PM Prayut concerned over domestic unrest, pushes lawful resolutions

webfact

PM concerned over domestic unrest, pushes lawful resolutions

BANGKOK, 15 January 2016 (NNT) - The Prime Minister voiced concern regarding various conflicts in Thailand, calling for solutions through the rule of law.

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha chaired a meeting with anti-graft officials to discuss solutions to corruption in Thailand.

The meeting reported incremental progress on various fronts but pointed to conflict surrounding ecclesiastical affairs and politics. The government's legal experts are delegating responsibilities for resolving these conflicts through the law.

Meanwhile, the government continues to push for a civil state, in which Thai citizens would have a greater degree of participation in their public administration.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-01-15 footer_n.gif

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The call for "solutions through the Rule of Law" from the man who, quite patently through force of arms, has trodden it underfoot.

Perhaps a good start to this exercise might be the laying of a few charges of treason and insurrection.................

Edited by Always18

The meeting reported incremental progress on various fronts but pointed to conflict surrounding ecclesiastical affairs and politics.

'Incremental progress on various fronts'??? What? Which? Where? 'but pointed to surrounding (haha) ecclesiastical affairs and politics'. Look, look over there! Jeezuz H coffee1.gif

Based on experience and tales told me by reliable sources, the graft and corruption has gotten noticeably worse since the coup.

Absolutely correct. They don't want to upset their true support base (the bureaucrats) and have not only opened the already wide floodgates but are promising the buggers a rise in pay too!

Based on experience and tales told me by reliable sources, the graft and corruption has gotten noticeably worse since the coup.

Your experience ?? and your reliable sources ??? GOT WORSE cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif it is not possible, even if you don't like the PM.

Heres the topic they have been waiting for today, they are all pouncing amazing

Your experience ?? and your reliable sources ??? GOT WORSE cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif it is not possible, even if you don't like the PM.

Absolutely no need to wait and pounce on the idiots in charge making a stupid statement

They are a veritable production line of foot in mouth gaffes, you can pretty much open TV at any time of day and be guaranteed a wide choice

Question Gingop, can you see why a person running roughshod over the laws might not be the best person to be commenting on obeying said laws or is that too deep for you?

cheesy.gif If you and your reliable mate say so then it must be true.

Last time I went for my visa at the UK consulate, I mentioned how much better I thought Thailand was now that the dirty cronies got booted out.

The guy processing the visa told me that everyone he spoke to shared the same view. The general opinion was that under Pheu-Thai, corruption was a general free-for-all and at least the Junta were trying to do something about it.

But I bow to your obviously superior information. All the farang from UK who don't give a dam about Thai political colours, are relatively well educated and grew up in a real democracy must be wrong.

Absolutely no need to wait and pounce on the idiots in charge making a stupid statement

They are a veritable production line of foot in mouth gaffes, you can pretty much open TV at any time of day and be guaranteed a wide choice

Question Gingop, can you see why a person running roughshod over the laws might not be the best person to be commenting on obeying said laws or is that too deep for you?

You were that excited to get in your propaganda you replied to GINGOP, so I will reply on his behalf.

Just to inform you near 39% of corrupt officials in Issan have either FLED the scene, or been replaced.. so tell you friend who was informed he was LED ASTRAY.

Last time I went for my visa at the UK consulate, I mentioned how much better I thought Thailand was now that the dirty cronies got booted out.

The guy processing the visa told me that everyone he spoke to shared the same view. The general opinion was that under Pheu-Thai, corruption was a general free-for-all and at least the Junta were trying to do something about it.

But I bow to your obviously superior information. All the farang from UK who don't give a dam about Thai political colours, are relatively well educated and grew up in a real democracy must be wrong.

You're really quite mad, aren't you John?

Did you guys discuss the professional and amazingly "perfect" job done by the authorities in the murders of two of British citizens on a cess pit of an island still ignored by the junta?

If there was ever a microcosm needed about corruption in Thailand needed for the world to see then that case is it. Your hero Prayuth publicly endorsed it. Hook, line and sinker.

Where were you when Yingluck, Chalerm or Plodprasop had something to say ?. 'Embarassing' doesn't even come close.

You people brought the coup on yourselves by murdering protesters with terrorists. THIRTY dead and hundreds injured. Please list the other situations where Prayuth has 'run roughshod' over the law. And I mean meaningful situations which affect the people and politics of the country - not that irrelevant 'Les Majeste' protest against an Ambassador who should know better.

Or is that 'too deep' for you ?, Or are you just writing the same the same old rhetoric you see in other posts and pretending you thought of it yourself ?.

Thank you three times.

Where were you when Yingluck, Chalerm or Plodprasop had something to say ?. 'Embarassing' doesn't even come close.

You people brought the coup on yourselves by murdering protesters with terrorists. THIRTY dead and hundreds injured. Please list the other situations where Prayuth has 'run roughshod' over the law. And I mean meaningful situations which affect the people and politics of the country - not that irrelevant 'Les Majeste' protest against an Ambassador who should know better.

Or is that 'too deep' for you ?, Or are you just writing the same the same old rhetoric you see in other posts and pretending you thought of it yourself ?.

Thank you three times.

Hi John, you well...

You people???? I am confused as I have not murdered anybody lately and actually I don't like terrorists much as I don't like bullies, actually I have a deep dislike of all Thai politicians(including the Bogey man)but unfortunately the Thai people elect them...

I thought my statement was pretty clear but for the 'hard of thinking' I will say again:

Do you, Johnny boy and the other junta cheerleaders, believe that a person who run's roughshod over a countries laws at the point of a gun when he had quite categorically stated he would not do so, are they then the best people to talk about obeying the rule of law, not a hard question...

ps Please no but, but but's as it is not the bogeymans watch anymore

Why would you be getting a UK visa at the UK consulate if you are English ?

Why would you be getting a UK visa at the UK consulate if you are English ?

Oh dear looks like the cat is out the bag, John that's what happens with you getting all in a tizzy still makes me as an Englishman feel much happier so every cloud has a silver lining and all that...

As if a Thai working in an official capacity would dare say anything different. Any Thai I speak with privately says they don't like this government and dare not speak out.

-

If only what the man says in the OP was trustworthy. There are hundreds of examples that call into question everything said and any right-minded person would find this announcement untrustworthy.

And still the likes of EnglishJohn and ginjag support these people. How can one justify such a position? It beggars belief!

Personal and evidential experience. You? Or has your 'missus' confined you to your gated community still? laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

It has not got worse. It has got more expensive because the risks are perceived to be greater.

The rule of law only exists in true democracies. There was no rule of law under previous regimes and neither is there under this regime. It does not matter if you see this regime as being de facto outside of the rule of law (illegitimate etc) because to me it appears no different from the lying & cheating so-called democracies that preceded it, gaining power through massive electoral fraud.

Now that leads us on to these questions: Are the people of Thailand, from the top downwards ungovernable? If so, is this because (a) they are fundamentally stupid/dishonest/anarchic/uneducated (strike out the ones that don't apply) or is it (B) because they are free spirits?

Answers on a postcard, please, to ............