IUU progress declared today at Government House

snoop1130

IUU progress declared today at Government House
NNT News

BANGKOK, 14 January 2016 (NNT) - The Government with the Royal Thai Navy, Department of Fisheries, Marine Department, Employment Department of the Ministry of Labor, The Royal Thai Police and The Ministry of Foreign Affairs today held a press conference on Thailand's progress in combating IUU Fishing. The media conference was held at the Santi Maitree Building, Government House. The Command Center for Combating Illegal Fishing (CCCIF) and related agencies informed media representatives about progress in eradicating Illegal, Unreported, and Unregulated Fishing in Thai waters.

Vice Admiral Jumpol Lumpiganon, Deputy COS of the Royal Thai Navy stated that the Thai Government has placed IUU problems on the National Agenda, so as to address the situation comprehensively since the European Union pointed out that Thai Fisheries had no legal framework, to monitor, control and conduct surveillance and law enforcement. Therefore, the government has integrated all related sectors to introduce proper controls. Thailand has established the CCCIF, 28 Port in - Port out Controlling Center in 22 coastal provinces.

The answer to coping with the IUU problem, lies in enacting laws and raising people's level of participation, developing the key system of Monitoring Control and Surveillance and Traceability, cooperating with national and international agencies and assisting affected fisherman and fisheries' workers.

Source: http://thainews.prd.go.th/website_en/news/news_detail/WNPOL5901140010008

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-01-14 footer_n.gif

Oh you nay sayers, always down on Thailand.

I have to say, that I have not seen, or heard of any IUUF fishing where I live in the last 6 years.

I would welcome a visit from the EU here.

We do not get many visitors (except for the football and motor racing) here in Buriram.

Ps. We have platoo.

They are still dancing around the issue of slave labour.

Just because the Thai authorities refuse to call it for what it is, doesn't mean the rest of the world isn't able to see it for what it is.

If the Thai's at least had the balls to address the issue of slave labor, call it for what it is and at least presented the appearance of trying to fix it then they might fool some people for a while.

With this strategy of theirs they will just lose even more credibility.

"since the European Union pointed out that Thai Fisheries had no legal framework, to monitor, control and conduct surveillance and law enforcement".

They didn't know until the EU pointed it out gigglem.gif

I declare today, I am the most important person in Asia!