International school in Pattaya

Bowland

Hi everyone, I've just moved to Pattaya and am looking to bring my son here for education. I've read through previous posts on international school here and found most were posted 2-3 years ago. therefore I would like to ask you for an update on your opinion on international school in Pattaya. I've visited Tara and MIS so far, spoke to both admission offices and both have some pros and cons. Regent is also one of my list to visit, but does seems to be the most expensive one, triple price of MIS. Can anyone whose kids attended or attending these three schools give me some feedbacks so that I could make a better decision.

One more thing is that I have not made up my mind where to live, so if you guys have any suggestions it would also be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by Bowland

If you are flexible on where you live i would get the school sorted out first as it could save both you and your son a lot of time if he does not have far to travel. There are a couple of kids in our moobhan who now go to St Andrews and have to get up ridiculously early and then spend a couple of hours a day on a school bus.

Our son went to Assumption in Sri Racha, the bus picked him up and brought him home ,very good school ,beautifully grounds and facilities,Regents is very very overpriced,a friend sent two children there he took one out he reckoned it was not that good ,I have heard this before,it was where we were going to send our son. Believe me some of the richest families in Pattaya use Assumption and poor ones like us

Edited by i claudius

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently looking for a new schools for my 6 year old boy, he is almost finished with kindergarten and will start in 1st grade next term.

The discipline in Maryvitt school is just too much and he is not happy when he go to school. We have slowly found out that they hit the students if the teachers are not happy with them for one reason or the other and in kindergarten 3 it's getting much worse where they are really pushing the students.

So I will have to eat my words that Maryvitt is a very good school unless you want military style discipline.

We are looking at Aksorn shool in South Pattaya, a small school with some expat teachers but are not sure it's good enough?

Assumption and Garden are too far away for us but will check Mooltripakdee school again that is just on the limit of what I can afford at about 250k baht per year.

I am currently looking for a new schools for my 6 year old boy, he is almost finished with kindergarten and will start in 1st grade next term.

The discipline in Maryvitt school is just too much and he is not happy when he go to school. We have slowly found out that they hit the students if the teachers are not happy with them for one reason or the other and in kindergarten 3 it's getting much worse where they are really pushing the students.

So I will have to eat my words that Maryvitt is a very good school unless you want military style discipline.

We are looking at Aksorn shool in South Pattaya, a small school with some expat teachers but are not sure it's good enough?

Assumption and Garden are too far away for us but will check Mooltripakdee school again that is just on the limit of what I can afford at about 250k baht per year.

Our lad was at MIS for almost 2 years before our UK relocation plans changed. He struggled a bit while at MIS. We then shifted him to BEST Burapha and his development over the past year has been remarkable.

What age is your son?

Our daughter is going at the moment to the Hastin Kindergarten in Soi Siam Contry Club. We are more than happy with it and they start grammar school with the next term - perfect timing for us as this is her last term in Kindergarten. Prices are very reasonable at 40,000 per term for the school.

What age is your son?

Our daughter is going at the moment to the Hastin Kindergarten in Soi Siam Contry Club. We are more than happy with it and they start grammar school with the next term - perfect timing for us as this is her last term in Kindergarten. Prices are very reasonable at 40,000 per term for the school.

I was waiting to hear more details about the new Hastins school as my daughter left there last year to start P1 at BEST. As a kindergarten i was very impressed by how it was run and, if they can keep to the same standards, should be an excellent new option.

Thanks for the inputs

Our son is 6 years old as mentioned.

Well tomorrow he will change class with another teacher and we will see if this helps first.

A friend of mine had his daughter attend Mooltripakdee school but they hardly have any Thai there and she was transferred to Maryvitt because they plan to stay in Thailand for good. She had to take kindergarten 3 again to improve her Thai and she is happy there.

We will likely also stay in Thailand for good, so it's important my son learns Thai extremely well but off-course English is almost just as important.

I am very satisified with my choice. Sadit School. www.sus.ac.th

I would explore there website, my son is only 3. Don't know how old our children are, but it wouldn't take much time to speak with them and make a decision thereafter.

I agree, daughter been there 2 years & loves it.

She is nearly 10 & the fees this year were about 60,000, money very well spent.

There are Thai/English & English/Thai programs, each one has a 70% & 30% breakup of the alternate dominant language.

Highly recommend it.

Good luck