Post delivery service.

MissIndy

I read a post asking where to buy a post box, so I see mail is delivered to private addresses. Is the service daily?

Do Post Offices have P.O.Boxes for rent (which is the most reliable way to get your post where I currently live)?

Thanks.

Post is delivered every day except Sundays,and as far as I am concerned

it is a very reliable service.

Go to your local head post office in your area,and see if they have any

boxes for rent.

regards Worgeordie P.S. may have misread your request,do you mean a post box to put in front of

your house ?, if so try local hardware store ,shopping mall,they have them

Thank you for your reply.

I did mean a box to rent at the local post office, but if the delivery service is good I wouldn't bother with a box.

Sounds very efficient.

I have a PO box cost 200 baht a year. But actually applying one, the post office are reluctant to rent to foreigners and even Thais are given a hard time. I only got one because my Thai neighbour works at a government office and he gave me a reference. The problem I found with having my mail sent to our home address is that the postman couldn`t read any addresses sent in English.

I did mean a box to rent at the local post office, but if the delivery service is good I wouldn't bother with a box.

Sounds very efficient.

I have a PO box cost 200 baht a year. But actually applying one, the post office are reluctant to rent to foreigners and even Thais are given a hard time. I only got one because my Thai neighbour works at a government office and he gave me a reference. The problem I found with having my mail sent to our home address is that the postman couldn`t read any addresses sent in English.

In urban areas this doesn't seem to be a problem. An easy work-around is to always supply your address in both Thai and English, side by side, so that people can print a label or copy/paste your address(es).

Postman brings the mail every day with a smile. That is in Hang Dong. If it is bigger they come with a pickup, if it is EMS there's another guy with a scooter. Been here for 2y+ and never had any problem, rather the opposite, Thai post rocks. <deleted> DHL, UPS and FedEX :)

Sounds very efficient.

You know in the 6 years we've lived here, that thought has never occurred to me. It's pretty obvious really, can't see why I missed it before. Fortunately, we were in serviced apartments then a condo so reception can sort it out, but it still has to get to the building, and I've never seen any Thai writing on enveopes or packages, and we get a lot, almost all from overseas. We've only ever missed out on Christmas cards, both times sent by the same person, the last 2 years since we moved so I'm inclined to think that she's writing the address down wrong rather than it going missing. Maybe it's a good idea to have some labels printed in Thai with just the word Thailand in English and sending them over for her to use as we usually get a letter from some of the younger kids in with the cards - I insist on handwritten not emails - and it's a shame to miss them when they've dragged themselves away from whatever screen they're plugged into and made the effort to write (and tell us all about their latest screen).

Archived