New gym being built by Mabprachan Lake

marmaduke

Yes, I've been watching the building progress for months and looks like they're about finished. Haven't been by in a week or so...are they open now? Looks like a nice place...really put some money into it...built from the ground up as a gym...not some ticky-tacky shophouse conversion. It's a little out of place at that location...don't see many people in that area that look like they care much about their health and fitness...mostly where is the cheapest beer but I hope I'm wrong about that.

I'll pop in the next time I pass by if they're open and get some info.

Lots of gyms nearby, be interesting to see price, and whether it can beat my lifetime membership at Tonys for 5900 baht

Yes but........

You are lucky that's within your orbit, how eva' living further out, the choice may be limited......

traffic/pollution is also small consideration.smile.png

• 3 months later...

Lots of gyms nearby, be interesting to see price, and whether it can beat my lifetime membership at Tonys for 5900 baht

I bought a lifetime membership at Tony's in 2012, the month after California Wow closed up. I think the price depended on what gyms you wanted to use. It turned out to be a one year membership for me at 15K because I haven't been back since 2013. I'd say, at Tony's that's a common trend, although I did use the gym a lot that year LOL.

This is Sanit Gym and it looks great. Very clean, large area with high ceilings, cool a/c and full of new high quality equipment. Out of my price range though. So high I threw the ad away and too far from me in Pratumnak. I do remember the "life-time" membership was 89K THB but I really don't see it surviving very long due to the location.

Had a look the other week. Looks very decent, has also a pool, sauna and offers all sorts of aerobics, yoga etc.

Membership is something like 4,000 Baht a month, even the year membership was rather on the high side. And yes, they played techno when I was there. Dealbreaker.