Anonymous releases court data as Thai police vow to catch hackers

webfact

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested to know how this works here if anyone knows.

1. Thai police ID IP address overseas - Common knowledge to be able to Id the country or even the city of the IP address but not the name of the person or their address.

2. To my knowledge only the IP service provider can divulge the actual name and address of the person IF they have broken the law in the country of the IP service provider or international law (Where extradition treaty exists).

Criticising Thai police is not a breach of international law or law in most countries so therefore they have no way of finding out who the hackers are.

Does that sound correct or have I missed something?

Yes you are missing essential facts. It's has nothing to do with criticizing the police, it's about hacking to court systems. Such actions are considered criminal activities everywhere in the world.

Anonymous releases court data as Thai police vow to catch hackers

Ok, let's say you catch the hackers..., but what if the hackers are not in Thailand, how will you catch them? Nevermind, don't let that detail stand in the way of a perfectly executed vow. Wow! BowVowWow!

You realize there are ways of enforcing laws internationally, right? You don't just give up when the bad guy leaves town.

Yes, they will give up, because they will have to fill out an official request form in English, in triplicate, attached with true translated and notarized copies of all relevant evidences within a deadline. And that will be the end of that.

No thai would have done this.

Anyway I think they have all been on the whiskey. First they plan to charge the victims sister and now they are going to track down anomoyous. Thailand is a small country in a big world.

Stick to busting people for not wearing a helmet its where they are most skilled.

Many not so funny stray dogs here. RTP is pretty much more effektive then just handing speedtickets like European police tend sticking to. Just becouse they dont come to fingerprint for evidence when someone stole your barcondom does not mean they dont care about solving crimes.

1. Thai police ID IP address overseas - Common knowledge to be able to Id the country or even the city of the IP address but not the name of the person or their address.

2. To my knowledge only the IP service provider can divulge the actual name and address of the person IF they have broken the law in the country of the IP service provider or international law (Where extradition treaty exists).

Criticising Thai police is not a breach of international law or law in most countries so therefore they have no way of finding out who the hackers are.

You do understand masking IP addresses via proxy right?

Rest assured, whatever IP addresses the Thai Police think they have, are just some random IP addresses generated by Proxy servers to hide where the real source IP address is. But let the Thai police go on a wild goose chase.

Thai police thinking then can catch and prosecute Anonymous is laughable.

The stupid Thai police will no doubt be scouring this forum in desperation and hoping they can snag someone in-country they can make into their habitual unfounded scapegoat. That's about as good as they can do.

Thailand: way out of its depth in the 21st Century.

Sorry, we aren't in the 21st century in Thailand, we are in 2559.

Way out of its depth in any century!!!

Many not so funny stray dogs here. RTP is pretty much more effektive then just handing speedtickets like European police tend sticking to. Just becouse they dont come to fingerprint for evidence when someone stole your barcondom does not mean they dont care about solving crimes.

You most be a Thai Police becouse you actually bolieve the crap your saying.

Rest assured, whatever IP addresses the Thai Police think they have, are just some random IP addresses generated by Proxy servers to hide where the real source IP address is. But let the Thai police go on a wild goose chase.

Ummm.... you're not showing much of an understanding of proxy severs yourself. It's impossible to generate random IP addresses.

Ummm.... you're not showing much of an understanding of proxy severs yourself. It's impossible to generate random IP addresses.

Just use TOR. Even in China where beasically many web pages are blocked it works and the IP is not real....

Yes, more probably one of those self-important volunteers who amount to nothing back home.

Yes, more probably one of those self-important volunteers who amount to nothing back home.

Did you notice how I was mocking him with my spelling. Hehe

Leave this discussion to those who know better Slapnuts.

clap2.gif Of Course they'll catch them, can only be a matter of time as their efficiency is legend.

Will they actually arrest them or issue summonses for Anonymous members to report to the BIB whenever they have some free time ?

We compared many IP addresses against the DNA samples and it is a 100% match, we tested it in our police labs, no we don't have it anymore but we tell truth ....

If nothing else this will make the Thais even more distrustful of technology. Rather than set up proper web servers with intrusion detection and hire competent IT staff to manage it, they'll just scrap it all and go back to paper files in office buildings filled with wall-to-wall filing cabinets.

Leave this discussion to those who know better Slapnuts.

Such as who?

Brave statements from people who are still probably using boot-legged versions of Windows XP.

You mean some of those that constantly criticize Thailand and the corruption use illegal Windows??

You'll be telling me next that they have paid a 100 baht tip to the police to get off going down the station.

They have already issued an arrest warrant for a suspect named as Khun Anonymous.

I don't think so. If the RTP had issued such a warrant they would in all likelihood have misspelled the the name.