of all Thai officials involved in corruption in Thai Courts.”

whistling.gif

http://prachatai.org/english/node/5768?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+prachataienglish+(Prachatai+in+English)

Must be a lot of underwear turning brown in LOS today.

"They have their Management System for all officials / Payroll Slip / Pension / Budget & Planning, Crime Case System and many more with them."

"We have taken all of database of Justice Net after attack. Supreme Court of Thailand page is now building from the scratch after moving to new server, all other province courts of Thailand sites are still inaccessible."

"Thailand Judicial Management Database, which contains all of internal information such as staff info, their private phone numbers, their names, attendances entries and more."

https://ghostbin.com/paste/u4ejz/raw

post-206952-0-32787800-1452798491_thumb.

Edited by iReason

I also think the Thai authorities saying they will sue Laura and charge any hackers is merely face-saving for consumption within Thailand's borders. Problem for them is, since they can't keep their silly mouths shut their childish "I'll do this and I'll do that" mantra may result in their being truly exposed, and frankly, it's the least they deserve.

What a wonderful day it would be if suddenly there appeared the private dealings of the corrupt displayed on official websites. Putting the Anonymous face on websites isn't really going to achieve anything more than the inconvenience of getting the sites' content back.

Anonymous must understand how Thai face-saving works: they don't care a jot how they are perceived outside Thailand because outside Thailand barely exists and is full of insignificant non-Thais. The key is to affect the average Thai's perception of their masters and do it incontrovertibly. In simple terms, only the direct exposing of the corrupt will prevent them from hiding behind lies and silly announcements.

Anonymous at this point are just a minor annoyance that will change nothing: wheel out a mid to high level lackey to go on Thai TV and say it will be dealt with is all the corrupt need to do in order to carry on as normal. That's how it works and we see it every day. These people were around a long time before Anonymous and they're more than capable of weathering Anonymous' temporary attention unless Anonymous gets a lot more serious than putting their picture on selected websites.

[edit]

Just seen the previous two posts. Perhaps Anonymous can do something useful, but it's a shame for all the innocents involved as they take a blanket approach. They really should focus on specific individuals or they will just alienate neutrals and give Thai authorities an opportunity to play the victim.

Edited by Squeegee

Curious that the "Hang 'em High" crew is conspicuously silent.

Although, if you pay attention to the "users reading this topic" at the bottom of every page, (at least when I have checked in), I have noticed a key proponent who has been lurking silent, for hours.

whistling.gif

Oh, and Squeegee?

It is "a lot more serious than putting their picture on selected websites."

And your properties...

Now if they could just show us what is in the bank accounts of the Thai judiciary and police big wigs we might get an idea of what is really going on

The term unusual wealth come to mind

I would think that the term unusual wealth would be an oxymoron in Thailand? Or wealth has been legitimately earned (according to the wealthy)? whistling.gif

......could we be be pursued if we 'like' this story.....

...if true....it is quite an accomplishment that cannot be ignored.....

...the makings of a modern-day fairy tale....

It seems the police only pursue people who like stories that make

them look bad which are on Facebook. So far TV is safe, so like away.