90-day report question

I live in Bangkok and possess an extension of stay on the basis of retirement from the US, and a multiple entry visa that I renew every year. I am flying up to Chiang Rai for a few days, and would like to fly from there to Vientiane, Laos for a few days. My question is will this entitle me to a restart of my 90 days? Thanks in advance.

A bit offtopic.

I am flying up to Chiang Rai for a few days, and would like to fly from there to Vientiane, Laos for a few days.

Have you checked flight options?

I don't think there is a direct/non-stop flight.

All through Bangkok.

Good question. I will check flights out of Chiang Rai. In the interm, will a border run still give me 90 days or is it just flights?

It seems you may have a multiple entry visa and need to leave and re-enter the country to get a new entry not a 90 day report.

You can leave and re-enter the country by land. sea or air to get the new entry.

Good question. I will check flights out of Chiang Rai. In the interm, will a border run still give me 90 days or is it just flights?

It seems you may have a multiple entry visa and need to leave and re-enter the country to get a new entry not a 90 day report.

You can leave and re-enter the country by land. sea or air to get the new entry.

To be honest Joe, that is not too clear.

Another example of someone who has no idea what is in their passport.

Looks like he has a 12 month extension based on retirement.

Edited by Eclipse

I live in Bangkok and possess an extension of stay on the basis of retirement from the US, and a multiple entry visa that I renew every year.
In the interm, will a border run still give me 90 days or is it just flights?

An extension of stay on the basis of retirement from the US, AND a multiple entry visa?

This wording is a bit unclear to me.

If you have a valid multiple entry visa (ENTER BEFORE date not over) then you get 90 days at the border, whether overland or flight.

Same is true if you are on an extension of stay, but in this case you need a re-entry permit before leaving and see post #6.

(sorry for the repetition, overlapped with others posts),

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Assuming you have a 1 year extension of stay based on retirement and a multiple re-entry permit ("a multiple entry visa"). You can leave and return by land or air. On return the IO will use the re-entry permit and stamp you back in for the remainder of your 1 year extension. If you don't already have a re-entry permit you should get one before you leave the country.

Your 90 day report will reset to day 1 on the day you re-enter.

Edited by elviajero

Am a bit in the same situation. Not retired but on a 1yr extension to stay (married to Thai national). It's a recent one so have not had a chance to do any report yet. I assume same overall answer : counter went back to 0 the day I flew back from abroad a few days ago, right ? (please shout if I am mistaking)

Side question : I was told at the immigration (in BKK) when I went to turn my 3 months non-O into a 1yr extension that for the first report I can't use the online bit - need to go in person. True ? Wrong ? Depends ?

Am a bit in the same situation. Not retired but on a 1yr extension to stay (married to Thai national). It's a recent one so have not had a chance to do any report yet. I assume same overall answer : counter went back to 0 the day I flew back from abroad a few days ago, right ? (please shout if I am mistaking)

Side question : I was told at the immigration (in BKK) when I went to turn my 3 months non-O into a 1yr extension that for the first report I can't use the online bit - need to go in person. True ? Wrong ? Depends ?

A new 90 days starts from the date you enter the country including it in the count.

It is not unusual that you need to do the first report in person. It is needed to enter your into their local 90 day report system.