Did anyone see this in news today ? Farang health warnings ....

Lumbini

The medical help here for me has been 2nd to none and a real game changer . ... how much time the doctor had to spend with me in the US on an average visit and the amount of time I am giving here it is unbelievable the difference ... again so grateful for what's available here .

​I second those observations from "Lumbini".

A bit dated but a friend had aortic valve replacement here for a cost of about $18,500. Cost in the USA would have been in excess of $150,000. Same valve, same operating theater equipment etc - he had a US trained Thai doctor who was as conservative as possible. No fuss - no drama - ICU then a private room for about 10 days then off to the house. He went back to the USA after recovery and the US doc's told him they would have done the same just for a bunch more money.

Dental cleaning at Bangkok Pattaya - 1040 Baht.

Meds here are substantially less than in the USA.

Yes cost have increased. You have to be prepared.

When I go to the USA my wife and I purchase a BUPA package for emergency care. It just makes sense to be sure that you are protected as a home country social scheme may not cover you.

MJ

Heart Valve Replacement SurgeryHeart Valve Replacement Surgery used to repair or replace diseased heart valves. B...

Dr. Purshotam is a very renowned cardiologist worldwide and also is the pioneer of ...

Metro Hospitals & Heart InstituteDr.Purshotam Lal

the package Cost of Aortic valve Replacement OR Mitral Valve Replacement (AVR/MVR) is USD 7600 which is most eco...

.Will be 10 to 20% cheaper on west coast I guess

dental cleaning perhaps $5

USA branded meds 2000 baht a month s supply here 100 baht there same-same

Do not need medical insurance in Thailand,just some help to get to plane,2 hours away the finest and cheapest medical care in the world

Going without medical insurance is not smart.... Even in Thailand. A serious accident, prolonged hospital stay (especially in the ICU) or emergency, life saving surgery can easily run into the millions. If you are wealthy, maybe not a huge worry. But most people don't seem to have that type of money just laying around.

Archived