Drunk 17-year-old killed in East Pattaya road crash

rooster59

Drunk 17-year-old killed in East Pattaya road crash

crash-2-3.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA: A 17-year-old boy was killed and his 17-year-old passenger was seriously injured over the weekend after their motorbike struck the rear of a truck travelling on Highway 7 towards Pattaya.

The crash occurred in the Nong Pla Lai area on Highway 7 and resulted in the death of Khun Tanataep and serious injury to Khun Piyawat. Both were driving home after attending a friend’s house party, and were part of a larger group who decided to drive home from Laem Chabang on Highway 7, as they were aware that no Police checkpoints occur on the Highway at night, according to a friend, Khun Natapong aged 16, who admitted that everyone in the group was drinking alcohol, despite their young age.

He described how the group of 10 friends drove their bikes home together until they approached the entrance to Pattaya. The victim decided to speed-off and the others were unable to keep up with him due to his excess speed. Moments later friends of the victims encountered the scene of the crash.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/220790/drunk-17-year-old-killed-in-east-pattaya-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-01-17

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irresponsible idiots.... the lot! I can only sympathise with their parents.

Those over 18 irresponsible for encouraging a minor to drink

Friends who decide to take to the road, instead of evaporating a nights intake of alcohol....

This training is not on the evening.... it begins in the schools.

Funny that everyone knows the police arent around after 8:00..

Well.... learn

He paid the ultimate price for drinking&riding.

Why do so many Thai's hold their life in such low esteem?

Then with the 3 almost magical "Mai Pen Rai"words,everything is forgotten and suddenly ok again.

Very sad.RIP.

Edited by phitsanulokjohn

Young people do this all over the world. Get over yourselves those giving the big adult lecture. I did similar stuff when I was a teen. Did I continue with that irresponsible type behaviour. No. It's a tragic event and sadly will probably continue.

Young people do this all over the world. Get over yourselves those giving the big adult lecture. I did similar stuff when I was a teen. Did I continue with that irresponsible type behaviour. No. It's a tragic event and sadly will probably continue.

coffee1.gif There are always the sanctimonious parade of jerks who cry foul when they probably did the same when young. I did, and twisted my gas grip so hard to go faster that the handlebar bent. I survived and now people cry foul when I go slow. Mi Pen Rai & it's up to you. RIP rider

Edited by sabaii69

glad he didn't hurt an innocent human

but he did , his passenger .

I suppose then that the passenger was totally unaware of the intoxicated state of the driver, before mounting the pillion seat? More than likely he was also too intoxicated to notice or just didn't care?

In these situations, I too am glad that no other 'innocent' 3rd party was injured or killed!

Som nam nah!

As long as 12 years old school kids driving from the school ground without driving licence and without a helmet,..sometimes 3,4 or 5 on ONE bike, the teachers, parents and even the policeman in front of the school are responsible if accidents like this happen. Traffic lessons should start in SCHOOL and at home.

It's true young people do dumb shit all over the world; hell, I sure did! The main difference though, it appears as if Thai youngsters never grow over this stupid behaviour and often keep up the drinking and driving into adulthood. With there being little to zero repercussions to this type of behaviour, there's little incentive to change.

Then with the 3 almost magical "Mai Pen Rai"words,everything is forgotten and suddenly ok again.

Very sad.RIP.

weren't you ever 17 years old ? It can't happen to me is what it's all about at that age otherwise you would never get anyone to join the army in the event of war. At that age i have been just as stupid as i am sure many others on this forum have, i think back on my exploits as a teenager and fear for my son.

My heart goes out to the parents. I lost a 14 y.o. son, and once they are gone the reason doesn't matter. Life will not be the same for the parents.

Life will not be the same for the parents. I cannot comment on this particular case, the parents may or may not have allowed the deceased to ride underage.

But what I can say is that all over Thailand, stupid parents allow their underage kids to ride motorbikes on main roads. Who do they blame when any of these

kids die in an accident which was always looking for a place to happen? Themselves??

Very sad.RIP.

weren't you ever 17 years old ? It can't happen to me is what it's all about at that age otherwise you would never get anyone to join the army in the event of war. At that age i have been just as stupid as i am sure many others on this forum have, i think back on my exploits as a teenager and fear for my son.

When i was 17 yrs old, my bike was a 250cc two stroke, nothing like as powerful as the monster that they were riding, and i had a licence and my crash helmet was not tied over the back wheel

While in many ways I do agree with some of the points mentioned, unfortunately many people out there are, or have been in their youth guilty of the same crimes; (and I do include myself) an old saying is that the "Guilty part in committing any crime is getting caught" this is just a very unfortunate way of getting caught..!!! and my respects go to his family, I'm sure this outcome was not planned.

RIP

WE were ALL young once and did stupid things at times yet got away with it (mostly) sadly this young man paid the ultimate price and has left his family devastated. sad.png

WE were ALL young once and did stupid things at times.

That is very true, but there is never an excuse for driving drunk, or accepting a lift from a driver you know to be drunk.

RIP again all too sad for those affected. On a side note, was caught in traffic last night on Suk and the intersection to Khao Talo. Saw (after the fact) one motorcycle nearly underneath a car, two others still laying in the (Suk) road. What was supposed to be one lane turning from Suk to Khao Talo turned into three...all while numerous cops were about seemingly uninterested in directing traffic or even enforcing driving laws(?), or standards.

RIP

WE were ALL young once and did stupid things at times yet got away with it (mostly) sadly this young man paid the ultimate price and has left his family devastated. sad.png

That is very true, but there is never an excuse for driving drunk, or accepting a lift from a driver you know to be drunk.

Have you ever been drunk..?? I do mean drunk!!!

Looks like a fairlly high-power bike to me. Perhaps an age limit on bikes so young drivers can only have 110 cc scooters? Oh wait, there's an age limit on alcohol too.

Sad for the family; however, all part of Darwin selection.

RIP

Have you ever been drunk..?? I do mean drunk!!!

No never, why?